Chapter 5 rapture Dark world Level 18

miickomadyoke_-

I love a challenge and enjoy smb, but what is this level. am i blind or what its just black and white and i cant see shit. When i do eventually pass this level it will be luck and luck alone no way there is a cleat path to beating this level.(its currently the only level i need on Dark worlds)

Edited by miickomadyoke_-

It does take a lot of practice. But i had a jumping routine off the start and then a holding station position where I would prop and jump before making the final leap of faith. You can see it in my video here. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJZopbRhb-g&t=388s

Hope that helps a little. I'm no expert and got it done.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/5/2023 at 2:06 PM, YosemiteSam74 said:

At the 4 hour mark is my strat for completing this level consisted. Hope it helps and good luck on the plat ?? (if you go for it ?) 

Thanks currently going for the plat i just need zombie boy, girl boy, impossible boy for the plat.

1 hour ago, miickomadyoke_- said:

Thanks currently going for the plat i just need zombie boy, girl boy, impossible boy for the plat.

We're on the same boat, I wish you good luck... 2.30h into Zombie Boy grinding and I managed to clear 15-20, 5 and 8 and died to 3 because I'm a complete idiot 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, B0nkeeerss said:

We're on the same boat, I wish you good luck... 2.30h into Zombie Boy grinding and I managed to clear 15-20, 5 and 8 and died to 3 because I'm a complete idiot 

3 will do that them orbs decide if you pass or not i just started dark world earlier got through all the levels familiar with most 18 is still a pain and 9 the red dudes are annoying

7 hours ago, miickomadyoke_- said:

3 will do that them orbs decide if you pass or not i just started dark world earlier got through all the levels familiar with most 18 is still a pain and 9 the red dudes are annoying

Rapture dark is the first world where I feel like most levels are straight-up impossible to get consistent at, the only way to pass is to have a star alignment and you manage to do 15-20, 5 and 8, then pray again you don't die like I did 

10 hours ago, B0nkeeerss said:

Rapture dark is the first world where I feel like most levels are straight-up impossible to get consistent at, the only way to pass is to have a star alignment and you manage to do 15-20, 5 and 8, then pray again you don't die like I did 

Zombie boy is done... now the hard part begins.

16 minutes ago, miickomadyoke_- said:

Nice what order did you go in?

19-20 first, then 16-18, then 1-15. The trophy didn't pop, I did every level so I knew one of them didn't count. Guess what? I had to do 16-20 ALL OVER AGAIN, then 1-4, and level 4 was the one that didn't count. Thank God I didn't die or else I would've destroyed everything 

I used fly wrench because his straight up and down movement along walls helps with the final jump.

The trouble is getting the key and then moving to the lower left and waiting for the blades to pass through you (I don't remember the spot you need to pass through the blades but I believe it's the far bottom left corner).

The hard part was getting the key quickly enough to do so, but I found once getting through that the rest was easy.

If you want to do it without passing through the blades, my best guess is that ogmo is your best bet, his small hitbox is bound to help avoid all the stuff flying around on screen.  The reason I didn't use him is because it's very hard to grab the key in time to move to the lower left.

3 hours ago, g34hgfggn said:

I used fly wrench because his straight up and down movement along walls helps with the final jump.

The trouble is getting the key and then moving to the lower left and waiting for the blades to pass through you (I don't remember the spot you need to pass through the blades but I believe it's the far bottom left corner).

The hard part was getting the key quickly enough to do so, but I found once getting through that the rest was easy.

If you want to do it without passing through the blades, my best guess is that ogmo is your best bet, his small hitbox is bound to help avoid all the stuff flying around on screen.  The reason I didn't use him is because it's very hard to grab the key in time to move to the lower left.

yosemitesam74 has a strat up with meatboy and its like 99% consitent alot easier than the underneath method

12 minutes ago, g34hgfggn said:

I didn't find any meat boy strategies to be nearly as consistent, but certainly if they're working for you, there's nothing wrong with using them.

Knowing how much things vary from person to person on this game, it's understandable. I found Zombie Boy to be 2 times harder than Girl Boy, that's something 90% of people would disagree with, it's a strange game...

Are you using the kid for most of the stages?  Most of the time that people find zombie boy to be comparable to girl boy, or harder for that matter, that's usually the reason.

The kid has the largest hitbox, he is by far the most maneuverable, but his massive hitbox counterbalances this and weighs most people don't pick up on.

2 hours ago, g34hgfggn said:

Are you using the kid for most of the stages?  Most of the time that people find zombie boy to be comparable to girl boy, or harder for that matter, that's usually the reason.

The kid has the largest hitbox, he is by far the most maneuverable, but his massive hitbox counterbalances this and weighs most people don't pick up on.

I found him to be the most consistent for more than half the levels, on 16-20 I used Meat Boy other than 18

He is easy to use, and thus, easy to get consistent with.  I strongly recommend using ogmo and learning to get consistent with him.  In the cases where his maneuverability is sufficient, it will greatly benefit you.  This goes tenfold for 5-8x.

You should also experiment with the other characters and learn their strengths and weaknesses.  It'll take practice test to get consistent, but it can make zombie boy much easier.

Spelunky deals with light orbs well, and there are a couple of spots where you should at least consider using Commander video.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/26/2024 at 6:27 PM, g34hgfggn said:

Do you have any vídeo showing your strat? Would love to see it , looks great

17 minutes ago, bdias10 said:

The best strategy is with Meat Boy. 

It’s at 7.30. You only need to make 2 easy jumps and then you can chill in the corner. I never died on this level using this strategy.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Baker said:

The best strategy is with Meat Boy. 

It’s at 7.30. You only need to make 2 easy jumps and then you can chill in the corner. I never died on this level using this strategy.

Thanks man, going to watch it, nice to know it becomes doable after a while, 5 and 8 already pisses me off enough, 5 mainly

On 3/27/2024 at 12:59 PM, bdias10 said:

Not until my PC gets fixed, which for the time being is a low priority.

May come back to the thread and post such a video once it does though.

I agree with what you're saying though, the descriptions don't suffice and so it's usually better to show than tell.

2 hours ago, g34hgfggn said:

Not until my PC gets fixed, which for the time being is a low priority.

May come back to the thread and post such a video once it does though.

I agree with what you're saying though, the descriptions don't suffice and so it's usually better to show than tell.

No problema man, Baker video helped a lot, got the trophy 2 days ago thx