Attack on Completion 2023

58 minutes ago, DJ__Beatroot said:

Start PC: 57.37%

Current PC: 63.81%

Goal: 64.00%

Might be time to be thinking of raising that goal!

Great work nearly reaching your completion percentage goal already!

I took a peek at your list and it looks like 4 games take the lion's share of your unearned trophies: TESO PS4 and PS5 (I feel your pain there), GTA5, and Zen Pinball. To make significant strides in increasing your completion percentage, a lot of work will be needed in these games. For ESO you can at least autopop trophies between versions, essentially doubling any progress made in them trophywise. 

Completing Senua would give a nice little boost but not too much.

Edited by da-Noob123

9 hours ago, Llobster12 said:

Well, I've missed a few weeks as life has been busy, (2 back surgeries in 2 weeks will do that - one two weeks ago, one this morning) but I have gotten some gaming in! My plan to mainly play VR went out the window due to said surgeries so I haven't dug myself out of the hole yet that I put myself in when PSVR2 released. On to the games!

Games I've been playing:

S6ef7cb.png The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS5) 1% --> 42%

I've spent the bulk of my time here. I now understand why this game has been so prevalent for so long. I love it and I've been obsessed. I decided to play a magic user build from the get-go. I'd envisioned blasting enemies into oblivion with fireballs and balls of lightning. Instead, what's evolved is I summon an elemental and a demon lord and let them fight while I backstab people while they're distracted. I'm having quite a bit a fun, but also wanting to try out a normal fighter build so I can use all the cool weapons I keep selling since I don't need them. I've advanced the main story about halfway through according to the story trophies, but I don't know if that translates to the actual game. I have completed the civil war story line, as well as the companions and the college of winterhold. Still have a ways to go I believe, but haven't gotten tired of it yet!

Wishing you a quick recovery!

Glad to see your enjoying Skyrim it really is a great game! Personally, I have 100% it on the PS3 and PS4 and plan to do the PS5 stack at some point as well. If I had the money, I'd probably go for the VR stack too. I just wish that mods could be used more freely in regards to earning trophies just to help keep things fresh. I do recommend you follow a guide for the daedric artifacts though, it's very easy to miss some and lock yourself out of the trophy for a playthrough. And while you're out there exploring, be sure you don't take an arrow to the knee.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

Wishing you a quick recovery!

Glad to see your enjoying Skyrim it really is a great game! Personally, I have 100% it on the PS3 and PS4 and plan to do the PS5 stack at some point as well. If I had the money, I'd probably go for the VR stack too. I just wish that mods could be used more freely in regards to earning trophies just to help keep things fresh. I do recommend you follow a guide for the daedric artifacts though, it's very easy to miss some and lock yourself out of the trophy for a playthrough. And while you're out there exploring, be sure you don't take an arrow to the knee.

I appreciate the well wishes, I have high hopes that in a few weeks time I'll be back to normal!

Hah, I can see why you'd play Skyrim several times! I'm already mentally planning another playthrough at some point in the future trying out different play styles - there's so many I want to try! What have you played as? Also, I'd like to see what it's like to be an Imperial dog. (I was a true son of Skyrim and jointed the Stormcloaks =) 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Llobster12 said:

I appreciate the well wishes, I have high hopes that in a few weeks time I'll be back to normal!

Hah, I can see why you'd play Skyrim several times! I'm already mentally planning another playthrough at some point in the future trying out different play styles - there's so many I want to try! What have you played as? Also, I'd like to see what it's like to be an Imperial dog. (I was a true son of Skyrim and jointed the Stormcloaks =) 

I usually start sword and shield then morph into a battlemage - fireball in one hand sword, in the other. I've also done stealth archer ?/ dagger which can be super overpowered, two-handed warhammer which can be fun with enough stamina. Once you are high enough level and have the right enchantments you can do any build you want. I once enchanted armor for basically instantaneous mana regen, I was flinging fireballs left and right. I usually play human races and have played both sides of the civil war. There's just so much you can do, damn I really want to play it right now. ?

• Like 1

On 3/23/2023 at 1:07 PM, DJ__Beatroot said:

Start PC: 57.37%

Current PC: 63.81%

Goal: 64.00%

Might be time to be thinking of raising that goal!

Hey DJ - big congrats on getting close to your goal and winning our mini-event! :yay:

BTW, is your dad posting in the thread offering advice again? xD

• Like 4

3 hours ago, stuthesheep said:

Edit 2 - might have to deal with a potential unexpected issue completion-wise as my idiot son - who has just inherited my PS4 this weekend - clearly hasn't mastered how to create his own profile, which has meant I now have a newly started CoD game on mine. Hopefully he finishes it off on my profile as it's not a rabbit hole I particularly want to go down.

If I wanted to replace my PS4 and give my old one to my nieces, I'd make them their own profiles and delete all of mine. CoD is not something I would want to see on my profile. :(

• Like 1

On 3/23/2023 at 2:06 PM, da-Noob123 said:

TESO PS4 and PS5 (I feel your pain there), GTA5, and Zen Pinball. To make significant strides in increasing your completion percentage, a lot of work will be needed in these games.

Mighty nice of you to offer to send @DJ__Beatroot a $100 PSN gift card to buy the rest of the tables in Zen Pinball.  As a matter of fact, I could use one for this game, too.

Edited by BlackSquirrell1
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Static_Rook said:

We're 3 months in to the year and I haven't even hit a full 1% increase. So I've got to step up my backlog clearing game. Once I finish Scarlet Nexus I'm going to start digging into the many 5% and lower games on my trophy list. Working on those and the Diablos, plus throwing in an easy PS Plus plat here and there, should get me back on track before the halfway point. Here's hoping.

We’re 3 months into the year and I keep going backwards. Good luck to both of us!

• Like 2