Gameplay & Trophy Guides on PSNProfiles

Sly Ripper

Also, yeah I know what you're talking about, I agree that is kind of tedious :P I think it's just the way the table functions code-wise and how your browser interprets each cell of a standard table, so it can't quite work like Microsoft Word where you can just highlight a combination of cells and/or rows.

The problem is more that the editor strips out the style from the <tr>. In standard html, you can put a style attribute on a tr, and all the children will be affected. Whatever, just more fighting with the editor to make something work.

The problem is more that the editor strips out the style from the <tr>. In standard html, you can put a style attribute on a tr, and all the children will be affected. Whatever, just more fighting with the editor to make something work.

It's most likely so people don't abuse it much.

As Mango said, many features are removed after save processing, heck, even the underlining is not allowed =D (Probably so normal text is not mistaken for hyperlink)

It IS WYSIWG. But the S is for save =D

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

I'm trying to write a trophy guide and I want to include a couple of videos but when I post the url in the youtube poster thing and save the edit, the videos don't appear? Can they only be seen once the guide has been officially published or am I doing something wrong.  :unsure:

Edited by taru-ex

Hello

I'm trying to write a trophy guide and I want to include a couple of videos but when I post the url in the youtube poster thing and save the edit, the videos don't appear? Can they only be seen once the guide has been officially published or am I doing something wrong.  :unsure:

The videos should appear after saving the edit and then refreshing the page. If they don't show up it means you need to use a link without any junk in it:

www .youtube. com/watch?v=12345abCDEFG&Playlist=blahbah&time=blahblah

Make sure the bolded red stuff is taken out.

• Like 1

I made a trophy guide for Flame Over (still waiting to be approved). This would be my first.

Question is, can you just duplicate the guide for a different platform (like Vita -> PS4)? Or do you have to copy manually everything?

I made a trophy guide for Flame Over (still waiting to be approved). This would be my first.

Question is, can you just duplicate the guide for a different platform (like Vita -> PS4)? Or do you have to copy manually everything?

You have to copy everything over manually, however it isn't necessary. We hope to eventually have a feature that basically links all platforms together for guides in the future so we don't require people to do it.

Also, your guide is still in unpublished mode, if you want us to review it, you need to attempt to publish it and it will automatically get pushed to our review queue. ;)

You have to copy everything over manually, however it isn't necessary. We hope to eventually have a feature that basically links all platforms together for guides in the future so we don't require people to do it.

Also, your guide is still in unpublished mode, if you want us to review it, you need to attempt to publish it and it will automatically get pushed to our review queue. ;)

Whaaa I thought I did it

Edit: it's now "awaiting review".

Edited by fbdbh

• 3 months later...

Apologies if this has been asked already, I only skimmed the pages and didn't see the answer, or if I'm in the wrong section.  

Anyway, what's the difference between the "story" and "unmissable" tags?  I can't think of a situation where it wouldn't be both.

Apologies if this has been asked already, I only skimmed the pages and didn't see the answer, or if I'm in the wrong section.  

Anyway, what's the difference between the "story" and "unmissable" tags?  I can't think of a situation where it wouldn't be both.

Ah yeah, this ones a bit tricky and it's actually one the guide team itself doesn't fully agree upon either, lol. Personally I use "story" and "unmissable" together to tell readers that it's part of the story and it is also impossible to miss (so it's totally clear to the reader), but other people think it is assumed that when using "Story" that it's also unmissable even though there are cases where there are story-related decision-based trophies that are missable if you choose the good option instead of evil, etc... There are also cases I've had where I use the "story" tag but not "missable" or "unmissable" because you can miss it during the story but can just go back via chapter select and get it, like the  :bronze: Law-abiding citizen trophy in Mirror's Edge Catalyst for example.

Personally when reviewing a guide, I mostly don't mind how a guide writer interprets it since so many people interpret it in their own way, just so long as missable trophies (trophies that you'd have to restart the entire game to get) are marked in the guide. :P

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

:bronze: Bloody Hell in God of War III is an example of an unmissable trophy that's not story related. It requires that you kill 500 enemies. It's almost impossible to finish the game without killing 500 enemies, but it's not story related.

• Like 1

I can't think of a situation where it wouldn't be both.

Kill xxx enemies

Do xxx quests

Perform xxx skills

And so on. These things are usually unmissable if the count is low but you cannot categorize them as story trophies :D

Personally, I use Story + Unmissable tags together for story trophies, but that's just me liking the multiple tags :awesome:

As Mango said, it's up to the writer.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Personally, I use Story + Unmissable tags together for story trophies, but that's just me liking the multiple tags :awesome:

As Mango said, it's up to the writer.

imo, I think Story tag should not be together with Unmissable tag since I feel it's unnecessary and redundant because the players can unlock the trophy by reaching certain part of the story (or defeat the boss), however, there are some unique cases which Story and Missable tag should stick together such as "choice-based story trophy" from infamous games.

I also don't like using Unmissable tag if it's impossible to miss the trophy.

From a reader's perspective, I only want to see a few necessary tags ( such as story, missable, and online) on the top page instead of a bunch of tags which make me feel like I need to pay attention to too many trophies.

But yea, as Mango said, it's up to the writer :D

Edited by hasegawa2010

Okay, yeah those are some good examples I didn't think of.  

Anyway, I've submitted the guide to be published and the button seems to have reverted back to unpublished.  Did I do something wrong or is that normal while its under review? 

One can say that every story trophy is unmissable. But not every unmissable trophy is story related.

I'll walking away while you recover from the mind blow.

but what about choice story trophies where you miss out on one and get the other by making a choice.

but what about choice story trophies where you miss out on one and get the other by making a choice.

Yep, there are those too. But since reloading an old save usually lets you get them. I don't really see them as missable. But I guess there are times when this isn't possible.

Hey guys,

got a question.

How can I link a trophy to a other trophy description? 

Example:

A: Finish 1 race        - see trophy C

B: Finish 5 races      - see trophy C

C: Finish 10 races    - guide

Hope you know what i mean^^

If I use the link function, the complete link will be posted. But Í want the name of the trophy.

Hey guys,

got a question.

How can I link a trophy to a other trophy description? 

Example:

A: Finish 1 race        - see trophy C

B: Finish 5 races      - see trophy C

C: Finish 10 races    - guide

Hope you know what i mean^^

If I use the link function, the complete link will be posted. But Í want the name of the trophy.

Are you talking about something like this for the first 2 trophies: 

For details see  :gold: OCD

I just used a random trophy from a guide I worked on recently, but is that the format you want for the link? Just type the trophy name like normal. Then on right hand side of the screen in "Guide Contents", just right-click on the trophy that you want to link to. Select "copy link address". Now highlight that original text (the one you are wanting to make a link) and click on the "Link" function in the editing bar. Just paste that link address you coped into the URL and that's it.

You can check out "Writing a Guide" for some great information. It has a video showing how to do this and much more. The link takes you directly to the section related to your question.

Edited by MStalker58
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

3D Dot game heroes has a trophy for killing an enemy with the sword, it is not story related but it is unmissable as you cannot get through the game without using the sword. i know there are others but that is all i can think of at the moment.

Okay, yeah those are some good examples I didn't think of.  

Anyway, I've submitted the guide to be published and the button seems to have reverted back to unpublished.  Did I do something wrong or is that normal while its under review? 

i was talking to Dragon and he said that the opposite has happen to. i tried to publish a guide and it did not publish so it was not waiting for review and he said:

Yeah, that happens sometimes. I also encounter that when publishing guides or sending them back for revisions and the page reloads, but still says the guide is in review status :facepalm:. It's showing up in the queue now.

• 5 weeks later...

Silly question here so I hope you all don't mind. I just finished my H.A.W.X. 2 guide the other day, only to read the servers are closing in a month. Story of my life right there lol. :( I need to update the guide to mention this. Should I do it in the roadmap area for the online trophies, or should I just put it in the basic information where anyone who reads it will see it?