Gameplay & Trophy Guides on PSNProfiles

Sly Ripper

• 2 months later...

Is it still possible to leave a tip? I wanted to leave one for a game that's not well known and only 2 people have this specific trophy (myself included), but can't find out how without making a trophy guide (which I can't since I don't know how to unlock all trophies)

Is it still possible to leave a tip? I wanted to leave one for a game that's not well known and only 2 people have this specific trophy (myself included), but can't find out how without making a trophy guide (which I can't since I don't know how to unlock all trophies)

Unfortunately tips are no longer possible.

I presume it's EDF? =D In that case, since it's fairly hidden game, either wait until you Plat the game or just create a help thread =)

like Satoshi said , create a thread. If someone opens the game trophy list , you can see most recent topics for this game. So ppl see the "tip or info" pretty fast.

• 2 weeks later...

Mango will probably respond to you on this thread (he's always watching UKtV8oW.png) The guide team is listed right here for future reference.

This is exactly what I was hunting for! Thank you very much. If the guidelines don't answer my question, I'll post here. Your help was appreciated!

Edited by Kallume

This is exactly what I was hunting for! Thank you very much. If the guidelines don't answer my question, I'll post here. Your help was appreciated!

Yeah if you have any questions, I usually check here. Just post here or send me a PM if you end up having questions and I'll respond as soon as I can. Just a warning though, I am sometimes absolutely terrible with my responding to my PM's, so I'm sorry in advance xD

Edited by BlindMango

Hello Mango. I reviewed the guide outline and had a question about gameplay guides. I have completed a draft trophy guide for the game, but as one of the trophies is a tough playthrough-based trophy, I wanted to create a gameplay guide of how I recommend getting it. I'd be looking to go into detail of each step, quest and strategy. Is this something that would be created in one guide, multiple guides or even something that shouldn't be created as a gameplay guide?

Hello Mango. I reviewed the guide outline and had a question about gameplay guides. I have completed a draft trophy guide for the game, but as one of the trophies is a tough playthrough-based trophy, I wanted to create a gameplay guide of how I recommend getting it. I'd be looking to go into detail of each step, quest and strategy. Is this something that would be created in one guide, multiple guides or even something that shouldn't be created as a gameplay guide?

You can do something like that. These three are examples of some that have been made. Two have multiple trophies in their guide and one has a single trophy in its guide. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Quest Guide, God of War: Ascension complete collectable walkthrough, and Broken Age Speedrun Walkthrough. They each have a different amount of detail, but I'd consider them all great examples.

Edited by kuuhaku
  • Like 2

A gameplay guide would work for that, you then link it from the trophy guides and it appears like so:

U9At8.png

• Like 1

Hey guys, I started a writing a guide for Heavy Rain a few months ago but since then I've not had a lot of free time for myself and I've lost the motivation to keep it going. There were a couple of other people interested in doing one but is this the thread to let people know? Also, the few trophies that I did finish writing walkthroughs for, I'd like to give to whomever takes over from me (since I put a lot of effort into doing them), would they be allowed to use what I've done without crediting me (even though I give full permission)?

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask this but I couldn't find any other related threads using the search bar and inputting "guide" or "guides".

Hey guys, I started a writing a guide for Heavy Rain a few months ago but since then I've not had a lot of free time for myself and I've lost the motivation to keep it going. There were a couple of other people interested in doing one but is this the thread to let people know? Also, the few trophies that I did finish writing walkthroughs for, I'd like to give to whomever takes over from me (since I put a lot of effort into doing them), would they be allowed to use what I've done without crediting me (even though I give full permission)?

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask this but I couldn't find any other related threads using the search bar and inputting "guide" or "guides".

You can add someone as a contributor for your guide. This is usually the place where I've seen people post about asking for help with guides.

You had already posted in the thread kuuhaku linked above. Just post again, saying you want help with the Heavy Rain guide.

I have a pair of questions regarding tips and guides:

1.- ? Do you need the platinum/all the trophies of a game to write a guide and/or tips regarding to the obtention of one or more trophies?

2.- ?Where do you write the tips for the obtention of an specific trophy?

1 - You don't need to, but it's advisable to have at least half of the trophies since that's usually where one is accustomed to the game (e,g. I'm starting the guide usually on the first trophy, but that's just me)

2 - Tips are no longer supported. You need to make a full guide.

Also, what is obtention? xDD

This has probably been mentioned before, but i feel inclined to mention it again - Is there any reason why you can't edit your comments in the guide section? It's pretty annoying to constantly deleting & re-posting my comments. 

Hmm, that's a good point, even we (the guide team) aren't able to edit comments, maybe I'll add that to the todo list :P

I don't see it in the writing a guide guide, so I'll post my question here: how do you delete a trophy guide?  I have an unfinished guide I created that I won't be finishing, as there's already a guide for the game up.  I don't want it hanging around in my "My Guides" tab anymore.  Thanks in advance!

I don't see it in the writing a guide guide, so I'll post my question here: how do you delete a trophy guide?  I have an unfinished guide I created that I won't be finishing, as there's already a guide for the game up.  I don't want it hanging around in my "My Guides" tab anymore.  Thanks in advance!

Sadly, there is no way to delete a guide once you've created it.

1 - You don't need to, but it's advisable to have at least half of the trophies since that's usually where one is accustomed to the game (e,g. I'm starting the guide usually on the first trophy, but that's just me)

2 - Tips are no longer supported. You need to make a full guide.

Also, what is obtention? xDD

Obtention is like to earn, achieve. In spanish it is "obtención". xD

:(  Will the option ever be available?  I understand not doing it once it's published live on the site...

It doesn't really matter. Nobody can see your guides before being published (only you, contributers and staff). I do not find any reason for needing a "delete option" there. :)