Gameplay & Trophy Guides on PSNProfiles

Sly Ripper

I created a guide for Fort Defense on the Vita about a month ago and it still remains unpublished, any chance of any feedback on what needs changing if anything before it is published. :)

Erm... your guide is not up for review atm, that's why no TGT member was looking at it. When your guide is finished, go to guide settings and put it up for review.

• Like 1

Love the guides but I do miss tips. Often I'm only having trouble with one or two troublesome trophies in a game once I get them I'd love to leave a tip on how I accomplished it but I know I won't write an entire guide for 50 or so trophies because I want to help out with one. I'm sure a lot of people will think this way. Not putting down the guides at all, I think they are awesome. It will lessen the amount of full help given I think though. It would be nice if we could have a best of both worlds kind of deal.

Love the guides but I do miss tips. Often I'm only having trouble with one or two troublesome trophies in a game once I get them I'd love to leave a tip on how I accomplished it but I know I won't write an entire guide for 50 or so trophies because I want to help out with one. I'm sure a lot of people will think this way. Not putting down the guides at all, I think they are awesome. It will lessen the amount of full help given I think though. It would be nice if we could have a best of both worlds kind of deal.

yea that is a problem, i wrote 2 good trophy tips and i wouldve written more. just not gonna write a whole guide for 1 trophy. but yea the best of both worlds, maybe there can be a way to have both.

an example would be adding comments or 'TIPS' on certain trophies in a guide that is already published would be pretty cool, just to see some other ways people have obtained that trophy in their own experience.

Edited by X_RaceKing_X

Would it be possible to add a spell checker to the guides? I use both Firefox and Chrome and when I browse the forums my spell check works fine, but when I'm creating a guide it doesn't work. I routinely think faster than my hands can type and that leaves some words misspelled or a letter out of place somewhere and it would be much easier to spot if spell check was enabled. 

If it is something on my end do you know of any way to fix it with my browser? 

Parker

• Like 1

Would it be possible to add a spell checker to the guides? I use both Firefox and Chrome and when I browse the forums my spell check works fine, but when I'm creating a guide it doesn't work. I routinely think faster than my hands can type and that leaves some words misspelled or a letter out of place somewhere and it would be much easier to spot if spell check was enabled. 

If it is something on my end do you know of any way to fix it with my browser? 

Parker

The editor for guides isn't a "normal" text entry field so it isn't "recognizable" by a browser, what I usually do is switch my tip to the Source/HTML view (button on the left) and look for red misspell lines there when I'm done typing =P

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

The editor for guides isn't a "normal" text entry field so it isn't "recognizable" by a browser, what I usually do is switch my tip to the Source/HTML view (button on the left) and look for red misspell lines there when I'm done typing =P

Browsers are quite capable of spell checking in rich text fields, so that's definitely not the reason.  For example, spell check is working for me in this rich text editor in Firefox.  The guides are using CKEditor which disables spell check by default.    Fortunately, it's an easy fix.

http://docs.ckeditor.com/#!/guide/dev_spellcheck

Create a forum thread:

"Difficult Trophy #12: Guide"

Someone will find it and appreciate it.

This new guide system is very cool.I realy like it.To bad I can't do this on the vita.I started making a gtav guide thinking it will take me an hour or two but I was way wrong.Now I'm just waiting for the morning to come so I can conitnue.I wrote a paragraph on the vita but when i pressed save,it dissapeared.Magic

Edited by abcmdwtj

This new guide system is very cool.I realy like it.To bad I can't do this on the vita.I started making a gtav guide thinking it will take me an hour or two but I was way wrong.Now I'm just waiting for the morning to come so I can conitnue.I wrote a paragraph on the vita but when i pressed save,it dissapeared.Magic

Devices such as PS Vita, iPad's and tablets aren't fully supported. Its best to write a guide on a PC/Mac itself.

To bad I can't do this on the vita.I started making a gtav guide thinking it will take me an hour or two but I was way wrong.

guides will always take over that (well except for paint park plus). Especially something with as much depth as GTA5 - I'm not sure it would have got past TGT.

Is there any way to undo/cancel a trophy guide? ( I'm sorry for the silly question, I really can't find the option to cancel it ) I decided to start a second trophy guide ( already completed one, just waiting for an approval ) for a game but I noticed that game has already a published guide, and well written to add! Don't really think it is necessary to finish mine now as it really won't add much.

How can i make a trophy guide? xD

I don't see anything to begin with here in the website, i am in school, and i don't have much time to look for, but if someone tell me, when i get home i will see the message xD

Go to your PSN profile. Click on any game you want to make a guide for (from your list of games). On the right side there will be a green button that says 'Create a trophy or gameplay guide'.

• Like 1