Unable to save

My game crashed and now it’s acting like I’m just launching the game for the first time. HUD/Gamma settings and the intro pop ups. This wouldn’t be bothersome, if I was able to save!!

I cannot manually save now as well. It mentions about the “saves being created with this version will be incompatible with previous versions”. I never ported over a ps4 save or anything. 

I used google and Reddit and most workarounds were for ps4/Xbox users. I haven’t been able to find one for PlayStation 5/no cross platform save. I tried deleting my local console storage saves and downloading my cloud save. Didn’t fix a thing. 

Seems like this will need to be patched. Don’t want to have to do some workaround every time it crashes. 

• Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 4:29 AM, Sicho said:

have you tried deleting and reinstalling the game?

So what ended up working was deleting a bunch of other saves, weren’t even listed, they were buried within the saved list. Had to delete one then another popped in its place, when it was initially only showing around 6? Maybe because of that prompt of “incompatible saves”, no clue. After clearing a bunch of saves, it magically started working again.. deleted like 15 saves. 

Technically this happened twice. One was such a short while I didn’t notice it. Thought it was a weird hangup. The second time was when it was for a full day and was very annoying then I made this post. 

Best of luck to anyone else this happens to. I still don’t quit know what happened or how it was fixed. None of it makes any sense on paper lol

This happened both times after the game crashed just from me simply walking around. So idk if there’s some hangup about too many saves and it causes destabilization? Just spit balling this nonsense lol

The game acts like it captures your save too. Has the little paper icon in the corner, but then you look under “load game” and the file you just created/replaced with an old one just won’t be there. Auto save is the only option.

Edited by Zeep_Xanflorp92
  • Like 2

I think I know what's going on. I bought Wither 3 GOTY edition some time back and played for a few hours. I noticed that for every quest I did somethnig was locked out in the story and I got frustrated and quit. I uploaded the save into PS Cloud (PS4 version) and deleted the game. Now I downloaded the PS5 version and started from scratch and played ALOT. I had this twice and it seems my game randomly downloads the old PS4 save into my PS5 game playthrough and mess things up. Now I just deleted the PS4 cloudsave through my PS5 and I hope this has sorted it out once and for all.

My theory is that "cross-play" is the root to all the problems with the saves on this game.

9 minutes ago, PaladinZeke said:

I think I know what's going on. I bought Wither 3 GOTY edition some time back and played for a few hours. I noticed that for every quest I did somethnig was locked out in the story and I got frustrated and quit. I uploaded the save into PS Cloud (PS4 version) and deleted the game. Now I downloaded the PS5 version and started from scratch and played ALOT. I had this twice and it seems my game randomly downloads the old PS4 save into my PS5 game playthrough and mess things up. Now I just deleted the PS4 cloudsave through my PS5 and I hope this has sorted it out once and for all.

My theory is that "cross-play" is the root to all the problems with the saves on this game.

Interesting. I mean I never started Witcher 3 on ps4, did on Xbox but never ps4. So you could be onto something in some circumstances, but not sure what happened with me. 

Edited by Zeep_Xanflorp92

20 minutes ago, Zeep_Xanflorp92 said:

Interesting. I mean I never started Witcher 3 on ps4, did on Xbox but never ps4. So you could be onto something in some circumstances, but not sure what happened with me. 

Crossplay is on all platforms, so this could possible be the same issue whatever you play on. PS4-PS5, PC-Playstation/Xbox, Xbox - Playstation or whatever.

After I deleted the PS4save in the "clouds of PS Plus" I had to do nothing, it just worked. Make of that what you will but I think it's sorted with only one save going on at the moment.

And by the way: Merry Christmas Zeep :)

Edited by PaladinZeke
misspellled ;)
  • Like 1