AXII pupet glitched on the PS5 version ?

ArkoDark

Definitely bugged. I don't remember the Puppet being so weak compared to enemies. I found I had better luck using the skill on Drowners. They didn't seem to die as quick when they're the puppet. Also had better luck with archers or shield dudes in Bandit Camps. Hope this helps people still going for this buggy trophy.

After reading different things on different pages I figured out a fast way to grind out the Puppet kills on the PS5:

Go with a sign build so you can use Axii fast

Use an unarmed heavy punch on 1 guy

Use a fast attack with a sword on same guy you punched 

Guy you punched and slashed should have 1 hit point left

Position yourself in front of attacking guy to draw his attention and then cast Axii on guy in back (If done correctly guy in back should kill the guy in front making making progress on the trophy)

Thank you to everyone who contributed in this forum. It helped so much!!!

For video reference: 

On 30/12/2022 at 4:07 AM, Tripple_Barnett said:

After reading different things on different pages I figured out a fast way to grind out the Puppet kills on the PS5:

Go with a sign build so you can use Axii fast

Use an unarmed heavy punch on 1 guy

Use a fast attack with a sword on same guy you punched 

Guy you punched and slashed should have 1 hit point left

Position yourself in front of attacking guy to draw his attention and then cast Axii on guy in back (If done correctly guy in back should kill the guy in front making making progress on the trophy)

Thank you to everyone who contributed in this forum. It helped so much!!!

For video reference: 

tested and work well , one thing I did differently is using northern wind to freeze them in the right position and then using Axii

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

Great idea. I never thought to use Northern Wind

Yeah making the whole thing way more easy , there 2 things  doing using Northern Wind:

1 - never freeze them too close , the guy with the puppet spell ALWAYS get 1 shot if he not hit first 

2 - Try to cast the Axii spell close to the target, sometimes he cast in the wrong one if you are not close enough

• Like 1

I really hope this does get patched soon. Not just because of the trophy, but because Puppet is genuinely fun to use, and can add that tiny extra layer of strategy when dealing with big groups. I'm already done with Velen and Novigrad, and will be heading to Skellige soon. I don't like the idea of going through most of the game without being able to properly use one of the more fun skills.

keep trying, i also thought it wasn't working but after using axii A LOT i finally got the trophy today (finished the main story stuff in skellige). when i run into a group of enemies I always axii first. seemed to have most luck on the groups of lvl 3 cannibals 

For what it's worth, I actually don't think this is bugged/changed from the PS4 version, so it's unlikely to get patched. The puppets always die super fast, you just have to get a little bit lucky.

- Equip Puppet and potentially unequip Delusion if you have it. Some people report these two skills conflicting, but it worked fine for me.

- Find an area with multiple human enemies, monsters are way too aggressive.

- Ideally, isolate two enemies, and attack one down to very low life.

- Puppet the other one by holding down R2. Enemies with shields or axes are the best targets, because they hit harder and/or live longer.

- Cross your fingers!

It's not a perfect system, but over the span of the game, I got 20 just by keeping an eye out for when an enemy was super close to death and trying it.

The trophy was a bit of a struggle at first, but I found the Wild Dogs and Endregas (Warriors) were easy to use for this. Endregas don't die in one hit (not in my game at least), so I could just nearly kill one and then use Axii on one with full health and hope my Endrega attacks fast enough to get the kill. This was a little bit time consuming since I was only level 7 and Endregas deal a lot of damage and have a lot of health on Death March, so there was lots of evading.
Wild Dogs are annoying to use Axii successfully on because they're so goddamn fast, but a half dead Wild Dog only needs 1-2 hits from a puppet to die. They walk around in huge packs, but if you can get 1-3 Wild Dogs to follow you away from the rest you should try getting the puppet kills. I tried standing in front of my puppet to protect it while waiting for an attack. The good thing with Wild Dogs is the fact that once they attack, they usually attack a second time right after which makes the whole thing way easier than the Endregas, and it doesn't take as much time. Also, there are lots of Wild Dogs around the villages - you can get a lot of kills if you get the hang of it! ?

Edited by PraiseTheFluppi

2 hours ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

For what it's worth, I actually don't think this is bugged/changed from the PS4 version, so it's unlikely to get patched. The puppets always die super fast, you just have to get a little bit lucky.

- Equip Puppet and potentially unequip Delusion if you have it. Some people report these two skills conflicting, but it worked fine for me.

- Find an area with multiple human enemies, monsters are way too aggressive.

- Ideally, isolate two enemies, and attack one down to very low life.

- Puppet the other one by holding down R2. Enemies with shields or axes are the best targets, because they hit harder and/or live longer.

- Cross your fingers!

It's not a perfect system, but over the span of the game, I got 20 just by keeping an eye out for when an enemy was super close to death and trying it.

Its bugged check your ps4 version axii'd enemy never dies in 1 hit. Also for further clarification check the pc version with patch 4.02 as someone mention earlier in this post axii'd enemies do not die in 1 hit as they do now.

I ended up using the Bandit Camp northeast of Alness with it's 3 respawning enemies (not sure if they continue to respawn if you loot the camp). Grind the health down on one of them as far as you can (preferably one using a two-handed weapon, since they swing slower), use Puppet on a different one, then immediately use Axii again on the one with low health to stun him for a moment and hope that your puppet kills him. I got at least one almost every time, sometimes two.

On 13/01/2023 at 4:59 AM, ReverendGodshyne said:

I ended up using the Bandit Camp northeast of Alness with it's 3 respawning enemies (not sure if they continue to respawn if you loot the camp). Grind the health down on one of them as far as you can (preferably one using a two-handed weapon, since they swing slower), use Puppet on a different one, then immediately use Axii again on the one with low health to stun him for a moment and hope that your puppet kills him. I got at least one almost every time, sometimes two.

Just got my trophy here. Already looted the camp but travel to Vizima and back and enemies respawn.

Not only that when you axii an enemy the other one doesn't seem to target him always went for me. Had to use crossbow to knock the health down to their last bit.

Anyways on to the blood and wine dlc now.