Server status

Major_Tom289

Hey all, noticed the servers seem to be as bad or worse than ever, I can still see limited multiplayer trophy activity in the last week. Just looking for confirmation from active players that they are still occasionally able to get online as to ease my anxiety about this. Trying to convince myself it's my router and not that the servers are finally closed. Cheers in advance and happy hunting

Edit: can confirm servers still operational with relative consistency. Got a new issue now, placed all my diamonds before if could do the Warlord glitch...

Edited by Major_Tom289
Update
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Jay_Real83 said:

Does anyone know if the servers are still up? and if so, what are the best steps to take to knock the online trophies out asap?

The servers are down at the moment and have been for a couple of weeks now so all you can do is wait until Ubisoft reboots them for the millionth time. Also note there's a rumour doing the rounds from a credible leaker, that says the FC2 servers will get an official closure notice sometime this year so once they come back up, it will likely be for the last time.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Nope, FC2 has actual servers but they are the worst ones possible and prone to outages that last months on end.

Do you think it's possible that there might be some custom servers going under the radar? Might help explain some of the recent earners in a way that's not just downright hacking (although it is possible)

Edited by wltrsjcwvita

5 minutes ago, wltrsjcwvita said:

Do you think it's possible that there might be some custom servers going under the radar? Might help explain some of the recent earners in a way that's not just downright hacking (although it is possible)

Anything is possible but my money is on hackers, unless they got very lucky and managed to login by chance so took advantage of it to earn some trophies.

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/03/2023 at 7:17 AM, Anton_games337 said:

Are servers up now? Some players got online trophies in March.

On 21/03/2023 at 7:18 AM, Ghost-Zeus514 said:

I want to know as well

Doesn't seem like it. I'd be suspicious of any recent earners at the moment unless there's a large amount at once, last time that happened was back in January.

The servers are on life support. Ubisoft for some reason can't manage to run more than one conflicting version of this game, they restored the 360 servers in January which brought this version down again. They deny there is a link but last time the ps3 version was restored it broke the 360 version. So yeah its easy to work out. I think at this point they need to announce a coming closure. Even when this server works it limps, you get kicked out of the server every 5 matches with a network engine failure. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2023 at 5:30 AM, ResiGamer_28 said:

The servers are on life support. Ubisoft for some reason can't manage to run more than one conflicting version of this game, they restored the 360 servers in January which brought this version down again. They deny there is a link but last time the ps3 version was restored it broke the 360 version. So yeah its easy to work out. I think at this point they need to announce a coming closure. Even when this server works it limps, you get kicked out of the server every 5 matches with a network engine failure. 

5 matches is a lot.  There’s a limit on XP gain so you really only want 2 matches per lobby.  After that, just recreate the lobby.  

Eventually you will get the “network engine failure” error message and resetting the game is all you need to fix it.

• Like 1

Since the forum post was unfortunately closed, has anybody had any contact with Ubisoft and new information about the server? We know it's still down, but it's been over 2 months and if you stop sending support tickets, twitter posts and/or FB messages they won't care! I got an (unfortunately default) answer to my support ticket after over a week. I'm waiting now for a new answer after I explained everything again (that I already reset my router, wired connection, blabla) and will let you know if I get anything new!

But I think it would help if you guys would also open some support tickets so they see we care.

Life

6 hours ago, LifeIsSenseless said:

Since the forum post was unfortunately closed, has anybody had any contact with Ubisoft and new information about the server? We know it's still down, but it's been over 2 months and if you stop sending support tickets, twitter posts and/or FB messages they won't care! I got an (unfortunately default) answer to my support ticket after over a week. I'm waiting now for a new answer after I explained everything again (that I already reset my router, wired connection, blabla) and will let you know if I get anything new!

But I think it would help if you guys would also open some support tickets so they see we care.

Life

Got default answer after a week too:

Hey Anton,

Issue is still being looked into unfortunately.

Let me know if you need any help with questions or anything else.

Ubi-Magnesium

• Like 2