DARK SOULS II: Thoughts & Experiences Thread

amebapiko

Am I the only one that prefers the how combat feels in DaS vs DaS2? Although, it may just be that I need to get used to a new game, like with DeS->DaS.

I have a question for those of you who've already played DSII: is the 'This Is Dark Souls' trophy story-related? If not, than it's an extra challenge for me.

It just seems like it's die for the first time and you get it type thing.

I have a question for those of you who've already played DSII: is the 'This Is Dark Souls' trophy story-related? If not, than it's an extra challenge for me.

It is an extra challenge, but, even if you don't want it, you'll get it soon enough ;)

On the game, I just played yesterday for the first time, a good 6 hours in. So far, I would say it is all you expect from a Dark Souls game, if you loved the last one, you'll love this one.

A lot of people complained about the graphics... I wouldn't say it is next gen, but you can definitely see an improvement from the previous games.

Mmm its my first soul on the series, and i got this is dark souls in the most stupid way possible: falling from a cliff while in the tutorials lol.

I got the black armor retail edition (i got hooked by the soundtrack). Are there any tips from you guys? Im blank talkinh about demon and dark souls.

Mmm its my first soul on the series, and i got this is dark souls in the most stupid way possible: falling from a cliff while in the tutorials lol.

I got the black armor retail edition (i got hooked by the soundtrack). Are there any tips from you guys? Im blank talkinh about demon and dark souls.

This was quite informative: http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/11/5497008/dark-souls-2-tips-guide-walkthrough-video

I have played DS2 all day yesterday and I really enjoyed what I've seen so far. The minor improvements here and there are very welcome additions and contribute to the overall experience. One of the things that bothered me in the two previous games was having to switch between your secondary weapon and catalyst/pyromancy. This is no longer the case since you are now able to wield 2X3 weapons. Hooraay praise the Sun for that!

The AI of enemies have certainly improved, backstab seem a little harder to pull off and I don't mind the fact that they deal less damage this time around. Enemies adapt to your approach e.g. if you keep circling around them trying to go for a backstab they'll circle around you as well, also I like the new animations. I did die a few times because you no longer have 100% invincibility frames which isn't necessarily a bad thing in my opinion. You just have to be more careful where and when you can go for backstabs. Will have to see how that pans out in PvP. I am a bit worried about being able to equip 4 rings but its too soon to pass judgement on this.

What I've been dying to find out, how does the Multiplayer feel? Since we are now playing on dedicated servers, hopefully it should fix the sometimes horrendous lagstabs we've seen in the past and the total collapse of the framerate. Nothing is as frustrating as getting owned by noobs just because of laggy servers. There were some major issues with onine connectivity since its release, I am not going to flame FromSoftware for this as its just the first week that the servers been put to the test so let's give them some time to fix things.

I have seen some wonky textures and some weird pop-ups, even from a close distance. They're tried to make the camera more user friendly by allowing you to see through walls if you're trapped in a corner but this was really distracting at times. The game is being praised by critics for its smooth framerate, I have died at least twice because of a framerate drop and I wasn't even playing onine. I realise its a big open world with very little loading screens but I felt it was still worth mentioning.

Now if you'll excuse me I have some demons to slay, will post more later on. How are the rest of you folks enjoying the game so far?

Cheers

• Like 1

Survived my first pvp.  I think the person was a bit new to it.  We were fighting along side a narrow pathway on some cliffs and managed to knock them over the edge with a guard break.  Good thing to was carrying like 50k souls at the time.  Then again it could have been an npc since it was to easy.

Edited by MrKittyEmperor

It is an extra challenge, but, even if you don't want it, you'll get it soon enough ;)

On the game, I just played yesterday for the first time, a good 6 hours in. So far, I would say it is all you expect from a Dark Souls game, if you loved the last one, you'll love this one.

A lot of people complained about the graphics... I wouldn't say it is next gen, but you can definitely see an improvement from the previous games.

Ok thnx for letting me know. I'm going to try and make that my last trophy before the DSII platinum :D

First time playing any Souls game, got my butt kicked quite badly... failed to recover my souls 2 or 3 times. I'm a completely new to this but I'm feeling pretty good about getting back on it!

I chose the knight to start with and the DLC stuff doesn't seem to want to be used with my character? Like the stats don't support the weapons, anyone help me here?

First time playing any Souls game, got my butt kicked quite badly... failed to recover my souls 2 or 3 times. I'm a completely new to this but I'm feeling pretty good about getting back on it!

I chose the knight to start with and the DLC stuff doesn't seem to want to be used with my character? Like the stats don't support the weapons, anyone help me here?

To wield weapons you will need Strength.

Sorcery requires Intelligence

Miracles require Faith

Since you are new, I would suggest spending your skillpoints on Vitality and Strength

To wield weapons you will need Strength.

Sorcery requires Intelligence

Miracles require Faith

Since you are new, I would suggest spending your skillpoints on Vitality and Strength

Thanks, only chose to level up my stamina quite a bit so far, busy getting owned by the Dragon Rider.

Ok thnx for letting me know. I'm going to try and make that my last trophy before the DSII platinum :D

Good luck on that. Probably wont happen. I went a few good hours before dying for first time. I don't like how they are making a big deal about this time around. If only players were smarter with the game. I managed to take down Dragonrider before calling it a night. As for the game, It's amazing... GOTY so far imo.

What I've been dying to find out, how does the Multiplayer feel?

Yeah, it is tricky to get someone summoned, I guess there is a lot of activity going on, which actually is gonna get 3 times crazier due to Europe and Japan getting the game. If you have cross-region enabled, prepare for a PvP fest.

Nope, there are no unlimeted orbs for invasions and only the cracked red eye orbs, so for PvP you HAVE to join the belltower covenant or the rat covenant. Way of Blue is useless since there's no way to protect anyone since invasions are so few outside of the belltower and where the rat covenant invasion area is (don't know though, since the belltower one gives titinite cunks for every host you kill which leaves me with over 50 since just putting on the ring means you can move over at any point), but during the day it's worse than what it was at night (I'd say past 5am it got worse)

• Like 1

Nope, there are no unlimeted orbs for invasions and only the cracked red eye orbs, so for PvP you HAVE to join the belltower covenant or the rat covenant. Way of Blue is useless since there's no way to protect anyone since invasions are so few outside of the belltower and where the rat covenant invasion area is (don't know though, since the belltower one gives titinite cunks for every host you kill which leaves me with over 50 since just putting on the ring means you can move over at any point), but during the day it's worse than what it was at night (I'd say past 5am it got worse)

I see, 

Yeah, I got a lot of PvP when I joined the Bell Covenant, man, at what point the summoning was so constant that I had to unequip the ring in a rush cause I couldn't advance in the game.

Good times though.