Anyone got tips for collecting 20 Materia

So I'm trying to get all trophies in one play through and trying to get  "Good match for Aerith" Trophy. Part of it has me collecting 20 Materia in under 14 seconds. Best I have done is like 14.5. 

I have seen videos where people are using the camera smoothly, I cant seem to do that, unless i do a claw type thing with my hand my little finger on the R2, thumb on R3 and pointing finger on the X button. But sigh still can't do it. 

I also tried changing the X button to R1, but when you do this mini game it doesn't recognize the button change and is always set to X.

So got any tips? I'm tryna "Get Good", but I'm just not good enough.

Edited by VaNiDgE

28 minutes ago, VaNiDgE said:

I have seen videos where people are using the camera smoothly, I cant seem to do that, unless i do a claw type thing with my hand my little finger on the R2, thumb on R3 and pointing finger on the X button. But sigh still can't do it. 

Only thing I see is maybe you should try clicking L3 at the start to sprint instead of holding R2. It's definitely awkward trying to control the camera and click X at the same time (at least it was for me), but you'll get the time eventually if you keep trying!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, simmias said:

Only thing I see is maybe you should try clicking L3 at the start to sprint instead of holding R2. It's definitely awkward trying to control the camera and click X at the same time (at least it was for me), but you'll get the time eventually if you keep trying!

Oh cheers for that, did not occur to me you could use L3 to also run. Thanks

14 hours ago, oYazmat said:

Go into your camera settings, change Left/Right to 5

Will definitely give that a go, thanks. I usually up the speed when i play FPS, but for 3rd person i tend to forget about camera speed. Thank you!

I found it easier to just not bother with the camera at all (or only minimally in the middle/end). You’ll be running blind for a good chunk of it, especially at the start, but it’s way faster once you have done a couple runs and know the path through the materia. And the materia pickup radius is fairly wide.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

I found it easier to just not bother with the camera at all (or only minimally in the middle/end). You’ll be running blind for a good chunk of it, especially at the start, but it’s way faster once you have done a couple runs and know the path through the materia. And the materia pickup radius is fairly wide.

Yeah finally able to do it, wow not sure why it took me a while, but i took your tip and didn't bother with the camera. Just had to remember a rough placement.

2 hours ago, ZeromusF4 said:

Just run it blind. Do it a few times and you will get the feel

You're right in the end i just had to remember the placement and kept at it, but other people tips were a huge help as well.

1 hour ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

Had trouble with this as well until I changed camera to zoom out a bit more. I think you can choose between 3 settings.

Yep thanks heaps, I changed my zoom out and it made things a lot better, i still had to run it a few times but the tip helped heaps

Cheers everyone for your tips, i was able to use everyone's small tid bits info and managed it. Thank goodnes i got it done, 

• Like 2

That day, for no particular reason, I decided to go for a little run picking up materia.

So I ran to the end of the road. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd run to the end of Midgard. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd just run across Kalm County. And I figured, since I run this far, maybe I'd just run across the great state of East Continent. And that's what I did. I ran clear across the East Continent.

For no particular reason I just kept on going. I ran clear to the ocean. And when I got there, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well turn around, just keep on going. When I got to another ocean, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well just turn back, keep right on going.

• Like 1

I know it's an old thread but fun fact - you don't even need this mini-game to get the trophy. If you do all the other requirements correctly you should already have the 75 affection points you need with Aerith - managing to make perfect perfume three times in a row actually givs you 15 points instead of 10 (as some guides suggest).

24 minutes ago, SakisasVM said:

I know it's an old thread but fun fact - you don't even need this mini-game to get the trophy. If you do all the other requirements correctly you should already have the 75 affection points you need with Aerith - managing to make perfect perfume three times in a row actually givs you 15 points instead of 10 (as some guides suggest).

But this minigame has its own trophy, so if you want that juicy plat, you still need to do it anyways.

• 1 year later...

I actually get this very quick by asking my wife to mashing X while I was running and controlling camera. One gamepad and three hands did the job.

Work smart not hard :D

Edited by Sykacz