Ps3 repair or new one

poker_1987

Got a superslim to replay old games.

Sounds like a jet sometimes, its fan noise not disc noise . Worth buying the Torx. Bit and trying to clean the dust? Or get a normal slim as I've been told they are the quietest 

Also the controller battery wont charge. Are the replacements on amazon ok? Or should I just buy a long USB lead or new controller?

Buy the torx bit, small cost for something that enables you to fix your own electronics. As above, if you’ve got it open to clean the fan/heat sinks, use some alcohol and clean the existing thermal paste and apply new stuff, that can make a huge difference. 

Amazon batteries are generally okay for DS3 batteries, but ifixit batteries tend to be worth the premium if they still sell them and your controller is functioning fine otherwise. 

You should be all-in under $30 (bit, alcohol, thermal compound) to prolong the life of your super-slim, versus an unknown cost on a slim. That’s worth it. 

7 minutes ago, Rinku said:

It's worth 10x to keep that superslim up and running. They came out so late in the PS3 life cycle that they are still a good console after all this years. 

Also, a PS4 or even a  PS5 controller can be used on a PS3, via Bluetooth or USB cable. I recommend cable. 

For full functionality including the home button, a brooks wingman adapter is nice

• Like 1

• 4 months later...