Glitched trophy?

Have you tried to keep talking to the Scientist until no more new dialogue is spoken? See if walking out the room helps and then talking to scientist again. 

If that fails, I guess this side quest isn't too far in the game so starting again isn't going to put you back to far. 

What I tend to do is I make a hard save before i do any side quest just in case things like this happen and and you need to reload. This was really important for the "A match for Aerith Trophy" as I some how messed it up twice! xD

Shouldn't be bugged, I got it without issue... If you have to do it again WAIT until NG+ as I had to do a NG+ Playthrough to get the last Trophys for my Plat (All Mail, Join All Fan Clubs etc. as I had missed them annoyingly) and I had ALL the Materia/Shards or whatever to hand in to the Lab and was able to do it all at once in NG+ so try that? ?‍♂️

1 hour ago, xxdmcgee2288xx said:

It isn’t gonna pop after I finish ch 2 or something right? Like it should pop after the dude thanks me for saving his program and that without me scarlet would have scrapped it to give those funds to r&d..

It should pop up after you talk to the scientist thoroughly and get all the Materia you can six in total. If it hasn't popped, and you are sure you did everything, id either wait to NG+ or just start again, Chapter 2 isn't too far into the game.