Easy methode for Minerve

Hi. I think more elaboration would be much appreciated, since we don't know how it works nor the necessary setup. From the video we see you steal 89 phoenix down. Do you suggest repeatedly steal, spam normal attack, die again, eat phoenix down, and eventually drain Minerva's HP? It means she can be infinitely stolen? Thank you.

1 hour ago, R_vNistelrooy said:

Hi. I think more elaboration would be much appreciated, since we don't know how it works nor the necessary setup. From the video we see you steal 89 phoenix down. Do you suggest repeatedly steal, spam normal attack, die again, eat phoenix down, and eventually drain Minerva's HP? It means she can be infinitely stolen? Thank you.

Just spam steal

On 20/12/2022 at 1:23 PM, JoniP said:

So how do you make sure you get attacks in between every of her hits doing 99999 damage when you're not at full SPR / VIT? And having enough time to use that Phoenix Down after Judgement Arrow?

Just guard with the buster sword and her attacks will do a ridiculous damage. In first phase you can guard from her attacks and have time to perform 2 on your own if you are close to her (2 costly punches for ex), and 2 and 3 phase you usually only have time for doing one.

To survive Judgment Arrow, just make sure you have more than 75k HP (is the only mandatory prerrequisite to kill her, having 255 VIT/SPR is not) and be very far from her when she cast it. When you survive, you will have plenty of time to use one.

On 20/12/2022 at 1:23 PM, JoniP said:

So how do you make sure you get attacks in between every of her hits doing 99999 damage when you're not at full SPR / VIT? And having enough time to use that Phoenix Down after Judgement Arrow?

For minerve you just need to have 255 ATK solid def like 230 and some ammount life point

On 20/12/2022 at 11:23 PM, JoniP said:

You will need to be at max VT and SPR for this fight (255) and preferably 99,999 HP as well or close to it.

You will only be using Costly Punch and possibly Mug if you really need the Phoenix Down insurance, so get to work on Materia Fusing to get that SPR/VIT and HP up to max; what materia you make is largely irrelevant as it's more about the stat boosts. At this point you should have amassed a wealth of fusion items from chests in the missions so infuse them when doing fusion. Don't just fuse willy nilly; pay attention to the SP costs as you may just be wasting them for no real stat gain. Also have the Genji Glove, Genji Shield, Genji Armour (Adaman Bangle or whatever it's called works fine if you cbf with the DMW stuff yet) and the Ziedrich which adds 100 to VIT and I think SPR.

I just healed with Elixirs as I had about 76 of them and used just over 40 in the fight. Just have the cursor over the Phoenix Down after she uses it; Elixirs and Phoenix Down are right next to each other in the item menu. Just spam Costly Punch 2 win.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

You will need to be at max VT and SPR for this fight (255) and preferably 99,999 HP as well or close to it.

You will only be using Costly Punch and possibly Mug if you really need the Phoenix Down insurance, so get to work on Materia Fusing to get that SPR/VIT and HP up to max; what materia you make is largely irrelevant as it's more about the stat boosts. At this point you should have amassed a wealth of fusion items from chests in the missions so infuse them when doing fusion. Don't just fuse willy nilly; pay attention to the SP costs as you may just be wasting them for no real stat gain. Also have the Genji Glove, Genji Shield, Genji Armour (Adaman Bangle or whatever it's called works fine if you cbf with the DMW stuff yet) and the Ziedrich which adds 100 to VIT and I think SPR.

I just healed with Elixirs as I had about 76 of them and used just over 40 in the fight. Just have the cursor over the Phoenix Down after she uses it; Elixirs and Phoenix Down are right next to each other in the item menu. Just spam Costly Punch 2 win.

exactly what i did :) but instead of elixir i used X Potion

On 23/12/2022 at 5:26 PM, EdgeHosenkan said:

For minerve you just need to have 255 ATK solid def like 230 and some ammount life point

Attack is a meaningless statistic with Costly Punch compared to VIT and SPR.

On 23/12/2022 at 5:48 PM, LunchCannon54 said:

Indeed, but that point you don't really need 99 Phoenix Down anymore. I used about 5 or 6.

Edited by JoniP
  • Like 1

Same strat using elixirs and Phoenix downs collected over the course of the game but I used death blade instead of costly punch because it has better range and doesn't require hp to use. Elixirs fill your AP back up so you just keep spamming it.

I used a different method. I had 255 in all stats, 99k health, 95% buster sword proficiency, Genji Shield, Armour, Gloves and Ziedrich equipped. I relied on using combat stance to absorb her attacks (at max prof almost all attacks get completely nullified while guarding - only specials, Ultima and Tonberry's knife go through, but you can cancel most specials and dodge the rest) and countered with Assault Twister+, over and over again. I found it faster than using Costly Punch. Dealt about 130k per twister. Seldom needed to heal, but Curaga was enough. Used maybe 10-15 Soma to refill my AP and 2 Ethers to refill my MP after her unguardable specials. Zero Phoenix Downs used - they get dispelled by her specials anyway and that's the only thing that can kill you with decent equipment.

• 2 months later...

Just finished this boss and I just cheesed it by using the phoenix downs. I died in 1 hit from anything as my stats were trash but I would raise, hit the boss 1-3 times, died, raise again and do it over and over lol. DMV was also clutch from time to time granting invincibility as well as the special limit breaks that would negate whatever was about to happen. I am sure I just saved myself like 10+ hours. Just need to finish the game and replay the last chapter on hard.

Good luck guys!

• 3 weeks later...

Just look up methods for the PSP version it is literally the same.  The only (minor) difference is you can't steal the Phoenix Downs and then die and still have them.  So all you need to is the make stealing the 99 Phoenix Downs (1 successful steal/mug) the priority right at the beginning.  Use whatever Phoenix Downs you already have to stay alive until that point.  Then then once you successfully steal them the fight is exactly the same as the PSP version.  Just look up guides for it, they've been out there since like 2007.

• 3 months later...

Gil Toss is much easier, takes about an hour to farm 10mil which is plenty. You can also comvert all your unused materia into SP and equip an 'SP Master' Materia which will keep you alive for most of the fight. Ten or so Phoenix downs beyond that is enough insurance.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Late to the game, but costly punch honestly takes forever and Minerva easily dodges it. I did GIL Toss with only 4 million and had no problems. The only issue is you may have bad luck with a rise and get two attacks from slash that might wipe you. Also judgement erases raise status so always user another Phoenix after judgement arrow is cast. 

• 1 month later...

I hope you have already finished killing Minerva at the moment.

Let me share what I have done on Dec 12, 2023. Minerva finished in almost 1 to 2hrs of learning curve. 

My equip

- Genji Helm

- Genji Armor

- Ziedrich

- Good Luck Charm (+100 to luck)

Materia

- Costly Punch every after dodge (patience is a virtue my friend)

- Dash or High Jump to evade Phantom (I prefer Dash)

- HP++ 

- Lucky Stars

- Healing Wave (WHY??)

- SP Turbo Attack

After 3 to 4 tries, you'll get the pattern how to evade every attack. It just requires precise timing for all the magic and physical attacks to dodge. But first, You need to steal

the 99 Phoenix Downs. 

Costly Punch will be your main.

Hitting pattern is, Dodge - Attack (Costly Punch)- Dodge - CP - Dodge. So on and so forth,. However, Once Judgement Arrow is executed, be sure to hit Minerva by up to 50%,

this will ensure, that you will not be OHKO'ed. above 75%, sure you'll restart. 

Now, Why Did I put Goodluck Charm, Healing wave, and Lucky Stars?

DMWs are my panic button when I got  OHKO near Minerva. Sometimes, after the Phoenix Down is consumed, she always has a Follow up attack. Flash Slash is the most deadly, as you dont have the window to evade or dash. Hence, DMW is the "Key"

Also, the Healing Wave Lvl 4/5 provides Invulnerability for upto 10 secs. So Costly Punch can be spammed on this window. Which is better than the Rush Attack

HTH

i got 1 question i got also crysis core final fantasy 7 reunion is unlocking everything in 1 paytrough even possible  since there are no chapter select i had some difficulties with slicing soldier trophie in chapter 2 and with red items that where on the ground i use 2 save files just in case and when can i learn gill toss trough the side missions ore ?

Edited by maxfighter23___