Attack on Completion 2023

9 hours ago, Llobster12 said:

Goal 5: Complete the following Ultra Rare Plats that scare me from my backlog:

(I know this is basically the same as Goal 4, but these games make me nervous while the other ones don't)

S236ad3.png Titan Souls (PS4) - last trophy: Feb 2017

Sf25c77.png Tooth and Tail (PS4) - last trophy: Dec 2017

Last year I just chose one game from my uncompleted backlog that scared me (Urban Trial Freestyle). This year I'm going to try and step up my game and finish 2 games off my profile that scare me!

I was in the same Situation as you regarding Titan Souls. Had a 3 year gap. But i can ensure you, its really not that hard! No get gud bullshit! Once you are in the Flow its fairly okayish. I did it with uploading the save file after every boss. Its possible and on the bright side you just have to hit once :') You finished Resogun so titan souls will be a walk in a beautiful pixelpark!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Spider_Fletch said:

It depends on the person(and sometimes the game). I usually focus on one game then move on, but I’ve got a friend that will play a few simultaneously so he doesn’t lose motivation.

Playing 1 game at a time allows you to focus on it and get really good with the mechanics, but can become very monotonous, especially for longer games.

Ultimately you’re playing/platinuming games for fun(hopefully), so you do you and find the way you enjoy playing.

okay thanks i have fun with games 

First of all, Happy new year everybody!

Starting stats:

Games played: 130

Platinum: 110

Completed (100%): 82

Total Trophies: 5.348

Completion rate: 87,36%

Unearned trophies: 773

Goals:

Completion rate > 92,5%

Upcoming week(s)

- 100% AC Origins (PS4)

- 100% Biomutant (PS5)

- 100% CoD Vanguard (PS5)

Edited by Baco_Lesss
  • Like 2

Thanks for adding @kingofbattle8174 and @Squirlruler!
And I wish everyone a good trophy hunt in 2023.

These where the stats from 01 January 23 after I finished the TMNT game two times.

@Geridian
Original Starting PCG: 96.84%
Goal:  98.42%
Total Points:  340800
Total Started Games: 292
Total Completed Games:  273
Total Platinums:  224

Lucky, that I made screenshots of my original 01 January 23 starting stats before I played these two games.

Original Starting PCG: 96.81%
Goal:  98.42%
Total Points:  338220
Total Started Games: 290
Total Completed Games:  271
Total Platinums:  222
Unearned trophies: 359
Average rarity: 46.58%

The goal recommendation of 98,42% is nice and fine.

• Maybe finishing GoWR and Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection will help me with gaining a percentage increase.
  • Also from the 12 games on my profile, there are six games in the category "Completion: Not 100% or Platinum" where I can still gain a UR Plat. Really, should aim for getting these plats.

But the real enemy would be clearing the disc games backlog:

Spoiler

Phy-Backlock-1.png
Phy-Backlock-2.png

Phy-Backlock-3.png

Many of them are too good to be hoarded away.
And I do not like thinking of the download games backlog. 

Yes, I totally hoarded too many unplayed games.
Anybody here in the same boat with the unplayed games backlog? 

Edited by Geridian
Wording.
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Geridian said:

These where the stats from 01 January 23 after I finished the TMNT game two times.

Lucky, that I made screenshots of my original 01 January 23 starting stats before I played these two games.

• Maybe finishing GoWR and Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection will help me with gaining a percentage increase.
  • Also from the 12 games on my profile, there are six games in the category "Completion: Not 100% or Platinum" where I can still gain a UR Plat. Really, should aim for getting these plats.

Reveal hidden contents

Phy-Backlock-1.png
Phy-Backlock-2.png

Phy-Backlock-3.png

I have a script that just pulls current stats. Since you have your stats you wanted, I went and changed my database to reflect that. Once I add the new people from the last couple days and update the post it will reflect that. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

I have a script that just pulls current stats. Since you have your stats you wanted, I went and changed my database to reflect that. Once I add the new people from the last couple days and update the post it will reflect that. 

Thank you very much. :)

And a question: Did you finish Dante's Inferno on PS3? I remember, you mentioned that you needed to complete it and where missing the DLC.
If this is still the case, is this one of your goals for this year? :)

35 minutes ago, Hurricane_Tanya said:

I have over 300 digital games I haven’t even downloaded or started…I don’t even want to think about my physical games. Although I should try to get to them this year

15 minutes ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

Oh God , don't mention the backlog of unplayed games! I have a large list. Will try to tackle a couple during this year.

But my physical Vita collection alone contains of 150+ backlog games...

Oh well.1f604.png

And here I am, thinking that the pictures would make me a curiosity here ?

But, as we all know, the backlog is a constantly growing thing. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geridian said:

Hide contents

Phy-Backlock-1.png
Phy-Backlock-2.png

Phy-Backlock-3.png

I am in those very same trenches with you. I probably have around 30 or so physical games I have yet to touch and mostly likely triple that in digital games. Rather daunting to be honest. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Geridian said:

And a question: Did you finish Dante's Inferno on PS3? I remember, you mentioned that you needed to complete it and where missing the DLC.

And here I am, thinking that the pictures would make me a curiosity here 1f600.png

But, as we all know, the backlog is a constantly growing thing. 1f602.png

that is true with my 298 games in total i have shot my self in the foot with that amount of games i got i should have stayed with 1 genre though because my favorite genre is roleplaying games the other ones i got from different genres those are good but to much online trophies for to play like the last of us remastered anthem predator hunting grounds and so on i am not a fan of online trophies exactly

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

I am in those very same trenches with you. I probably have around 30 or so physical games I have yet to touch and mostly likely triple that in digital games. Rather daunting to be honest. 

Maybe we should all just stop buying new games? ? Or we should treat this event as a "Play your backlog for 3/4 of the year"? ? . Best of luck with your backlog. ?

26 minutes ago, maxfighter27 said:

that is true with my 298 games in total i have shot my self in the foot with that amount of games i got i should have stayed with 1 genre though because my favorite genre is roleplaying games the other ones i got from different genres those are good but to much online trophies for to play like the last of us remastered anthem predator hunting grounds and so on i am not a fan of online trophies exactly

We both have some things in common:

1) My favorite genre is also RPGs, but whenever I think "Start a new RPG", I play something else.
Would really like to start Trails of Cold Steel series, or play all Sword Art Online games, or all FF games I bought, or finally start Persona 5 Royal, or the Witcher 3, or "insert random name of an RPG in my backlog here", but .. back to other games is it then.
2) Also some games I like to start and finish this year got online trophies (like the three games from the Tomb Raider series, or things like Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown from my download backlog) and I am really not looking forward to the MP stuff. And then, there is Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide still sitting in my profile, where playing MP is recommended.
Maybe we both find some enjoyment in the MP stuff. Just let us hope, that it will be funny. ?

@all: Thank you for your kind words regarding the backlog and good luck this year.

Edited by Geridian
Closing sentence
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Geridian said:

Maybe we should all just stop buying new games? 1f602.png Or we should treat this event as a "Play your backlog for 3/4 of the year"? 1f600.png . Best of luck with your backlog. 1f44d.png

We both have some things in common:

1) My favorite genre is also RPGs, but whenever I think "Start a new RPG", I play something else.
Would really like to start Trails of Cold Steel series, or play all Sword Art Online games, or all FF games I bought, or finally start Persona 5 Royal, or the Witcher 3, or "insert random name of an RPG in my backlog here", but .. back to other games is it then.
2) Also some games I like to start and finish this year got online trophies (like the three games from the Tomb Raider series, or things like Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown from my download backlog) and I am really not looking forward to the MP stuff. And then, there is Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide still sitting in my profile, where playing MP is recommended.
Maybe we both find some enjoyment in the MP stuff. Just let us hope, that it will be funny. 1f44d.png

@all: Thank you for your kind words regarding the backlog and good luck this year.

i hope so to i did black ops3 multiplayer years ago then i played multiplayer alot but now only ofline games i dont know why i changed to ofline games since i did multiplayer i going to trophie hunting this year a whole year to see how many trophies and platinum trophies i can unlock but i continue with trophie hunting next year but i dont know yet if i going to join next year any of those events on psnprofiles probably not but that is something i wil know around next year 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Geridian said:

And here I am, thinking that the pictures would make me a curiosity here 1f600.png

But, as we all know, the backlog is a constantly growing thing. 1f602.png

I am missing it, but I don't own it. I think EU somewhere has it for sale so I gotta see if it is still obtainable. I'm thinking it isn't, but would love to 100% that lol.

• Like 1

when i bought games i did not know if i was doing the right thing for finishing them but if that increases the trophie lvl and with reward of platinum avatars from certain games like persona 5 royal final fantasy7 remake etc then i thought its worth it so that is how i start with trophie hunting for fun also so thats my reason for to do trophie hunting i dont want to let my games unfinished 

• Like 1

My unplayed physical collection is only about 10 strong I think (but with another ten unfinished). Digital unplayed is probably 100/150+. I'm 36 and a lifelong gamer but I only got my PS3 two or three years before Ps4 came out and got my Ps4 about 3 years into the cycle so fairly "late to the party" in that respect. So many games I'm not playing on other formats because I want to get the Platinum trophies though. Deaths Door, Hades, Cult of the Lamb as good recent examples. 

• Like 2

I wanted to make sure I didn't start too late and end up attacking my completion by mistake as I just got a few platinum trophies. Anyways, my current PCG is 93.85% and I am playing LEGO Star Wars (The Skywalker Saga) right now so it might go up.

I'm definitely going for "Complete a game for another community event" this month as the game I just mentioned is also part of two community events(drbloodmoney's Kaledioscope event and the Winter Backlog Challenge). ;)

For February, I think I will accomplish " Complete the game with the highest completion percentage on your profile" with Disgaea 5, which is sitting at 62%(due to me getting so much of it done during the Kill Your Completion 2022 event).

• Like 2

Well i have no Goals this Year , but it can help if i have a little motivation, so sign me Up.

In therms of Backlog i have a whole Website just for that to keep track what i have buyed.

I will play some Vita Games i have over 100 of them to complete left. Look here: *Vita Backlog Click here*

and thats only the Vita Games :D As Soon as im back on Playstation i will start some of them. I Think Criminal Girls and some Visual Novels would be a good Start.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ElrayMickaelius said:

I was in the same Situation as you regarding Titan Souls. Had a 3 year gap. But i can ensure you, its really not that hard! No get gud bullshit! Once you are in the Flow its fairly okayish. I did it with uploading the save file after every boss. Its possible and on the bright side you just have to hit once :') You finished Resogun so titan souls will be a walk in a beautiful pixelpark!

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I'll look forward to it with much less trepidation now! =)

• Like 1

I would love to join up again this year if it's not too late! Unfortunately fell slightly short of my goal last year due to some life happenings but I'm back and feeling committed. ? I will go off my completion percentage right now which is 60.56% and will aim for 65.56%. Good luck everyone!

• Like 1