[QUEST] Following The Thread (Bugged or Not??)

KAdamsy1

I'm at the point where i need to meet lambert in the nowhere inn, yet he's never there/fails to spawn.

My question, is this a bug or am i supposed to complete more main story quests to get him to show up? Don't think i had this trouble on the ps4 versions so just trying to get clarification.

5 minutes ago, KAdamsy1 said:

I'm at the point where i need to meet lambert in the nowhere inn, yet he's never there/fails to spawn.

My question, is this a bug or am i supposed to complete more main story quests to get him to show up? Don't think i had this trouble on the ps4 versions so just trying to get clarification.

This is before going to Skellige? He's stood outside the inn, rather than in it, sort of across the street from the main door. I assume you have the quest active and the marker will point to him on the map, just trying to rule it out. ☺️

28 minutes ago, WitcherScotty said:

This is before going to Skellige? He's stood outside the inn, rather than in it, sort of across the street from the main door. I assume you have the quest active and the marker will point to him on the map, just trying to rule it out. ☺️

Marker says he's inside. Already went to skellige to do that part of the quest, came back to novigrad and lamberts just not there.

6 minutes ago, KAdamsy1 said:

Marker says he's inside. Already went to skellige to do that part of the quest, came back to novigrad and lamberts just not there.

Ah right, as far as I remember, as soon as you're done in Skellige and come back to Novigrad (but before getting Ciri) he should be in the Inn waiting for you. Sorry mate, sounds like it could be a glitch. :/ A bit of a long shot, but you could try meditating in the Inn next to where he should be. I occasionally get merchants/innkeepers not spawning so just meditate for an hour and they appear, could be worth trying.

34 minutes ago, KAdamsy1 said:

Meditating ain't getting him to spawn, gonna have to hope in getting him to spawn some other way i guess.

Not really bothered about the quest more the gwent card.

I wouldn't worry about Lamberts card, he's important in the story once you get to Kaer Morhen and is available to play there, but even then, if you never play him and complete the game, his card is lootable next to his bed if you missed the chance to play him.

15 hours ago, WitcherScotty said:

I wouldn't worry about Lamberts card, he's important in the story once you get to Kaer Morhen and is available to play there, but even then, if you never play him and complete the game, his card is lootable next to his bed if you missed the chance to play him.

Thanks for this, has no idea i could pick the card if never play him.

• 1 month later...

Some NPCs can move around depending on certain quests and may not appear at a marker from a different quest because it is not considered the priority quest via the game.

Usually if this happens, you need to finish the other priority quest they are linked to if you know which, and then they should be back at the marker from the lower priority quest!

Also, a LOT of cards can be obtained without playing the player. A Dangerous Game for example, there is NO NEED TO DO this quest as then the cards can all be looted from  main story enemy later!!