Gameplay & Trophy Guides on PSNProfiles

Sly Ripper

I have a formatting problem with the tables in the guide section.  When I set the table style to invisible borders, I can no longer save the height of each cell.  I like the look of the table without the lines, but I need more space between the cells.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT: I am not sure if you were aware, but the table feature does not work at all in Chrome.  Not sure if that was something that could eventually be looked at, but just thought I would bring it up :)

Edited by Sir_Bee

I have a formatting problem with the tables in the guide section.  When I set the table style to invisible borders, I can no longer save the height of each cell.  I like the look of the table without the lines, but I need more space between the cells.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT: I am not sure if you were aware, but the table feature does not work at all in Chrome.  Not sure if that was something that could eventually be looked at, but just thought I would bring it up :)

You can't change the height on any table. What doesn't work in Chrome? It's fine for me.

You can't change the height on any table. What doesn't work in Chrome? It's fine for me.

Height is an option under the cell settings, but it always shrinks to as small as the text in the cell.

As for Chrome, it does not recognize it as a table.  It acts as text separated by lines.  I cannot select cells like I can in firefox.

Height is an option under the cell settings, but it always shrinks to as small as the text in the cell.

As for Chrome, it does not recognize it as a table.  It acts as text separated by lines.  I cannot select cells like I can in firefox.

Tables with invisible borders are meant to be as small as text formatting in the cell because it's commonly used as a "trick" in many guides to shift text and lists over to the right.

If you want to add "spaces" for invisible tables, then I guess add double the rows than you need and then skip a row each time to add an artificial space.

• 2 weeks later...

Those are "Gameplay Guides" - so when you press the green button to make a guide for a game, don't choose "Trophy Guide", but choose "Gameplay Guide" instead.

• Like 1

Question. Wouldn't it be easier to find guides if you had an option to list all of the guides in alphabetical order, like the option to list all of the guides from how new and popular they are? That way, if a guide isn't popular and new, they wouldn't have to go through the trouble of looking through a category to find the guide they are looking for.

Edited by TheLastSurvivorD

Question. Wouldn't it be easier to find guides if you had an option to list all of the guides in alphabetical order, like the option to list all of the guides from how new and popular they are? That way, if a guide isn't popular and new, they wouldn't have to go through the trouble of looking through a category to find the guide they are looking for.

I would say that he search function on the main guides page would be a much quicker way of finding guides than an ABC order page would be. Or more close to your recommendation, just looking for a game on the games page or your profile and then seeing if it has a guide from there.

Ultimately though, it's up to Sly if he wants to add more listing options on the guides page. I think he said once that he doesn't intend on adding very much as far as different filter/search options as the guides page is more of a way to simply feature new guides and keep track of your favorited guides.

Edited by BlindMango

• 1 month later...

Why can't i create a guide for a game that already has a guide?  :(

Well technically you can, however it's really not recommended as you would need to create a guide that is better quality than the one that's already there and since we are pretty strict on any guide having an appropriate amount of detail, a second guide usually not extremely necessary at the moment.

And quite simply... there's the simple fact that there's already a guide that's published for the game. This simple fact throws in the point that this "usually" is not highly necessary to have a second guide. Because of this, the guide team will usually tend to keep that guide sitting in the queue because the priority of guides that we approve are for the games that don't have guides yet (the second submitted guide for inFamous sat in the queue for months in favor of approving other games that did not have guides, for example). So because of all this, we just don't recommend creating a guide for a game that already has a guide at the moment... 

Second guides tend to just not get through as efficiently at the moment and is somewhat an inconvenience to the guide team since the queue is still relatively active right now, so it is recommended to comment on the guide that is already published to improve it, or just ask to join that persons guide as a contributor and improve it from there.

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

Anyone else notice the striking similarities in some of these guides compared to other sites?

Which ones? We don't allow plagiarism, we do check for exact matches of sentences but if the words are changed enough then it requires a read through of the copied guide.

Which ones? We don't allow plagiarism, we do check for exact matches of sentences but if the words are changed enough then it requires a read through of the copied guide.

Heavy rain comes to mind, I could be wrong, and hopefully I am, but there are others that I just can't remember.

I'm positive I remember hearing once that, some members that have written a guide over at "the other place" would be allowed to basically copy/paste it to here (just change enough words and sentence structures etc). Now, whether that came to fruition or not is something I can't say for sure. I never bothered with the subject since that day.

Edited by effdeegee

Well technically you can, however it's really not recommended as you would need to create a guide that is better quality than the one that's already there and since we are pretty strict on any guide having an appropriate amount of detail, a second guide usually not extremely necessary at the moment.

And quite simply... there's the simple fact that there's already a guide that's published for the game. This simple fact throws in the point that this "usually" is not highly necessary to have a second guide. Because of this, the guide team will usually tend to keep that guide sitting in the queue because the priority of guides that we approve are for the games that don't have guides yet (the second submitted guide for inFamous sat in the queue for months in favor of approving other games that did not have guides, for example). So because of all this, we just don't recommend creating a guide for a game that already has a guide... 

Second guides tend to just not get through as efficiently at the moment and is somewhat an inconvenience to the guide team since the queue is still relatively active right now, so it is recommended to comment on the guide that is already published to improve it, or just ask to join that persons guide as a contributor and improve it from there.

Is it possible to challenge a guide?

Is it possible to challenge a guide?

Ok, I was being a bit mean with this...

Challenging a guide isn't possible due to the fact that making another guide will just result in two guides.

Edited by TheLastSurvivor

• 2 weeks later...

I still use PS3 Trophies for trophy guides and roadmaps, the guides on here for games that I have aren't that helpful.

So far only 1 guide lacked information imo (Lone Survivor), all the others I read and used were pretty good

Don't fall in the illusion that all the guides at .org are good, for example MGS 2 guide from there is utter sh1t