Starting over in 2023 questions

NMErickson

I plan to start to fresh with the PS5 version of NMS sometime in 2023. NMS on PS4 was one of my favorite games to get lost in. I haven’t played in a couple years though and that’s an eternity in NMS because of Hello Games’ ongoing support, improvements, and additions. I would rather not transfer my save data. I would like a new experience.

My two questions are

1.) Has ship finding been made easier? I remember spending countless hours waiting for the perfect ship I wanted to land at stations. I had a full fleet of the cargo size, class, and designs I wanted. I found this video, is this a good, new method?

2.) Are all Quicksilver items still available for unlocking and purchase? I had some cool base items unlocked in the PS4 version. Are older featured items still available for purchase or are they limited time items so likely won’t get them back? I don’t mind the grind for quicksilver, just concerned that certain things might not be available.

Thanks in advance! I understand probably a lot has changed and I can’t wait to experience that all over again and learn new things as well. Now I just hope I can get a PSVR2 in ‘22 and then I’ll really be cut off from the real world and lost in NMS worlds ?

Edited by NMErickson

1: The core methods for ship hunting have barely changed over the years but the meta of what you're looking for, has - thanks to the presence of the new Supercharged Slots.

2: Yes. The quicksilver items never go away but the Expedition related items are time gated so once the original expeditions and the yearly Redux versions finish, they're unobtainable for anyone who didn't complete the expeditions whilst they were active. Also note the netcode is shot to hell right now so the weekend missions and general online features are very flaky as to if they're available or not.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Perfect. Thanks much. I missed out on a lot expeditions. First one that comes to mind is the one with the Normandy ship reward but have seen they do come back, or maybe only in that redux version. Sounds good though and can’t wait. I do hope the online gets better.

• Like 1