Winning championships

MrKrzus

19 hours ago, MrKrzus said:

I'm just curious if I can win championship if I am 3 times 1st & 3 times 2nd in events. Is this possible to win championships like that?

Pretty much any result can make you win the championship as long as you have the best overall time. Your opponents sometimes crash etc. making it very hard to predict which result you need in a specific stage. I won championships in which I placed 10th within a single stage. 
Thats the beauty of Rally – you can always make up for mistakes you might have made. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/27/2022 at 1:06 PM, OBSTINATIO said:

Pretty much any result can make you win the championship as long as you have the best overall time. Your opponents sometimes crash etc. making it very hard to predict which result you need in a specific stage. I won championships in which I placed 10th within a single stage. 
Thats the beauty of Rally – you can always make up for mistakes you might have made. 

I'm going through championship wins on Open right now, in 1970 category I had 1st place 4 times, and a 2nd place, this gave me enough points to retire from the 6th event completely.