If you want 100% on DbD read this first

I advise any trophy hunter that remotely cares about their completion rate or even just wants the plat that is thinking about starting DbD to do yourself a favor and don’t. I started it because some people said they were one of the best at fixing trophies but this couldn’t be further from the truth… Some of the oldest bugged trophies are almost 4 months now and with every update they seem to find a way to break a new trophy. Despite massive threads on their bug forums they don’t seem to prioritize fixing trophies at all, instead they give priority to minor visual bugs that don’t affect gameplay at all.

So just letting you all know how they deal with bugged trophies and please consider this before starting this game. 

It’s sad because I think overall it’s a good game and I had fun going for the trophies.

• Like 1

I found that the game was very fun for like the first 300 hours... then it got extremely stale, but some people seem to enjoy it so they keep adding content to it, as if the gameplay will be vastly different.

Just thinking of this game gives me a bitter taste in my mouth and I do want to finish the 2nd PS4 list, but I'll have to push myself somewhat to start playing this again.

I'd strongly suggest trying it on a separate account, as there is fun to be had here, just not enough fun to last you until you get a 100%.

11 hours ago, Geoffx37 said:

Amazing that we live in a time when someone can play a game for 300 hours of their life instead of 10 or 12 before it becomes stale and that's still not good enough.

I mean this was always the case. There were MMORPGS that had great progression, but shit end game, this is not a new concept.

Whether you get dissatisfied with a game after 10 or 300 hours is irrelevant to me. If the latter parts of a game are bad, they are bad. It would be one thing if I was done with a game after 300 hours and then disliked it, but I am not done with DBD. Both trophy and game-wise, there are still things that I'd like to do, but I doubt the enjoyment I'll get from doing them will overcome the repetitivness of the game or the absolute shitshow that is this game community. 

Hours played are just numbers, there are games that are still fun after a 1000 hours, some get old after 2. This one got old after 300 and since it takes most people longer to get a 100% and we are on a trophy site, I think that information is usefull.

• Like 2

On 12/22/2022 at 2:17 PM, CDNF_Rogers said:

going back to clean my trophy log and i have one trophy from 2018, smh. is there an easy ways to boost for the platinium/100%? 

I’m wondering the same thing. I want to also attempt to not pop a single trophy in the second half so I can just do the first half and not worry about new dlcs 

Well, I already bought almost all DLCs with real money before I even started playing, so at this point, I have to start playing at some point or I wasted 100$ for nothing. In the hindsight, I'm fucking idiot, but luckily this isn't the first MP game I try to get 100%. Previous games include example, Far Cry 2, Uncharted 2, SW battlefront 1, Destiny 2, red faction guerilla, and Starhawk. And I gonna shoot my foot again once I have done Dead by daylight and move to Friday the 13th.

On 29/12/2022 at 3:39 AM, riolaaaey said:

I’m wondering the same thing. I want to also attempt to not pop a single trophy in the second half so I can just do the first half and not worry about new dlcs 

This is a very weird and impractical goal, to be honest. A lot of trophies you get by natural progression and are tied to actions you perform in every match, so you'd really have to go out of your way to try not to do them...

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2022 at 9:22 PM, Geoffx37 said:

Amazing that we live in a time when someone can play a game for 300 hours of their life instead of 10 or 12 before it becomes stale and that's still not good enough.

And then you have the people who buy every single game and always get "bored" after 1 or 2 hours...

• Like 2

The one reason for avoiding to 100% this game I'd like to mention is that they add trophies every DLC and they're not retroactive. That's mostly relevant for the survivor trophies. Even after personally having the 100% for both lists on PS4 at some point, they kept adding DLC trophies that required you to do stuff that you already have completed before. Having over 1000 hours into the game (and being pretty much done with it because even though I still love it, it triggers me too much now), it's annoying that they add trophies that require you to do XX of something that rarely happens normally, but that you actually have already done more times than is required for the trophy if you played the game a lot, you have to do it all over again. So my advice if you plan on 100% this game is to wait to play it because that will cut down on your total time played in the end.

In most cases, you have to really like the game in the first place to get 100% for it, but it's highly likely that you might not even be playing the game anymore by the time they add the last DLC trophies and then it might be annoying to have to do things you'd already done before.

Edited by Windex-Qc-
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Windex-Qc- said:

The one reason for avoiding to 100% this game I'd like to mention is that they add trophies every DLC and they're not retroactive. That's mostly relevant for the survivor trophies. Even after personally having the 100% for both lists on PS4 at some point, they kept adding DLC trophies that required you to do stuff that you already have completed before. Having over 1000 hours into the game (and being pretty much done with it because even though I still love it, it triggers me too much now), it's annoying that they add trophies that require you to do XX of something that rarely happens normally, but that you actually have already done more times than is required for the trophy if you played the game a lot, you have to do it all over again. So my advice if you plan on 100% this game is to wait to play it because that will cut down on your total time played in the end.

In most cases, you have to really like the game in the first place to get 100% for it, but it's highly likely that you might not even be playing the game anymore by the time they add the last DLC trophies and then it might be annoying to have to do things you'd already done before.

This is very true, not to mention if you have both PS4 and PS5 versions you will have to do DLC twice since no autopop. I wonder if they are gonna stop making trophies eventually, I think we have enough xD. I dont think this game will die anytime soon so there goes the possibility of not having more trophies, unless they actually stop adding them.

Edited by DeidaraSasori

• 3 months later...

If it helps people out, you only need to complete the original list of trophy’s to get the sought after Plat. While going for that list, you will easily complete many trophies on different chapters/DLC trophy lists. Just not the survivor/killer specific ones.

I managed to get it all done in about 7-8 months of only playing 2 nights a week (in 3-4 hour sessions). The lobbies are cross play with other systems so match wait times are only 1-2 mins (compared to the original days where you could wait 20mins for a match).

It’s doable without boosting as I only had 1 mate that played it, leaving my fate in the hands of randoms online, So if you get a team of 4 together, all the survivor related trophies should be easy. 

If your wanting to farm bloodpoints for upgrading characters then play as killer, as they earn a lot more bloodpoints then survivors (during bloodhunt weekends, you can earn around 200,000 bloodpoints per match). 

they’ve also changed back the requirements to get each killers trophy, so it’s much easier then it has been. 

all in all someone with more time on their hands could get the plat for this game in about 2 months. 

I hope this helps peoples decision to play this game a little bit easier…

• Like 2

On 08/05/2023 at 9:05 AM, Batman_Karnage said:

If it helps people out, you only need to complete the original list of trophy’s to get the sought after Plat. While going for that list, you will easily complete many trophies on different chapters/DLC trophy lists. Just not the survivor/killer specific ones.

I managed to get it all done in about 7-8 months of only playing 2 nights a week (in 3-4 hour sessions). The lobbies are cross play with other systems so match wait times are only 1-2 mins (compared to the original days where you could wait 20mins for a match).

It’s doable without boosting as I only had 1 mate that played it, leaving my fate in the hands of randoms online, So if you get a team of 4 together, all the survivor related trophies should be easy. 

If your wanting to farm bloodpoints for upgrading characters then play as killer, as they earn a lot more bloodpoints then survivors (during bloodhunt weekends, you can earn around 200,000 bloodpoints per match). 

they’ve also changed back the requirements to get each killers trophy, so it’s much easier then it has been. 

all in all someone with more time on their hands could get the plat for this game in about 2 months. 

I hope this helps peoples decision to play this game a little bit easier…

Any tips for Hemophobia? I got playing naturally on ps4 but I'm struggling on ps5