Gameplay & Trophy Guides on PSNProfiles

Sly Ripper

Wow, this is incredible, we knew it was coming but....wow.

I have never written a guide before, but since this feature is new here, I might help with some games I already completed.

you should take a look at the suggest a guide thread and see if anyone requires a guide for a game you completed :)

Would it be possible to add the number of comments to the guides page next to favourites, rating, and views?

If a guide has comments it already displays the number of comments right there.

For example, this guide has 7 comments and it says it right there at the top-right:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/115-Brothers-A-Tale-of-Two-Sons-Trophy-Guide

EDIT: Ohh, you mean displaying the number of comments on the main guides page inside each "thumbnail" info box thing? I mean I don't know if that's entirely necessary information at all for someone searching for guides though.

Edited by BlindMango

If a guide has comments it already displays the number of comments right there.

For example, this guide has 7 comments and it says it right there at the top-right:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/115-Brothers-A-Tale-of-Two-Sons-Trophy-Guide

EDIT: Ohh, you mean displaying the number of comments on the main guides page inside each "thumbnail" info box thing? I mean I don't know if that's entirely necessary information at all for someone searching for guides though.

It's not necessary at all but it will show what guides have had feedback which will mean they've likely been improved a bit since being published.

• Like 2

Hey there, I've written my guide a couple of days ago and it's still in the "Awaiting Review" phase. Is there something wrong with my guide? Or are there lots of guides to review?

There's 20+ guides awaiting review right now, as long as it does say awaiting review, it will get reviewed and either published or put back to unpublished with a comment of what to fix.

There's 20+ guides awaiting review right now, as long as it does say awaiting review, it will get reviewed and either published or put back to unpublished with a comment of what to fix.

Hey Sly, the blue guide contents arrow doesn't work for the Vanquish guide, lol

Edit: That guide was taken down.

Edited by BlindMango

Two questions -

Do added contributors have the power to publish the guide or is it only the person who started it?

Do you need permission for use of Youtube videos from the creators or can you just write that it is their video?

I've just changed it so only the owner can.

No, if the creator doesn't want them to be embedded then they can disable it.

• Like 1