Platinum thought

serafh_sf

Seems to me it will be a pretty straightforward platinum, having played the original before. Recruit everyone, get secret items, beat Seraphic Gate bosses etc. There are many, many, many missable trophies but if we follow the main gamefaqs guide it should provide everything needed. 

Also, I do recommend playing the game on Hard mode because in the end, this difficulty provide much better endgame item and made endgame much easier compared to Normal/Easy. In fact don't play Easy difficulty because in the end you will have no access to many good weapon/dungeons. 

• Like 2

Probably the easiest Tri-Ace plat out there.

You have to play on hard (a couple of dungeons in the trophies appear only there).Also, remember to use the experience sphere, as it is very useful to pull character levels apart, allowing use of the items which grant extra HP each level. Using those effectively can grant thousands of extra HP as you level.

Since you don’t need an Angel Slayer, or the voice clips, this should be relatively pleasant, and not terribly long.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

The same list as the mobile version I think, pretty decent but it will take a while, 2 playthroughs since you can't recruit everyone the first time around, happy the game has a platinum...or trophies at all, gonna dust off the old 100% guide I have.

From that list, I think you can recruit all of them in a single play through.

10 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

From that list, I think you can recruit all of them in a single play through.

You are right, you only have to play on hard, that makes things a lot simpler but some requirements are so finicky.

7 minutes ago, serafh_sf said:

Yeah, I believe everyone needed for the trophy can be recruited in a single playthrough on Hard. I remember recruiting them all beck then, but at different chapter depending on difficulty.

Recruiting Brams is all I cared about so that's why I don't remember much else.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 1

At least there is no trophy for collecting all voice clips. The android version had a achievement for that.

but I wish there where trophies for getting all 3 ending.

For this plat you only have to play hard (to unlock all parts of the seraphic gate) and get the A ending.

Edited by Ranari_Kai

No voice collection trophy, which will cut down significant amount of time from platinum (at some point you would need to teach every spellcaster every spell and use them as them at least once, including great magic).

No ending trophies either. Not exactly difficult to do everything in one playthrough with them, but at least you can play through the game as you like and not worry about requirements for ending A.

Hopefully this port will be reasonably priced.

just posted this in the other thread, but now reading here - i see that i should be able to have access to this come 12am.
wondering, Is it going to be a free download for the folk who got the deluxe version of the game, as it was supposed to be bundled, or will it be a separate transaction.

(or is my brain thinking that was a Digital Delux exclusive offer, and am getting it mixed up with the physical)

3 hours ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

just posted this in the other thread, but now reading here - i see that i should be able to have access to this come 12am.
wondering, Is it going to be a free download for the folk who got the deluxe version of the game, as it was supposed to be bundled, or will it be a separate transaction.

(or is my brain thinking that was a Digital Delux exclusive offer, and am getting it mixed up with the physical)

For those who bought the digital deluxe, you can just download it right at 12am. And, there are both ps4 and ps5 version as well.

1 hour ago, jonjon0890 said:

Since this is a PSP port of Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth for PS4 & PS5, does it have the rewind feature & save states like the other PSP games (ie. Toy Story 3, Ridge Racer 2) that came out for PS4/PS5?

Indeed, it has both features. 

7 hours ago, TheSwordUserYT said:

No voice collection trophy, which will cut down significant amount of time from platinum (at some point you would need to teach every spellcaster every spell and use them as them at least once, including great magic).

No ending trophies either. Not exactly difficult to do everything in one playthrough with them, but at least you can play through the game as you like and not worry about requirements for ending A.

Hopefully this port will be reasonably priced.

With regards to endings, it depends on what they mean by “getting a character to help”. Lezard and Brahms only help in the main game if you’re on ending A. But they might allow you to recruit them in the seraphic gate as well.

I think that people should go for ending A, just to be safe.

Very reasonable trophy list. Easily done in one playthrough. The only ending-specific trophies are for Lezard and Brahms, but even those are possibly referring to them joining the party, which could be arranged in Seraphic Gate.

If they wanted to make it complicated they could've added voice clip completion trophies, perfect requirement einherjar submission trophies, trophies for locations and items exclusive to lower difficulties, trophies for different endings, trophies for Caves of Oblivion, etc. There are so many ways to complicate it, but thankfully they chose not to. I'd give it 3/10 difficulty. Gonna go for Ending A on PS5, then Ending B for PS4 if both indeed cover all the trophies.

Definitely easy, you can basically do this on Hard Mode (since there are trophy tied to hard difficulty like tomb of amneti) going for ending A (just to be safe with the character recruitment trophy). Save state should help with platforming and irritating aspect like that save spot to Iseria queen.

5 hours ago, FinalFrank15 said:

A trophy for completing Seraphic Gate on Normal would be a nice challenge.

You have to, at least once, because of the Iseria Queen trophy.

7 hours ago, jonjon0890 said:

Since this is a PSP port of Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth for PS4 & PS5, does it have the rewind feature & save states like the other PSP games (ie. Toy Story 3, Ridge Racer 2) that came out for PS4/PS5?

It has

1 hour ago, SenpaiSlap said:

Can someone recommend any existing text or youtube guide for platinium ? I would be grateful. I used to play this game when I was a kid and I don't remember anything except for the time that passed, it was game over :D

Use the first guide from gamefaqs, it covers all characters recruitable, all item trophies and events. You do need to play on Hard mode though. And follow the guide’s advice on who to send to Valhalla and when to do it, and when to unequip Nibelungeon Ring.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/199175-valkyrie-profile/faqs/12648

• Like 3