Some Trophies Unobtainable in NG+ Run.

Drahcir7x2

My first playthrough of the Next Gen version of Witcher 3 will be a NG+ of an already completed game. Bombardier will be unobtainable in this playthrough as I have managed to get all bomb recipes in my previous playthrough. Apparently, most Alchemical Recipes cannot be obtained again, if you have them, they will get transferred over, and are unobtainable. The Potions Trophy is OK, some potion recipes are not transferred over like the Chort Lure. The Bomb Recipes will be missing from this playthrough making the trophy unobtainable.

I will have to create a Fresh Start NG after Death March is done, play on Story, and get enough money to buy bomb recipes.

I wonder if there are other trophies that cannot be obtained on a NG+ Save. 

I am playing NG+ on a previously Platted save game and unlocked Bombardier. Is there more than 6 bomb types? Maybe I didn’t get them all on my last time playing the game, but I got the trophy then and got the trophy on this NG+ run too.. *shrugs*

Edited by OTPYG

I thought about doing the same with NG+ because i already did this 100% 3 times this is now my 4th time but i started with a new character and i get everything again legit im doing everything on death march just because i enjoy the game and its very easy if you know how to play only annoying thing is the 50 crossbow headshot on deathmarch it sucks 

40 minutes ago, schwarzparker1 said:

I thought about doing the same with NG+ because i already did this 100% 3 times this is now my 4th time but i started with a new character and i get everything again legit im doing everything on death march just because i enjoy the game and its very easy if you know how to play only annoying thing is the 50 crossbow headshot on deathmarch it sucks 

That new spot that's been floating around these forums is super handy and way, way easier than Devil's Pit. It took me 25-30 minutes to get all 50 there.

1 hour ago, SirShavesALot said:

How does NG+ handle already obtained Gwent Cards?  I really don’t feel like collecting them all again.  1f60b.png

All gwent cards reset in NG+. I have suggested CDPR that give us the option to carry over the gwent cards or not - if we choose to carry, the trophy for collecting all won’t pop; if we choose to reset, we can try to unlock that trophy in NG+

Guess there aren’t too many people suggesting this.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 12/18/2022 at 4:30 PM, Way_of_Tomoe said:

Just do what I did. Start a new game on Blood and Wine and fast travel to the Alchemist Hut. You already start with enough gold to buy what you need; takes like 5 minutes.

Where is this alchemist's hut? Can't find it on Google

Ng+ was glitchy when I first started it, like quests disappear and hunts also. I had to end up starting a game from scratch. I really loved the game as I did like almost 3 playthroughs for it. The game was so good you didn't even realise how long it was. Does this have a PS5 version now with a seperate trophy list?

dunno if this will be of help to people now as it seems this is a semi active thread but i just got the platinum using a fresh game in NG+ (no previous trophies earnt) all i did at start was get bombardier by starting a new ng+ playthrough starting in the blood and wine dlc then first chance i got fast travelling to the alchemist to get bombs for that trophy.  rest i earnt during the playthrough.