Gameplay & Trophy Guides on PSNProfiles

Sly Ripper

If there is a guide for one version of a game but not the other and the trophy lists are identical should we create a new one for the version without a guide? For instance Doki Doki Universe ps3/vita version has a guide but the separate ps4 version does not have a guide.

Can button symbols be added for the ps4's touch pad and options buttons?

• Like 2

Question: is there a way for me to delete some of the guides that I don't want to work on anymore?

No, sadily there is no option to delete the guides that you have lost interest in as I'd love to delete some myself. This has been suggested a lot of times before.

• 1 month later...

Which ones? We don't allow plagiarism, we do check for exact matches of sentences but if the words are changed enough then it requires a read through of the copied guide.

About the Guide Team extension, I'm sure that I'm not the only one that most of the times is just at the community index looking at status updates/new topics etc.

I think that that time should be put into something useful for the website, more specifically the guide review. I think the Guide Team could have a little more help also, for example, some users could review guides while the Guide Team isn't available, so when the Team is online they will do a final review before publishing the guide.

This option would make the guide system faster without losing quality at all, which will result in more guides at the same level of quality. 

I'm not asking to immedeatly to give away 'Guide Team' member titles to anyone, only people that do a good job could continue doing this first review, dedicated people that the Guide Team would think their work is excellent.

• Like 1

About the Guide Team extension, I'm sure that I'm not the only one that most of the times is just at the community index looking at status updates/new topics etc.

I think that that time should be put into something useful for the website, more specifically the guide review. I think the Guide Team could have a little more help also, for example, some users could review guides while the Guide Team isn't available, so when the Team is online they will do a final review before publishing the guide.

This option would make the guide system faster without losing quality at all, which will result in more guides at the same level of quality. 

I'm not asking to immedeatly to give away 'Guide Team' member titles to anyone, only people that do a good job could continue doing this first review, dedicated people that the Guide Team would think their work is excellent.

Like a backup Guide Team if the members are busy doing something else out in the world?

Since no one showed interest in my suggestion, not even some feedback I'm guessing that no one wants to change anything I mentioned.

Your idea is good.

But I think a bigger issue right now is the inability to delete unpublished/incomplete guides. I know it has been brought up countless times over, but I have a guide I lost interest in, and I'd much rather delete it than finish it.

Edited by ShogunCroCop
  • Like 1

Your idea is good.

But I think a bigger issue right now is the inability to delete unpublished/incomplete guides. I know it has been brought up countless times over, but I have a guide I lost interest in, and I'd much rather delete it than finish it.

lol we should probably compile a list somewhere of a "Guide Firmware Update v2.0" wishlist xD for Sly for when he can dedicate some time for such a project. While I like the guide system, it definitely needs a 2.0 update with some tweaks, additions, and adjustments and stuff that people have been asking for.

• Like 3

lol we should probably compile a list somewhere of a "Guide Firmware Update v2.0" wishlist xD for Sly for when he can dedicate some time for such a project. While I like the guide system, it definitely needs a 2.0 update with some tweaks, additions, and adjustments and stuff that people have been asking for.

No doubt.

And Sly has a lot to do, I'm sure. So he probably has the Guides section in his queue somewhere. Not being able to delete guides isn't a real big issue from the user standpoint either. It's more of a clutter issue on the server, and even that isn't a big deal. I am sure Sly will address the Guides section when he can.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Now where GTA V is out on PS4, you can't link my and the other PS3-version guide to that new version, can you?

Creating a "new" c&p-guide is looking weird, isn't it? Except for one new trophy and a few additions to the MP-progress-transfer nothing has changed.

There's always a chance that trophies may be different or requirements may change between versions, so no. We'd allow it to be copy/pasted by the author though.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an idea I've thought of relating to the popular guides section. At the moment it seems that the popular guides are simply the most viewed guides which to me doesn't make sense. Popular to me means what you have outlined on the home page of "popular games this week" eg. most viewed within a recent time period eg. 1 - 4 weeks. 

How about changing the popular guides section to be a more accurate and actually mean the popular guides?

I'd still like to re-order the trophies in guides, it'd make some guides much cleaner when you can read from top to bottom instead of zig-zagging up and down the page to find what the next trophy you should be aiming for is.

If you could have the option to automatically re-order them so that they match your guide's stages, that might be a good idea. 

• 1 month later...

I just want to say as a user really like the whole thing, the interface is near perfect. I really like the whole layout with the guide overview, how you have the "Roadmap" system followed with the "Tips and Strategies" and finally underneath the individual trophies that allows the author to write a detail description. So far I am actually enjoying the whole writing up process for a guide I'm working on at the moment. And as a user that follows other people's guides on this site, I salute you.

There is one (little) suggestion I want to say if I may. This said suggestion I would like to see done is for the creation bit that the authors who make these wonderful guides use. It has to do with the Roadmap section. So far when the author is in the Roadmap section they can create stages and add trophies to aim for in that stage run. I find this amazing and really wish all guides had this, but the only problem I'm having at the moment is something I hope you could fix up a little. So far when you select the trophies to put into that stage it doesn't remove them from the list, so when you go into the next stage it makes it harder to keep track of.

I hope this can be solved one way like having a grey cross in the selection box to indicate that it has been previously been used. Or maybe hide trophies from the add trophy list that are currently been used in other stages. I know this isn't a small little suggestion that can be easily done over night, but it will entice myself to make even more detailed guides in the future and help ease the confusion in the future. Other then that I'm grateful that the trophy guide creation layout is easy to use and looks as great as it does.

• Like 3

I just want to say as a user really like the whole thing, the interface is near perfect. I really like the whole layout with the guide overview, how you have the "Roadmap" system followed with the "Tips and Strategies" and finally underneath the individual trophies that allows the author to write a detail description. So far I am actually enjoying the whole writing up process for a guide I'm working on at the moment. And as a user that follows other people's guides on this site, I salute you.

There is one (little) suggestion I want to say if I may. This said suggestion I would like to see done is for the creation bit that the authors who make these wonderful guides use. It has to do with the Roadmap section. So far when the author is in the Roadmap section they can create stages and add trophies to aim for in that stage run. I find this amazing and really wish all guides had this, but the only problem I'm having at the moment is something I hope you could fix up a little. So far when you select the trophies to put into that stage it doesn't remove them from the list, so when you go into the next stage it makes it harder to keep track of.

I hope this can be solved one way like having a grey cross in the selection box to indicate that it has been previously been used. Or maybe hide trophies from the add trophy list that are currently been used in other stages. I know this isn't a small little suggestion that can be easily done over night, but it will entice myself to make even more detailed guides in the future and help ease the confusion in the future. Other then that I'm grateful that the trophy guide creation layout is easy to use and looks as great as it does.

Potential issue with that is that some trophies could potentially fit into more than one stage... or perhaps you could choose to do them in one stage or another - so there may be reasons why you'd want them listed twice. Other than that, I'd agree with you -t would make it easier to use.

There's always a chance that trophies may be different or requirements may change between versions, so no. We'd allow it to be copy/pasted by the author though.

Yeah, I wanted to just link my Resogun guide, but it was better that I had to copy/paste it, because it gave me a chance to tweak the controls for Vita and update a few things in the original guide that had changed with patches.

Would it be possible to add an "Introduction" section between the Overview and Roadmap. I like to start the guide with a "welcome to ..." and give some general information about the game (because most of the time the Guide Introduction in the Guide Settings has to few characters). It would also be a good place to credit other members for contributing to the guide.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the addition of guides to this site. Although it seems that we are lacking content. I would love to see some of our users that have written guides for playstationtrophies.org transfer their guides on to this site. Members of playstationtrophies.org keep content up to date but I feel the site moderators are a little behind the curve. Playstationtrophies.org is also plagued by ads.

More guides plus the addition of being able to remove a completed trophy from the list within the guide would truly make this already wonderful site a one stop shop.

Edited by K2natural

I love the addition of guides to this site. Although it seems that we are lacking content. I would love to see some of our users that have written guides for playstationtrophies.org transfer their guides on to this site. Members of playstationtrophies.org keep content up to date but I feel the site moderators are a little behind the curve. Playstationtrophies.org is also plagued by ads.

More guides plus the addition of being able to remove a completed trophy from the list within the guide would truly make this already wonderful site a one stop shop.

I love this idea! :awesome:

• Like 2

Well, if you follow a link to that trophy it would still be displayed. There could also be a toggle option...

Hello, I would like to make a question regarding Guide of The Year awards 2015:

Which guides will be nominated for these, only 2015? or 2014 and 2015?

If it's only 2015 how will you know which guides were published in 2015? Will you have to check all nominated guide to see if they were published this year?