Even the Odds - Death March

I have been trying to attain even the odds on Death March and its a pain for me. Finished one of the contracts without signs, mutagens, bombs or anything except for the sword.

I am struggling with my second contract which is the shrieker.

My question is if I lowered the difficulty, kill the shrieker, get the trophy and then reload an earlier save with death march to kill the shrieker normally while everything is intact will that void the death march trophy?

Thanks in advance.

13 minutes ago, an-inFamous1337 said:

I have been trying to attain even the odds on Death March and its a pain for me. Finished one of the contracts without signs, mutagens, bombs or anything except for the sword.

My question is if I lowered the difficulty, kill the shrieker, get the trophy and then reload an earlier save with death march to kill the shrieker normally while everything is intact will that void the death march trophy?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure if that would void the deathmarch trophy but the shrieker is really early on so I'm guessing you're not very far into the game? You could save the contracts until you're a higher level/more powerful then come back to the lower level contracts and you'll have no issue killing the monsters with no signs/bombs, etc. There are a decent amount of contracts too and some have comparitively easy monsters to kill.

Off the top of my head, 'The Apiarian Phantom' and 'An Elusive Thief' both have easy monsters to kill.

2 minutes ago, WitcherScotty said:

Not sure if that would void the deathmarch trophy but the shrieker is really early on so I'm guessing you're not very far into the game? You could save the contracts until you're a higher level/more powerful then come back to the lower level contracts and you'll have no issue killing the monsters with no signs/bombs, etc. There are a decent amount of contracts too and some have comparitively easy monsters to kill.

Off the top of my head, 'The Apiarian Phantom' and 'An Elusive Thief' both have easy monsters to kill.

Thank you very much for your reply.
I am level 9 and the beast is level 8 I think I can actually do that.

Will keep both contracts mentioned above in mind too.

21 minutes ago, an-inFamous1337 said:

Thanks in advance.

Just wait until you get to Skellige. 

You don't have to knock this out immediately. If you see that the contract monster is easy, just reload the save and take your mutagens off. 

19 minutes ago, TriplEEE13 said:

Hard to say with 100% certainty, but what was suggested in another thread was to upload your save file to the cloud. Once you do that, load your game and reduce the difficulty and get the trophy. Finally, download your save file from the cloud. That would be the best bet.

Yep that's pretty much what I did in all my runs on the different versions of the game just to be safe actually delete off the lowered difficulty save before putting your original deathmarch save or whatever so the game has no record of you lowering it

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ollo99 said:

Just wait until you get to Skellige. 

You don't have to knock this out immediately. If you see that the contract monster is easy, just reload the save and take your mutagens off. 

Wait…. I don’t think taking off mutagens is necessary. I’ve seen somewhere mutagens here mean decoctions. “Don’t drink decoctions which are brew from mutagens,” is the actual requirement. And I totally forgot about (it’s so long ago) this and I didn’t take off the mutagens and still got the trophy.

————

Actually if you are so concerned about your save being ruined, and wanna get the trophy early. Start a new game with “blood and wine only”. You are immediately allowed to free roam and your Geralt is level 34. You overpower almost all available contracts. Pick any two and you get the trophy.

———

And more lol

Even odds has already been discussed one week earlier

Edited by archangeltw_
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, archangeltw_ said:

Wait…. I don’t think taking off mutagens is necessary. I’ve seen somewhere mutagens here mean decoctions. “Don’t drink decoctions which are brew from mutagens,” is the actual requirement. And I totally forgot about (it’s so long ago) this and I didn’t take off the mutagens and still got the trophy.

————

Actually if you are so concerned about your save being ruined, and wanna get the trophy early. Start a new game with “blood and wine only”. You are immediately allowed to free roam and your Geralt is level 34. You overpower almost all available contracts. Pick any two and you get the trophy.

———

And more lol

Even odds has already been discussed one week earlier

I seen that it said "mutagens" in the description. This is my first time playing through for platinum, so I deleted them for two contracts ?

Go for the Grave Hag (Mourntart) and the normal Wyvern. I believe the quests are The Merry Widow and Strange Beast (could be mistaken)

Both are low level, in velen, with attacks that are easy to dodge. There’s also a water hag in Skellige.

Put decent runes on your sword too, bleeding and poison help a lot

I did the first contract with the specter and the Shrieker for the trophy.

So the trophy will be no more a question for me in Velen/Novigrad.

You need to update you stuff, oil at their best at this point of the story and use their respective sign. Also dodge a lot.

Both were hard, but I did manage them.

Did the platinium since too ^^

On 12/31/2022 at 4:23 AM, WitcherScotty said:

I will add that if you do this, don't forget to unslot your mutagens :) 

i did the gryphon and the shrieker was a pain to do the first one but i just took it slow and finally got it but everyone's suggestions above are also good. (reason i did those 2 was the similar move sets just backup when it shields with wings then go back to a beating (also slot in stuns on swords appeared to help)

Feel free to use your crossbow against the shrieker for example, it won't void Even Odds. When it's flying around, hit it with the crossbow when it's flying towards you for the claw attack. It will fall down and will allow you to get a couple of free hits in.

On 31.12.2022 at 10:05 AM, an-inFamous1337 said:

Thanks in advance.

Dont do it. Just use another contract. There are enough easy monsters

I tried to do the Shrieker for this trophy at like level 10 and kept dying (I probably tried 20 times in a row). Decided to keep playing the game and come back to it. A couple levels later I went back and it was a breeze (I took mutagens off as a precaution but it seems unclear if that's necessary as someone mentioned above). Just don't try it on any of the contracts for wraiths of any type and you should be fine if you're 3-4 levels above depending on your skill.