Do you think we'll get a remaster or remake of Bloodborne anytime soon?

Maahniac

I've been holding out on playing Bloodborne for the past two years, because I've always been expecting a PS5 patch, or a remaster, or a remake or SOMETHING to be just around the corner, but here we are, and nothing has been announced yet. Which seems so strange. Since I got my PS5, I've had a rather difficult time going back to 30fps games, and I've heard that Bloodborne in particular feels very tired and in need of an upgrade.

Do you think an upgrade will be released in the near future? Or should I just give up and play the PS4 version (well, the only version) instead?

I mean people clowned for years for any new Silent Hill game to be announced, and now we're actually getting SH2 remake and a bunch of new entries.

Bloodborne remaster/remake/pc port is on that same level of 'cope till you manifest it' kind of wishful thinking. So it's not completely off the table for it to happen, but right now you're better off just saving yourself some disappointment expecting them to come out with any news at all about it. Play the PS4 version, the 30 fps is gonna take some getting used to but it's still very much the same great game it's been all these years since it came out. 

There is no reason to outright remake it, a 60 FPS remaster would be more than enough - but I wouldn't wager on From remastering it, it's more than likely coming from Bluepoint, given that Bloodborne, just like Demon's Souls, is a Sony-owned IP.

Demon's Souls was remade because of the fact that its gameplay doesn't really hold up that well compared to other notorious titles from that time period (e.g. MGS4 or GTA IV). I played BB last month and besides the title being locked at 30 FPS, there are no other technical issues I could spot. 

Edited by HardModeTrophies

18 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

And how many people would know what fps it is without the internet? Fps is the new “bits” from the 90s. Most don’t know what they are but they demand more!!!!

Well if they're not familiar with the abbreviation, they might Google the meaning but frames per second is pretty self explanatory to anyone who has any idea how a moving image on a screen works.

I lost all hope actually, but I do wish there was a 60fps patch (maybe with a chromatic abberation slider, I strongly dislike the effect, even if it does work pretty well with BB's aesthetic), as there is nothing to remake in Bloodborne really. Graphical remaster maybe, just so they can try to sell it for full price again I guess.

For me, this is one of the very few games that would really benefit from the 60fps upgrade but is so good that I wouldn't mind being stuck with bad 30 that much. I'd just play it in OP's place, it certainly feels like waiting is futile in this case and you might miss out on an amazing game. 

Or have fun replaying a remaster in a year, who knows these days. 

10 minutes ago, the1andonly654 said:

Well if they're not familiar with the abbreviation, they might Google the meaning but frames per second is pretty self explanatory to anyone who has any idea how a moving image on a screen works.

I lost all hope actually, but I do wish there was a 60fps patch (maybe with a chromatic abberation slider, I strongly dislike the effect, even if it does work pretty well with BB's aesthetic), as there is nothing to remake in Bloodborne really. Graphical remaster maybe, just so they can try to sell it for full price again I guess.

For me, this is one of the very few games that would really benefit from the 60fps upgrade but is so good that I wouldn't mind being stuck with bad 30 that much. I'd just play it in OP's place, it certainly feels like waiting is futile in this case and you might miss out on an amazing game. 

Or have fun replaying a remaster in a year, who knows these days. 

Yes it’s an awesome game that’s still on my hit list despite being retired from hunting ?

I have 3 words for you... BLUE POINT GAMES!!!!!! 

They did an amazing job with Demon's Souls! Some people might not agree with me or like what I have to say. I think Fromsoftware should come up with the ideas for the games but they should let Bluepoint develop them! Idk.. I just think Demon's souls remake is amazing! They did a great job! A Bloodborne remake by Bluepoint would be a dream! 

Edited by SuchRemorse
added more of an explanation

12 hours ago, Stardroid said:

What the fuck does this even meaaan lmao. It aint that mysterious

You’d be surprised. I see people on different forums complaining about games fps and people actually correcting them all the time lol I think people assume if people aren’t saying how amazing the 60fps is then it must be 30fps ?

• 2 weeks later...

Most new games don't hit 60fps mark on consoles so i think you should drop gaming entirely. 

And playing From Software games for fidelity? Sorry, Miyazaki doesn't care. He never did. It's not Nioh. 

So, no new version. Sony doesn't care and after Elden Ring many people don't care either. Vastness of ER makes BB claustrophobic and obsolete today. I hope BB will never gets a remake, but i hope Sony will pay Miyazaki for making another one, bigger than ER, with hundred of bosses and with that one of the kind victorian atmosphere. I hope that good blood will guide us to the places we haven't dreamed of in our worst nighmares. 

Edited by PIOTREK27-1982

On 7.01.2023 at 1:02 PM, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

Most new games don't hit 60fps mark on consoles so i think you should drop gaming entirely.

This is true if you're still playing on PS4. On PS5 it's quite the contrary.

On 7.01.2023 at 1:02 PM, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

Sony doesn't care and after Elden Ring many people don't care either.

Same thing used to be said in context of Demon's Souls, until the remake was announced. Bluepoint might be preparing a Bloodborne remake for next generation as we speak.

From what I've seen, many souls players aren't really convinced by the open world aspect of the game. They say it's far too stretched out and feels kinda empty compared to the area based worlds from previous FS games. They would rather go back to the original formula.