[STORY SPOILER] Did anyone else wonder what was up with this change in this remaster?

This scene where Cloud stabs Sephiroth and Sephiroth stabs Cloud now have these smoky effects which weren't at all present in the original version. 

Tc6Q7Oj.png

O3E3xHK.png

What do you think this change was about? It could be just for censorship but it's not like there was any blood on the original version to begin with. Could it be that these smoky effects are here to signify the whispers that were present in FF7 Remake? I mean I'm probably reaching with this speculation because as the ending showed, everything remained the same in this version of Crisis Core. But in FF7 Remake if I remember correctly, the whispers always intervened in order for the original timeline to remain as it 'should'. Could that also be the case here in these scenes where the whispers are protecting Sephiroth and Cloud from their respective wounds? Let me know what you think.

Edited by PostGameBlues

15 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I'd really be surprised if it was anything other than censorship. I remember in FF7R they had to make Jenova's blood purple to avoid the M rating.

Jenova's blood being purple seemed natural to me so I guess that's why I didn't notice that it was a change on their part. To be honest, this smoky effect is probably just censorship but I feel like they should have used another way to censor it lol. It looks too much like the whispers' effects when they healed Barrett on Shinra HQ.

12 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

Jenova's blood being purple seemed natural to me so I guess that's why I didn't notice that it was a change on their part. To be honest, this smoky effect is probably just censorship but I feel like they should have used another way to censor it lol. It looks too much like the whispers' effects when they healed Barrett on Shinra HQ.

Yeah, I actually think it makes a lot of sense that Jenova's blood isn't red, so it was a good change. I do think they could have picked a different effect for this scene to avoid any confusion, but considering the entire remaster is 1-to-1, I think this it's just censorship as it might be too graphic to show a giant sword stabbing someone.

• Like 1