Struggling with the controls, any advice?

JEDI_BROTHERS

• 1 month later...

When I was playing SF2 as a kid 20 years ago, I don't remember having too many issues with the controls, but there was much less emphasis on player convenience back then, so you just got used to it. The game is less about precision aiming and more about running and gunning (except for thoe parts where enemies are wearing flak jackets). You also have to remember that the original PS1 controllers that came with the console didn't have analogue sticks, so these games had to be designed with that in mind.

If you think this game has awkward controls, try the original control scheme for Medal of Honor. I have no idea how I was even able to play that game without analogue sticks. It's like playing an FPS on a computer without a mouse.

Edited by Fat_Pie123
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

After a couple hours of the archaic controls I got used to them but as suggested above, you can try changing the button mapping. 

It almost makes me appreciate our modern day homogenized controls.

I got use to it after forcing myself to play a few levels, it grew on me heavy, controls were a lot easier. I have a tendency to overreact if I play games in a bad mood which is why the original post exists. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, JEDI_BROTHERS said:

I got use to it after forcing myself to play a few levels, it grew on me heavy, controls were a lot easier. I have a tendency to overreact if I play games in a bad mood which is why the original post exists. 

I hear that lol. 

One thing I just remembered about SF2, is that the opening levels have a lot of enemies in bulletproof vests. The first game worked up to these guys but 2 was like nah, screw them! The first few levels really irked me because of this - thank God for rewind!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

For me using the aiming mechanic was just a matter of time to get used to, also this may help others to keep an eye on the danger level, if it is in red roll or get into cover, running and shooting from the hip non-armored enemies, taking aim from a distance or from cover using the right angles, when this fails rewind, the game took me back and enjoyed the classic story.

Boss fight (spoiler - ending in the video)