Attack on Completion 2023

34 minutes ago, maxfighter27 said:

why is playing 1 game at a time better then playing multiple games ?

Only speaking from personal experience, but from a trophy perspective it's easy to leave a game you're maybe getting a little tired of to play something new and shiny and leave it forgotten for years. I did it myself a few times for some of the more challenging games I took on over the last year and thought "Well, I'll finish it later" and just never got back to it. MTV generation and all that. Sticking to one game at a time means you're concentrating all your efforts on completing that before moving on.

There's no right or wrong way though, it's whatever works best for you. Any progress is good progress.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, maxfighter27 said:

why is playing 1 game at a time better then playing multiple games ?

Some games require skill and muscle memory amongst other things to get all trophies. The greatest personal example I can provide is Batman Arkham City and Knight. I played that trilogy of games back to back and was at my peak performance by the time I stopped playing and moved. Now, if I ever do try to go back I need to relearn everything - combat flow, timing, which buttons to press for which gadgets, etc.

On the flip side, I might have gone crazy by the end of it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

Some games require skill and muscle memory amongst other things to get all trophies. The greatest personal example I can provide is Batman Arkham City and Knight. I played that trilogy of games back to back and was at my peak performance by the time I stopped playing and moved. Now, if I ever do try to go back I need to relearn everything - combat flow, timing, which buttons to press for which gadgets, etc.

On the flip side, I might have gone crazy by the end of it.

alright i noticed when i was playing crash bandicoot 4 its about time it is a hard game and so many other games are hard like souls games i died to many times and i played nioh but it was to hard for me i think i play 1 game at a time i play normal easy and hard games i changed from ezpz to normal easy and hard games 

29 minutes ago, stuthesheep said:

Only speaking from personal experience, but from a trophy perspective it's easy to leave a game you're maybe getting a little tired of to play something new and shiny and leave it forgotten for years. I did it myself a few times for some of the more challenging games I took on over the last year and thought "Well, I'll finish it later" and just never got back to it. MTV generation and all that. Sticking to one game at a time means you're concentrating all your efforts on completing that before moving on.

There's no right or wrong way though, it's whatever works best for you. Any progress is good progress.

Alright thanks i try that 1 game at a time like i did with persona 5 royal and diablo reaper of souls i got a burn out by playing so many games over 2 years and i played 1 game at a time it felt much better 

This event is a whole year for to finish games i have ps4 and ps3 but u i want to have alot of ps4 games done i already did 5 disc games and i want to have it down to 50 disc games my games i did was persona 5 royal persona 5 strikers dbz kakarot marvel spiderman only base game not dlc miles morales spiderman and diablo reaper of souls+dlc my plans for 2023 finish devil may cry 5 getting the dlc done from marvel spiderman and getting done over 20 disc games and if it work also some digital games aswell  

I have goals for the new year, so I shall be back again for another year where I attempt to improve to nearly 5% above where I am now.

Current stats:

70.40% completion.

480 completed games.

8421 trophies unearned.

Hoping to increase my completion to 75% and lower my unearned trophies to under 8000.

• Like 3

i going to complete final fantasy type0hd first and next devil may cry 5 i do only 1 game at a time now for trophies i think i can platinum final fantasy type 0 hd its a easy game with easy trophie list and the other games i going to finish aswell not only 1 game more games i going to finish 

Edited by maxfighter27

Ok so here are my starting stats.

Starting pcg: 63.22%

Starting plats: 111

Starting completed games: 147

Started remaining games: 125

Unearned trophies: 3705

Unplayed backlog: about 350ish.

Starting list

Halloween forever: Highest percent at 96% complete. I got the game now for ps4. It is a cross list but not a cross buy or cross play. So step one is to refind all of the secret characters. You can only get one per run. I have two so far. Then figure out which one to do the 1 hp run and practice. 

Rustler: My new started game. A pretty good gta clone.

Life is Strange, only did chapter one.

Shape of the World, two more playthroughs needed, a 4 hour with collectable cleanup and a speed run.

The Little Acre, speed run. The least rarest game on my profile.

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 1

these are now my stats 17.72 i play final fantasy type 0hd 16% with the game its just the story that i need to finish then the platinum trophie is going to unlock when the rest of the trophies is unlocked of course then my next game wil be detroit become human4% it stands in my backlog for almost 3 years i hope i reach by then percentage 18.00 when i finished those two games 

Sign me up for a new year please. My percentage right now is 65.80%, unfortunately I didn’t hit my 70% target of 2022, but I will hopefully hit my new target of 76%

The first games I’m going to try finishing are the ones without platinums, I’m also going to be working on clearing some DLC. 

On 30/12/2022 at 8:26 AM, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

Got also The Division unfinished. Maybe we can help each other out here.

That could also be a possibility. On the other hand I am now more or less forced to give the Vita some proper time too...

Oh pal, after our back and forth this year with hints and tips, I'd be well happy to catch up with you and tackle The Division. Let's get chatting about that in the new year.

• Like 1

I'm in, currently 82.25% aiming for 90%

Starting stats:

Total Games- 4,177

Completed-   2,363

Incomplete-      736

Unstarted-     1,078

PSN lvl- 1348 (3%)

Points- 3,244,335

Trophies- 61,154

Platinum-  2,310

Gold-       19,452

Silver-      13,535

Bronze-   25,767

Unearned- 19,478 (profile); 53,252 (trophy advisor)

Edited by damage_6-9
  • Like 2

Tbh i am undecided if I should join or not. Got some PS3 games done this year because of this event, where i needed more then 10 years to get the platinum.. played some EZPZ when I was away from home (Thank you, Remote Play) or was sitting in the garden during the summer (It is relaxing, reading a book or playing something on a handheld, while being out in the sun in your garden). Also I auto-poped some platinums and, as should be known, I am not posting very much in event topics since I do not know to make an interesting event post or I do not know what is of interest for others.

If I join in 2023, I do my best to make at least 1 update a month.

/edit I slept about it and like to join. Maybe I am able to improve with posting things.:D
@kingofbattle8174 As organizer of this event, are you okay with me joining this years instance of the event?
If not, no offense. 

Anyway: Happy New Year to everyone!

Edited by Geridian
/edit - Would like to participate
  • Like 2

I'm hoping that I'll be able to make more of a dent in my backlog this year! 

Current stats:

67.78% backlog completion.

144 completed games.

Hoping to increase my backlog completion to 75%.

Calculating backlog using a google sheet with %age the same weight that PSNP uses. I know I've got to track this on my own, but I'll try to do a monthly update this year!

image.png

• Like 2

Good luck to all joining! I participated in 2021, and while it was challenging and draining, I loved it. 2022 I stepped back to play some other things not trophy related, with the intention of joining up again for 2023. However, life has gotten in the way and I am playing far less - not to mention I doubt I'll be able to attack my backlog until the second half of the year!!

Maybe 2024, but we shall see. Good luck trophy hunters!

• Like 3