AXII pupet glitched on the PS5 version ?

ArkoDark

Hello :)

Anyone knows if AXII puppet skill is bugged ?
I'm trying to get "The ennemy of my ennemy" trophy but when I use the puppet skill, the enemy I took control of does very little damage (even with the level 3 upgrade) but above all he dies in one shot...
This makes the trophy very long and boring to get.

Do you think it's a nerf due to the unbalance there was before on this skill, or it's a bug that could be fixed?

I spent over an hour in the devil's pit and and could only do 4 or 5. The puppet is so slow! Even when weakening the enemies around him, he is so slow that the other mobs systematically smash him before he starts his attack. It doesn't matter what kind of enemies...

It's very frustrating ?

• Like 1

Not especially, I have unlocked only 3 sign skills (I'm level 13).
I tried differents build with the potion to reset all points. I tried to change the difficulty too, I started my run on death march and change in the 3 others difficulties to test but in vain...

I'm glad you said something cause I'm in the same boat. I have the puppet skill equipped, with a Blue Mutagen for extra bonus and whoever I possess is 1 hit killed by everyone. When they attack someone it takes a sliver of health but never kills them. 

I'm now running in, taking out the bow and arrow guys and wounding everyone so they have no health and basically running away until I can possess someone without getting hit and hope they can take them out. It's going painfully slow. Another thing that I noticed is that everyone I possess is basically clueless. They run up to attack someone but they never get the "jump" on anyone. They never attack first. They just get hit and die but maybe that's because I'm on Deathmarch difficulty. Anyways...this sucks. I'm also dreading the 50 headshots over at Devil's pit. 

24 minutes ago, trojbrown40 said:

I'm now running in, taking out the bow and arrow guys and wounding everyone so they have no health and basically running away until I can possess someone without getting hit and hope they can take them out. It's going painfully slow. 

This is the way to go. It's bugged in the current patch.

• Like 1

I dunno if it's bugged but surely, works pretty weird. No matter the difficulty, any "controled by Axii" enemy is almost one shotted if its hit. Nonetheless, the trophy is doable, I just did it today. I just went to the place in this video, and lower the HP of one by fists, and control the other one.

• Like 1

So I will say, I just jumped on to my full mage Geralt and my puppets were crap. But I also don't remember them being much better? Who knows. So I guess I can't help ya there.

But Devil's Pit also isn't the best spot to do the grindy trophies. This spot on Skellige is.

There's a small village to the south of this where you have to do a side quest to piss off the locals first, but then these two enemies start spawning over and over. Sometimes right in front of your eyes.

(Damn, someone beat me to posting this lol)

Edited by KingGuy420

6 minutes ago, zachpicc said:

yea its not bugged, but they do die in one shot and do little damage, you've just got to manipulate their oponents to have really low heath so they (the puppet) can one shot the other opponent

Kinda think the 1 hit death is a bug because I remember then fighting for Abit till it wears off and I have to reapply it so definitely wasn't just dying in 1 hit. But I guess the bug would be helpful if your fighting strong enemies lol just axi the strong ones let the minions kill him :P

• Like 1

Thank you all for replying ?

3 hours ago, zachpicc said:

yea its not bugged, but they do die in one shot and do little damage, you've just got to manipulate their oponents to have really low heath so they (the puppet) can one shot the other opponent

If it's not, this skill is totally useless... Whatever the ennemies level or the difficulty, the puppet die in one hit. Hope this will be fixed eventually, I don't really want to spend hours to manage erratics movements of some ennemies to get 20 kills like this... ?

Edited by ArkoDark

I figured my puppets were dying super fast because I'm playing on Death March. It's a bitch, but you need to weaken one guy until he's about to die, puppet his friend, then distract him so he doesn't turn around and whack his homie in one hit. It usually takes two possessions because it takes like 4-5 hits for the puppet to finish the weak guy usually. I'm at like 6-8 kills doing this and I'm about to find Junior. I might get 1 or 2 kills this way in each combat encounter unless they are non-human or too many guys and I just need to murder everyone.

Also, the skill might seem worthless when it comes to getting the trophy but it's actually incredibly strong in encounters with multiple enemies because you can puppet the strongest one of them and watch them fold like a lawn chair to their own friends.

Edited by Shiggidy_DoZa
  • Like 2

As the above said to me, I was grinding forever since I did it on Death March. I switched it to easiest and my puppets were FINALLY doing damage and not being 1 shotted. 

Even with the damage upgrade, easiest difficulty seems to be the only way. I dropped it one notch every time and they still got 1 hit killed. Had to be on easiest 

This is definitely trickier trophy on Ps5, but I found an easy way to earn it and took only about 30 minutes.

The south eastern island on Skellige where two Pirate's spawn infinitely is the best spot; take off most of the health from other Pirate with your fists or sword, then shoot an arrow so he has just a tiny bit of health left, then use the Puppet skill to stronger one and immediately throw Northern Wind bomb and the Axii ally kills the frozen guy with a few hits.

Rinse and repeat.

Edited by TuomasH92
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TuomasH92 said:

This is definitely trickier trophy on Ps5, but I found an easy way to earn it and took only about 30 minutes.

The south eastern island on Skellige where two Pirate's spawn infinitely is the best spot; take off most of the health from other Pirate with your fists or sword, then shoot an arrow so he has just a tiny bit of health left, then use the Puppet skill to stronger one and immediately throw Northern Wind bomb and the Axii ally kills the frozen guy with a few hits.

Rinse and repeat.

Thanks, this worked great! Now to unlearn Puppet and never touch it again. It's worthless even for cheesing because ranged attacks on Death March are so ridiculous and the AI spams melee charge attacks...

• Like 1

On 22/12/2022 at 9:23 AM, Taliesin_2943 said:

Kinda think the 1 hit death is a bug because I remember then fighting for Abit till it wears off and I have to reapply it so definitely wasn't just dying in 1 hit. But I guess the bug would be helpful if your fighting strong enemies lol just axi the strong ones let the minions kill him :P

yea true, sorry I should've rephrased it to say that it is bugged but still possible to get the trophy 

Yeah, consensus on other forums, including reddit, seems to be that there's some sort of bug with Puppet. Everyone says they remember it being OP in the original version (me too, I want to say, but it's been a while).

Either way, it definitely makes the trophy frustrating to get. Might wait for a patch instead of trying to weaken enemies. Hopefully one does come, but who knows.

Skellige infamous spot:

I axii-ed guy A.

lowered the health of guy B then axii-ed him.

Control guy A and as he's going to kill guy B, Axii guy B OR wait until he does the first attack then axii B so A can get a second hit.

Hope that wasn't too confusing lol. Did it on death march with griffin set (Increases sign intensity) and griffin school techniques. Basically, anything that makes you cast the axii quickly.

Edited by XXIIlII

1 hour ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Doesn't appear to be bugged. . Felt like 70% of the time as soon as I brainwashed the guy the other one would instantly kill him.

And the fact your puppet gets instant killed is why its bugged, its not supposed to get instant killed, as controlling the enemy doesn't last long.

Its supposed to be lower an enemies health to as low as you can get it, control another enemy and have them kill the low health one. But when a full health controlled enemy gets one shot killed by an enemy with virtually no health is bugged to me. Never used to happen like this on the ps4 version.

I'm having a lot of luck with the bandits that randomly appear in Novigrad. Leave 2 guys and wound 1 of them so they have almost no health. Use puppet on the guy with full health and then run in front of your puppet guy to defend him and hold block or try to parry. This throws him off or stuns him enough so your puppet guy can get the killing blow. I guess running in and defending them might be the trick so they don't insta-die. 

About to make my way to Skellige so I'll use the place there to farm as well. 

Definitely bugged, I tried playing my save on my PC copy with the skillege guys and it works as intended (my pc is 4.02 version, console is currently on 4.00). You can spend hours on it and eventually you'll get lucky.

But personally just wait for the 4.02 patch, it will most likely fix the issue since it's fixed on PC now with the new hotfix.