Attack on Completion 2023

1 hour ago, Squirlruler said:

Update #11!

Senran Kagura Estival Versus (0% -> 39%):

New vita game! Fun game so far, lots of missions to do. Easier game than what I have been attempting recently so that's been nice. Lots of trophies too so will help get to milestones lol.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake (74% -> 74%):

No trophy update, but on the last chapter in Hard mode. The more I play Hard mode, the more it solidifies how much I dislike the combat in the game. Game, if you want me to block and eat damage, then you need to let me heal without every little pebble thrown my way interrupting me. If you want me to dodge around, then you need to let me actually dodge and miss attacks when I roll. It's super frustrating to be chained down, then they do their little break, I go to heal, then getting interrupted and dying. Just not fun. At least I am almost done though.

No big update this week. Just grinding through FF7R. It's almost over though. Thank the Lord. Hopefully the VR matches aren't too bad... Bleh.

Good luck with the boss rush on Hard in FF7R, I still remember just barely beating Sephiroth's last stage. Pride and Joy though, that final virtual battle sucked. Think I did it 3 attempts; everyone talks about Bahamut being hard but I had more trouble with Levithan TBH. And your right, the hard mode really shows the cons to this style of combat. Give me my turned based FF back Square!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, da-Noob123 said:

Good luck with the boss rush on Hard in FF7R, I still remember just barely beating Sephiroth's last stage. Pride and Joy though, that final virtual battle sucked. Think I did it 3 attempts; everyone talks about Bahamut being hard but I had more trouble with Levithan TBH. And your right, the hard mode really shows the cons to this style of combat. Give me my turned based FF back Square!

And the plat rarity is so high! Can't be that bad right? /s Maybe I will bail out of ch 18 and do the bosses and then go back lol.

And seriously. I am so excited for the FF pixel remasters coming out. Going to start at 1 and plat to at least 9 lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Squirlruler said:

And the plat rarity is so high! Can't be that bad right? /s Maybe I will bail out of ch 18 and do the bosses and then go back lol.

And seriously. I am so excited for the FF pixel remasters coming out. Going to start at 1 and plat to at least 9 lol.

The accessory you get from beating Pride and Joy was quite useful as I recall against Sephiroth. I thought it was worth doing that before beating the game on Hard. Plenty have beat Hard without it though.

We spent all this time maxing materia and getting to level 50 - makes me wonder how they will reset us to 0 in part 2...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

The accessory you get from beating Pride and Joy was quite useful as I recall against Sephiroth. I thought it was worth doing that before beating the game on Hard. Plenty have beat Hard without it though.

We spent all this time maxing materia and getting to level 50 - makes me wonder how they will reset us to 0 in part 2...

Yea, I def didn't have the right materia going into hard, most of the ones you def needed I hadn't leveled at all... lol.

And there will be no need to reset all that stuff. It is just going to be the Gold Saucer ??

Edited by Squirlruler
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

Yea, I def didn't have the right materia going into hard, most of the ones you def needed I hadn't leveled at all... lol.

And there will be no need to reset all that stuff. It is just going to be the Gold Saucer ??

Having your materia maxed or near maxed out does make a massive differance, so much so, that I genuinely found Hard mode easier than Normal.

(You'll likely want to do some grinding for the VR misison stupidty, Pride & Joy is no joke. Luckily you're playing the PS4 version, and don't have the do the nasty super boss the dlc added as well)

• Like 2

Just now, Shadowlord87 said:

Having your materia maxed or near maxed out does make a massive differance, so much so, that I genuinely found Hard mode easier than Normal.

(You'll likely want to do some grinding for the VR misison stupidty, Pride & Joy is no joke. Luckily you're playing the PS4 version, and don't have the do the nasty super boss the dlc added as well)

All Magic materia is maxed, Elemental is 2/3 stars, and HP+/MP+ is almost all at 4/5. They have been raised through out Hard with AP+. That should be good enough. I probably really need to redo a couple chapters to get specific materia (maybe). I also skipped side quests so missing a fair bit of weapon points too. xD And I will be playing the PS5 version next XD.

22 hours ago, stuthesheep said:

Decided to finish off Fallout 4 before moving on to something a bit meatier as I'm just one single trophy short of the 100%. I'd hoped to make a start last night, but had a corrupted update file problem to deal with. I was slightly too drunk to delve into the issue at the time, but we're up and running now. I basically need to grind out 100k arcade tokens for the last trophy, managed to get up to about 20k a few weeks ago before getting pissed off with it and moving onto something else. Back to it now and trying to master the incredibly finicky conveyor belt duplication glitch, mostly to save myself from the horrible arcade music. Hopefully once I nail the timings involved it'll be out of the way reasonably quickly, then it'll be onto Horizon Zero Dawn and Ultra Hard mode over the next week.

HZD in Ultra Hard mode isn't too difficult to do.  If you've made it to Lvl 60 and have the best armour, it's just a jaunt through the main missions to get that finish.

Remember, Rocket League will boost your completion a lot, shoot me a message if you want help with it.

• Like 1

*deep sigh of contentment* I reached 95% overall completion by finishing off what I am willing to do for Little Big Planet. Currently, there are 3 trophies left in the base game that are attainable still, there are several obtainable trophies in the DLCs too but I don't have access to those. Might clean those up at some point... maybe. 

Think I will do Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy next, it's been on the back burner for too long and it is about time I get to play another PS5 game.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

*deep sigh of contentment* I reached 95% overall completion by finishing off what I am willing to do for Little Big Planet. Currently, there are 3 trophies left in the base game that are attainable still, there are several obtainable trophies in the DLCs too but I don't have access to those. Might clean those up at some point... maybe. 

You know,  I hear Final Fantasy XIII is good this time of year...

57 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

You know,  I hear Final Fantasy XIII is good this time of year...

Hahaha, I know, I know, clean the backlog. I just want to play something new right now. 

Here's my hit list on my started backlog for the rest of year:

Disney Infinity 2.0 (Platinum is unobtainable)

Final Fantasy XIII

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories 

Prey Mooncrash

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel

So rest assured, FFXIII will be on the chopping block at some point. Just trying to mix in old with new so I don't burn out.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

All Magic materia is maxed, Elemental is 2/3 stars, and HP+/MP+ is almost all at 4/5. They have been raised through out Hard with AP+. That should be good enough. I probably really need to redo a couple chapters to get specific materia (maybe). I also skipped side quests so missing a fair bit of weapon points too. xD And I will be playing the PS5 version next XD.

Personally I thought VR battles way harder than hard mode, Weiss is a pain ? Pride and Joy is ok actually, the problem is getting to him lol

secret for healing is never do the healing yourself, have others heal you, the game focus only on controlled character

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pauloxzak said:

Personally I thought VR battles way harder than hard mode, Weiss is a pain 1f605.png Pride and Joy is ok actually, the problem is getting to him lol

secret for healing is never do the healing yourself, have others heal you, the game focus only on controlled character

I would have attempted the Pride and Joy set last night, but noooo apparently you have to clear every single challenge before you can. Ugh. How fucking frustrating lol.

Yea, I control Cloud usually and have Aerith heal.

• Like 1