How is the game currently? (2023)

Dade728883

It's average, very repetitive. I've been coming back to do DLC trophies when they add new ones, my character feels like he's had the same damage output while doing the same thing for more than half of my playtime.

While much improved since launch, you'll be starved for meaningful content once you get trough the DLC storylines.

If you like Fallout 4's gameplay you'll probably like this, but there are some very grindy DLC trophies. 

The game being a 'live service' has some quality of life features behind a paywall, but you don't have to buy anything.

Edited by Bratinov

On 14/01/2023 at 11:37 PM, Bratinov said:

It's average, very repetitive. I've been coming back to do DLC trophies when they add new ones, my character feels like he's had the same damage output while doing the same thing for more than half of my playtime. While much improved since launch, you'll be starved for meaningful content once you get through the DLC storylines. If you like Fallout 4's gameplay you'll probably like this, but there are some very grindy DLC trophies. 

The game being a 'live service' has some quality of life features behind a paywall, but you don't have to buy anything.

Fallout 4 was the same for me. The meaningful content runs out pretty quickly in that game once you have finished all the non-repeatable missions in both the main game and the DLCs. I am liking FO76 so far but the iffy frame-rate, uneven difficulty scaling, messy inventory management and random difficulty spikes, bring it down a few notches.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Fallout 4 was the same for me. The meaningful content runs out pretty quickly in that game once you have finished all the non-repeatable missions in both the main game and the DLCs. I am liking FO76 so far but the iffy frame-rate, messy inventory management and random difficulty spikes, bring it down a few notches.

I definitely agree about the inventory, the framerate is much more stable on PS5.

I'm yet to play FO4 on console, how's performance?

Survival mode was very fun on PC, but it crashed a lot.

Edited by Bratinov

2 hours ago, Bratinov said:

I definitely agree about the inventory, the framerate is much more stable on PS5.

I'm yet to play FO4 on console, how's performance?

Survival mode was very fun on PC, but it crashed a lot.

I can't comment on the survival mode since I never played it but FO4 crashed on me 5 times over the course of approx 300hrs, whereas FO76 has crashed on me twice in the approx 20hrs I've played so far.

I have been playing this game since the day it launched and it has definitely improved a TON ever since.

The thing that makes me love and return to the game quite often is it's community.

The people here are nothing but amazing and so sweet, especially to new players.

I have been grinding the double exp event to get to level 100 ( sadly with a new character cause the trophy was glitched for me with my first character )

And so many people were willing to help me boost my level, gave me lots of things and just stayed by my side till I had to leave.

The game has heart with the right teammates :D

Edited by RebelsHeart
  • Like 2

On 24/12/2022 at 1:39 PM, Letenko said:

Nope, solid 30 on both PS4 and PS5 as we did not get a separate version nor an upgrade.

this is older but its 100% not solid 30 on ps4. Bases can destroy the FPS and large scale events can as well. PS5 I have had no issues on it though and it also crashes more often on PS4 compared to PS5

Played it on launch & have recently picked it up again with my brother to finish off the platinum & 100% since it was just collecting dust. Now don't get me wrong, the game is better than it was on launch, but the game is honestly still just as awful as the underlying issues with the game weren't really fixed, & honestly some of the "fixes" made even bigger problems, such as the enemies constantly scaling instead of having a proper level spread through areas.

I could go on for hours of just how much this game fails in just about every aspect of the game, but I won't. Just say yourself the time & the hassle. Avoid the game. It truly is one of the most miserable experiences since I've started trophy hunting back in 2016. Just when the game starts to feel like a proper fallout title with the newer content, the garbage mechanics & implementation of them smacks you right back into reality.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Game is rubbish boring, I felt nauseous playing it and seeing how bad it was. Worst coop game I think I have played. Even Conan exiles was better than this 2 hour experience. Trees look like they been smothered in diorhea. I convinced my brother to try it with me and he couldn't stomach it for more than an hour. I am stuck with this stale garage now. Fallout 4 is wayyyy better than this disappointing shite. Luckily I got it for free on PS+. Otherwise I would never play this unpolished turd. Todd Howard is a liar and scammer, like some greedy prostitute.

• 3 weeks later...

Started this game november 2023, its a service game so you'll be launching the game just to do dailies but thats way later, when you reach levels past 100. Play any other FO if you want a good story. Gameplay wise theres nice amounts of gun variety which has entertained me for 200 hrs. Technically this is awful, crashes all the time even on PS5

• Like 1

I got the platinum a few weeks ago and it's fairly easy but time consuming. The Atlantic City update has made the ps5 version run like absolute dog shit. I'm lucky if I can go an hour without it freezing or crashing. Opening the map or pipboy seems to cause it frequently especially after an event. 

• Like 1