Story question and how is AC played online?

I haven't really played much of Assassin's Creed outside of an hour or two of the very first one back when I had a PC capable of gaming (in some capacity). Honestly, I really enjoyed it... so I can only imagine how much more enjoyable I'd find AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations. The only problem is that I'm not particularly interested in spending what I would need to (in both time and money) to catch up with what is quickly becoming a yearly series.

If I got Revelations and just played, would I find myself horribly out of the loop story-wise? Reading the latest GameInformer, it seems there's a bit more to the story than just assassinating people. Still though, would the game be enjoyable? Maybe there's a site somewhere summarizing the story enough that nothing is ruined, but I can get all caught up?

Finally... how is the online in this played? I can't find much Revelations multiplayer gameplay footage that isn't from the beta, but the beta stuff seems interesting. Is it mainly just people trying to disguise themselves in groups of NPC's and assassinating eachother?

I really recommend you play them all they are incredibly fantastic, atleast skip AC1 and start from AC2 you wont regret it.

If you dont want that, try this site you will find everything you need to know about the story in detail:

http://assassinscree...%27s_Creed_Wiki

If you dont want to read you can search about the story as cutscenes in youtube, it will be like watching a movie much more enjoyable that way :)

I personly enjoyed the MP in brotherhood, I havent started the MP in revelation yet but I bet its the same or more improved. Manhood is my favorit mode.

But just let me tell you that the story is something evolutionary where you have conspiracy, fiction and real history mixed in a CRAZY way its a pure master piece I never seen before in my gaming time. So dont waste this chance by only reading the story play the games instead the gameplay is awesome aswell.

You can bet Iam gonna play them again one day maybe very soon when I plat AC:Revelation if I have time dont seems like that so far :(