Don't listen to the reviews!!!

Titanomachy_75

I have a feeling, this game will be a minor cult title in a few years time after all the DLC has been released and everything has been patched to death to fix all the major technical issues. There's also a good chance it will end up on PS Plus at some point as well.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

Honestly the game is really good up till the halfway point where you get outside, I can't quite place what happens but it does feel like a huge momentum change, and the recycled boss in such a short space ruined it. However the games atmosphere was really well done without the need for jump scares. I was generally just scared walking down a hallway hearing noises.

26 minutes ago, Ashande said:

That’s not the fault of the players; between Schofield claiming Callisto was “closer to his vision” for Dead Space and 70% of the game senselessly parroting Dead Space while ignoring the context or surroundings that made those moments, concepts, visuals or mechanics fit, Callisto is itself inviting the comparison, essentially begging to be beaten over the head with it.

All of that is aside from the technical issues, of course. Technical issues might one day be fixed. Even the story might one day be made better, more coherent, whole or otherwise improved (though I still think it’s rather scummy to charge $70, then expect someone to cough up $30 {for DLC} to $70 {for a sequel} to finish telling the basic story.)

This 3 reasons alone killed the game day one. It has weak story, Incoherent narrative. And a buggy mess.

A few odd flaws can you look over. But not game is mediocre at best out of the gate.

For 20$ the games fine. For 70$ it's a scam. Just let it die and be put on the bargin bin.

Edited by Zid960
  • Like 3

I loved the game starting out but by time I finished the game, I left feeling extremely frustrated. A lot of the issues I had with the game have been patched recently but as a launch player, my experience already left me sour. Plus, actor Sam Witwer was severely underused and that ending was too abrupt. I know they're probably going to continue the main storyline in the DLC due out next year and that's just cheap. I wish I could say I grew to love the combat – I can appreciate the developers trying something new – but it was messy. It's not a bad game but it also doesn't live up to the hype it, and the media, set out by using its Dead Space creator origins as its gateway.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, medenko1975 said:

Maximum is too hard.

No NG+

All collectable are missable

Bad saving points.

Bad saving points? You can save whenever you want including during cutscenes lol

There's video guides of regular people doing maximum in like 3 hours no damage

Collectibles are mostly right on it near your path or visible so I lay a few would present an issue but yes they can be missed due to lack of chapter select and Freeplay after but you'd kinda have to really try to miss all of them

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Bad saving points? You can save whenever you want including during cutscenes lol

Collectibles are mostly right on it near your path or visible so I lay a few would present an issue but yes they can be missed due to lack of chapter select and Freeplay after but you'd kinda have to really try to miss all of them

Very true lol The game was easy all you have to do really is max out your rifle and buy tons on ammo at the end of the game! I had like 7000 credits :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

[snip]

Not going to discuss the other two points as difficulty is always going to be a subjective discussion (though the game doesn’t do itself any favors in that department with mechanics that work when they want to rather than as advertised) and you will find most of the collectibles by just poking around (though the way it frequently gates off previous areas without warning or indication of which path was the “story path” and which way led to the random doodads, combined with a couple that are glitchy and either don’t register or suddenly vanish from your collectibles tab later - after a gate, of course - and the lack of chapter select makes it an unpleasant or “Guide Dang It!” undertaking under the best of circumstances), but…

Unless they’ve changed something since launch, while you can save anywhere, reloading that save just yeets you back to the most recent checkpoint you passed, making it essentially functionally useless except to use as a ghetto form of “chapter select” by keeping multiple save files for that purpose. I don’t recall if items picked up or used register in the save file or if it resets your inventory to the last autosave as well, but best case is its mostly useless, worst case is actively malicious (oh, hadn’t hit the next checkpoint, but did use a medkit or some ammo? Well. Have fun doing it all again with even less resources!)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

This made me laugh almost as much as the OP. Guess you never tried to save then reload? It’s not an actual save but the previous checkpoint. 

There’s videos of people doing no hit speed runs on elden ring. Just because someone has the time and patience to do it doesn’t mean a game is easy or most can. They’re a 1% minority. 

Everyone’s opinion is their own but DAMN have standards gone down the toilet if this is an 8 or 9. Same thing when people accept broken games and say “one day it’ll be good. It has good bones” NO. They should’ve released it in a tolerable state. Not take 2 years to finally reach an acceptable “standard” because it’s “live service”. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zeep_Xanflorp92 said:

This made me laugh almost as much as the OP. Guess you never tried to save then reload? It’s not an actual save but the previous checkpoint. 

There’s videos of people doing no hit speed runs on elden ring. Just because someone has the time and patience to do it doesn’t mean a game is easy or most can. They’re a 1% minority. 

Everyone’s opinion is their own but DAMN have standards gone down the toilet if this is an 8 or 9. Same thing when people accept broken games and say “one day it’ll be good. It has good bones” NO. They should’ve released it in a tolerable state. Not take 2 years to finally reach an acceptable “standard” because it’s “live service”. 

Nah, our standards are fine. There are two sides to the coin. You may have gotten too hung up on nonsense and couldn't see the forest through the trees. It was a fantastic game if you played it on max security and took your time and really took it all in. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, don't try to tell people they're wrong in their experience if you don't expect to get met with the same response back. If we're being hyperbolic, I bet a lot of people sped through it on casual to trivialize the combat, and a lot are just (either intentionally or not) bandwagoning bad reviews from other versions of the game that ran poorly.  To me, review standards have gone down the toilet if this is anything less than an 80 average. Also, there are PLENTY of checkpoints - too many for a survival horror IMO. At worst you are going back 2-4 minutes, didn't really encounter anything further than that. In fact, their save system is still more beneficial to the player than only letting the player save at predetermined save points.

The atmosphere was great. The story picked up really well in the second half of the game, and especially at the end. The two main characters had great growth. Combat was very unique and performed flawlessly if you knew what you were doing. If you messed up in a fight, it was on you, not the game. 

Opinions can vary but insinuating people's standards are low because they enjoyed it is wrong. Your time stamps show you glitched the max security trophy, so your experience was definitely not the same as someone playing on max security where the game is a lot more tense. Horror games typically have no pressure on low difficulties and that's their main appeal and selling point. I truly feel like the developer intended max security to be the defining experience and anything below was just included for lesser skilled gamers. It had the perfect balance of being fair while still being challenging. No offense to anyone who did play on casual, but you cannot tell me it's the same when you're ending fights half as fast, getting hit half as hard, and have a lot more supplies laid at your feet to just blaze through the game with.

Proud to say this was my runner up for GOTY behind Elden Ring, and think this team did a stellar job for their first game. Can't wait for the DLC. My biggest complaint is how easy it is to cheese the final boss, and I felt like max security could have maybe had 80% of the items laid out in the world than it did. They gave a few too many of those 750-1000 credit items laying around in the last few chapters. The ability to pike enemies or throw them off a ledge also was a bit too easy for certain parts. Feel like if those were to stay as is, max security should have been normal and then had a slightly harder difficulty to tackle where enemies did same damage and took same damage, but just had less resources (esp batteries)

Edited by ChibsSoA
  • Like 2

This game is a joke. It's literally a watered down Dead Space. It's games like The Callisto Protocol that make me have a bad opinion of the AAA gaming industry in general. Graphics are great and cinematics are nice, but that's all the game has going for it. Everything else is the same rinse and repeat that we've seen for roughly a decade now.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

This game is a joke. It's literally a watered down Dead Space. It's games like The Callisto Protocol that make me have a bad opinion of the AAA gaming industry in general. Graphics are great and cinematics are nice, but that's all the game has going for it. Everything else is the same rinse and repeat that we've seen for roughly a decade now.

If you're so unhappy about everything just leave the site. You won't have to read so much that upsets you or copy and paste the same answers over and over. 

As much as i didn't like the game as listed above, hopefully it gets a sequel so they can expand and go further with ideas based off what the fans and players have said.

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 2