FE Frog Trophy

LegendExeter

I've been stumped on this trophy for a long time now.  Nearly 4 months.

I have made it to stage 10 twice, 9 about a dozen times.  I've died on every stage except 5 and 8 at least once.

I've tried the freeze the screen trick by pressing the Playstation Button, yet it only helps so much, and mainly only on Stage 9.

I've scoured online for additional knowledge or hints, and have found none to be actually helpful.

Throwing this out there to see for anyone who has actually accomplished this, if not to share any final tips or words of wisdom, please share your experience with getting this trophy?

This is probably not the hardest trophy I've ever had to get, yet it is a complete nuisance.  So many things are against you that literally it seems like Luck plays a huge part in achieving this.  I mean yes you need some skill, you also need to commit less than 4 errors per round or your usually done for.  It would be one thing for the path that the balls go on to be winding or curve like, it's another for them to be on such tight turns that it is harder than hell in a fast paced game to actually get your ball in the right spot when firing.  This game must truly have been easier on PC, with the mouse being able to increase the accuracy of your shots.  It also would have been nice if you could actually practice the levels of Iron Frog without having to go through 8 or 9 rounds to lose each time.  It's just such a hassle, the chains are near luck dependent, the power ups are either never where you need them to be, or are plentiful when you are doing good and don't need them, yet are not when you are having a tough run.

I hate how the gaps close, and how sometimes they don't.  I know how to bring the line back yet it would have been easier if they automatically closed the gaps all the time.  That is just so damn stupid how they created this and some of the gameplay for this.  Should never have power ups disappear if you don't get to them in a certain time limit, the power ups could actually give you a chance rather than completely screwing you over by them disappearing right as you finally can fire at them.

Gonna start keeping track of all my losses

Lost Stage 9

Lost Stage 2

Lost Stage 9

Lost Stage 6

Lost Stage 2

Lost Stage 6

Lost Stage 6

Lost Stage 6

Lost Stage 6

Lost Stage 6

Lost Stage 1

Lost Stage 1

Lost Stage 1

Lost Stage 4

Lost Stage 1

Lost Stage 6

Lost Stage 6

Lost Stage 6

Lost Stage 6

Lost Stage 3

Lost Stage 2

Lost Stage 1

Lost Stage 6

Lost Stage 1

Lost Stage 1

Lost Stage 3

Lost Stage 3

Lost Stage 4

Lost Stage 6

Lost Stage 9

T R O F E

THANK YOU @StarFoxMania

Edited by LegendExeter

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, DEMONICRUBLE18 said:

I haven't played this yet but I'm about to start playing through it, but would the save trick work with this? Like play a level quit out it saves back up the save and just re-download the save if you fail the level? Or does this have to be all done in one run no saving available? 

Nope, there is no save feature during this mode. If you lose in level 10 (final), you must restart from level 1. Make sure you get all Upgrades to the max before attempting this. 

On 22/12/2022 at 10:47 AM, LegendExeter said:

I've been stumped on this trophy for a long time now.  Nearly 4 months.

I have made it to stage 10 twice, 9 about a dozen times.  I've died on every stage except 5 and 8 at least once.

I've tried the freeze the screen trick by pressing the Playstation Button, yet it only helps so much, and mainly only on Stage 9.

I've scoured online for additional knowledge or hints, and have found none to be actually helpful.

Throwing this out there to see for anyone who has actually accomplished this, if not to share any final tips or words of wisdom, please share your experience with getting this trophy?

This is probably not the hardest trophy I've ever had to get, yet it is a complete nuisance.  So many things are against you that literally it seems like Luck plays a huge part in achieving this.  I mean yes you need some skill, you also need to commit less than 4 errors per round or your usually done for.  It would be one thing for the path that the balls go on to be winding or curve like, it's another for them to be on such tight turns that it is harder than hell in a fast paced game to actually get your ball in the right spot when firing.  This game must truly have been easier on PC, with the mouse being able to increase the accuracy of your shots.  It also would have been nice if you could actually practice the levels of Iron Frog without having to go through 8 or 9 rounds to lose each time.  It's just such a hassle, the chains are near luck dependent, the power ups are either never where you need them to be, or are plentiful when you are doing good and don't need them, yet are not when you are having a tough run.

I hate how the gaps close, and how sometimes they don't.  I know how to bring the line back yet it would have been easier if they automatically closed the gaps all the time.  That is just so damn stupid how they created this and some of the gameplay for this.  Should never have power ups disappear if you don't get to them in a certain time limit, the power ups could actually give you a chance rather than completely screwing you over by them disappearing right as you finally can fire at them.

Gonna start keeping track of all my losses

Lost Stage 9

Lost Stage 2

Lost Stage 9

Lost Stage 6

Lost Stage 2

Lost Stage 6

Lost Stage 6

Lost Stage 6

Lost Stage 6

Lost Stage 6

Lost Stage 1

Lost Stage 1

Lost Stage 1

Lost Stage 4

Lost Stage 1

Lost Stage 6

Lost Stage 6

Lost Stage 6

Lost Stage 6

Lost Stage 3

Lost Stage 2

Lost Stage 1

Lost Stage 6

Lost Stage 1

Lost Stage 1

Lost Stage 3

Lost Stage 3

Lost Stage 4

Lost Stage 6

Lost Stage 9

T R O F E

THANK YOU @StarFoxMania

Oh my. You didn't have to give me credit, but I'm super glad you got your trophy. Well played!

• Like 1