Pros and Cons if you start/restart with 1.00

aimeraya

Yesterday, i just finished my 2nd walkthrough to get this platinum with my physical copy.

For 1st walkthrough, i blind-played on normal difficulty without following collectible guide. So i was stuck at 24/27 progress of trophies. I tried to use the glitch but it seemed not working with this latest update 1.008. So i deleted and reinstalled my game, cut the internet connection and restarted with 1.00. (FYI, Powerpyx said that you start with Max difficulty, switch to easy then switch to Max at the end, it's not necessary, just start with easy and switch to Max at the end it's still working.)

Pros:

1.famous and fabulous Glitch above.

2.Picked up a random skunk ammo and it fulled my inventory (adding ammo automatically until inventory is full). 

Cons:

1. Game randomly crashed when auto-saving.

2. Locations of collectibles not corresponding to all the guides. At least 7-8 collecbibles are like this, you can find it before or after the timing in video. Some collectibles will be automatically added, for example Dani Nakamura. Weird.

3. Sound, subtitles, graphic, little but frustrating problems etc.

4. It cost huge time with cons combined above.

In conclusion, if you're good at this game, just do it legitimately on Maximum difficulty.

This was my experience on 1.00, PS4. I.had to brute force my way through as it's barely playable. From the other thread:

So, I played the PS4 1.00 version to attempt the original glitch. Oh, my God, what a ride...

•It runs worst than Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4. Frame rate often dips to single digits. 

• Many collectibles are in different locations. I had to do extra exploring but I did find them and got Grim Reaper trophy.

• The first three story related trophies didn't pop. 

- Auto dodge does not work. 

- You can't skip the final credits. You can go into options and choose to go back to main menu, but there is still a checkpoint restart. Trying to restart a checkpoint from the credits leads you back to the credits. 

And worst of all:

•Both trophies for beating the game and beating on highest difficulty DID NOT pop for me.

•Digital, PS4 version played on a PS4, V. 1.00.

I only got the trophies to pop when I updated to 1.08 and used my 1.00 files. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022/12/31 at 8:32 AM, mearhar1 said:

Do you remember where the 2nd date bio in Chapter 7 was at. Guides say it's on the shelf before going down a ladder but in verison 1.0 it's not 

I remember this one, but i don't remember its location. What i can suggest is to make a back-up manual save. It'll appear sooner or later if you scavenge everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2022 at 8:07 PM, ARIXANDRE said:

This was my experience on 1.00, PS4. I.had to brute force my way through as it's barely playable. From the other thread:

So, I played the PS4 1.00 version to attempt the original glitch. Oh, my God, what a ride...

•It runs worst than Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4. Frame rate often dips to single digits. 

• Many collectibles are in different locations. I had to do extra exploring but I did find them and got Grim Reaper trophy.

- You can't skip the final credits. You can go into options and choose to go back to main menu, but there is still a checkpoint restart. Trying to restart a checkpoint from the credits leads you back to the credits. 

And worst of all:

•Both trophies for beating the game and beating on highest difficulty DID NOT pop for me.

The second story-related trophy didn't pop for me either.  I reloaded my manual save at the start of Chapter 2, before receiving the shiv from Elias and the trophy popped after playing the section again.  I'm surprised more of the story-related trophies didn't glitch, to be honest.  This is honestly the worst experience of playing a game on version 1.0 that I have ever had.

• 1 month later...
On 11/01/2023 at 2:32 PM, tenike1 said:

The second story-related trophy didn't pop for me either.  I reloaded my manual save at the start of Chapter 2, before receiving the shiv from Elias and the trophy popped after playing the section again.  I'm surprised more of the story-related trophies didn't glitch, to be honest.  This is honestly the worst experience of playing a game on version 1.0 that I have ever had.

Playing on 1.00 now. Terrible. Frequent crashes. Seriously considering updating. Currently still early in the game and the first 2 story related trophies did not pop. Restarted and they did.

EDIT: Had to update. Was borderline unplayable and wasting a lot of time crashing and restarting. Doing it the hard way.

Edited by espjh2

I have the game on disc. Can I play it through until the end with the most recent update, and then delete and re-install the game at 1.00 and get the max security trophy that way? 

I'm playing through on 1.00 right now, and I reached a point in Chapter 3 where the frame rate drops drastically and keeps crashing. I can't even get to the next area because the game keeps crashing.

EDIT: This is impossible. I'm updating to the current version (1.012) now and we'll see if I can downgrade again later and still do the trophy exploit. I'll report back with my findings.

EDIT #2: I have successfully gotten the platinum through this method. Cheers!

Edited by Neocarleen

On 12/18/2022 at 10:07 PM, ARIXANDRE said:

And worst of all:

This is 100% on you and you should take some ownership and accountability.  You're no victim. You went out of your way to corrupt your own experience.  THESE ARE THE GAMES, THE HARDEST DIFFICULTY TROPHIES CARRY some MEANING, even if the overall game fell short of fellow trophy hunter's expectations.

And to the oP, you're hilarious.  "famous and fabulous glitch."  -_--

Edited by SilkyJay86

On 25/02/2023 at 0:35 AM, SilkyJay86 said:

This is 100% on you and you should take some ownership and accountability.  You're no victim. You went out of your way to corrupt your own experience.  THESE ARE THE GAMES, THE HARDEST DIFFICULTY TROPHIES CARRY some MEANING, even if the overall game fell short of fellow trophy hunter's expectations.

This was a test, you dumbass. That's what we do here to share experiences to workaround bugged trophies. 

Don't know why I'm even replying to you, but, as far as this glitch goes, the ship has sailed and you were left drifting. 

On 2/24/2023 at 10:35 PM, SilkyJay86 said:

? Trophies have no meaning or value except for what you give them. They're just lines of code that nobody outside our community really care about.

And you know what, I enjoy subverting and exploiting workarounds for trophy requirements like this. It's chaotic, mischievous fun solving things outside the box. I didn't corrupt my experience, I elevated it!

But to each their own. If you would rather do things strictly legit, that's totally fine. But don't go belittling others who want to play games differently than you do.