Borderlands 2 Ps Vita

oVinylScratcho

What is your source for the release date?

Link please?

Did some searching, and came up with this

http://www.vg247.com...-date-revealed/

which probably is incorrect, the Vita bundle has a late May release date on Amazon, and I doubt they'd space those that far apart.  Plus they actually said it was incorrect, which I doubt they'd do unless it was delayed, which would fit with the May timeframe.

Edited by Sonic

• 1 month later...

hmm, me neither, got the game from plus but must download first to try the crossplay (and looks like it's going to take forever lol)

Borderlands 2 was removed from PS+ by the time I signed up for it.

The only downside is you have to buy it twice, once for PS Vita and once for PS3, good thing it came free with the PS Vita bundle including all DLCs.

Edited by Shaun

So no separate lists?

Nope since its not necessary because the PS Vita & PS3 version share the same trophy set.

I wouldn't ever recommend getting the PS Vita version as it is terribly hard to play.  I plan at some point to get the PS3 version as the PS Vita version sucks.

Nope since its not necessary because the PS Vita & PS3 version share the same trophy set.

I wouldn't ever recommend getting the PS Vita version as it is terribly hard to play.  I plan at some point to get the PS3 version as the PS Vita version sucks.

\ It's hard play but you get used to it after a while.

\ It's hard play but you get used to it after a while.

I can never get used to that since I already deleted it off of my Vita and the actual game itself hasn't released yet, it will release May 13th, 2014.

I would avoid the PS Vita version of Borderlands 2 at all costs, get the PS3 or other none handheld version (PC/Xbox 360) instead.

Edited by Shaun

I remember hearing the developers say all the trophies stack between versions.

Shared trophy set, why else would it be Cross-Play & Cross-Save?

They don't stack you're just able to earn the same trophies on both handheld & console versions just once you earn a trophy you can't earn that again on either version since they'er shared.

Shared trophy set, why else would it be Cross-Play & Cross-Save?

They don't stack you're just able to earn the same trophies on both handheld & console versions just once you earn a trophy you can't earn that again on either version since they'er shared.

I disagree. I remember reading an article, and it SPECIFICALLY said the that for example you could earn all the trophies on the Vita, play the PS3 version and once you synced the progress, all trophies you had earned on the Vita would pop.

I disagree. I remember reading an article, and it SPECIFICALLY said the that for example you could earn all the trophies on the Vita, play the PS3 version and once you synced the progress, all trophies you had earned on the Vita would pop.

Well I wouldn't know anything about that since I don't own the PS3 version because its not Cross-Buy and I may just skip on it entirely.  I didn't really l like what I played to begin with I mean dieing several times right at the start of the game is pretty retarded.

Edited by Shaun

Well I wouldn't know anything about that since I don't own the PS3 version because its not Cross-Buy and I may just skip on it entirely.  I didn't really l like what I played to begin with I mean dieing several times right at the start of the game is pretty retarded.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've never played Borderlands before, but I want a top-notch game on my Vita, so I'm looking forward to trying it. If I like it and plat it, I'll probably get the PS3 version for the trophies. lol 

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've never played Borderlands before, but I want a top-notch game on my Vita, so I'm looking forward to trying it. If I like it and plat it, I'll probably get the PS3 version for the trophies. lol 

My main issue with the Vita release is the poor controls you have to use the rear touch pad for two actions as rear left is run and rear right is melee and it is every easy to press them without even meaning to so it gets very, very annoying when you're fighting an enemy and you hit either run or melee while you're trying to shoot it.

I have the Slim PS Vita (that is what you get with the Borderlands 2 PS Vita bundle) so there is no Power Grip out for it yet its used to make it feel more like a controller which might give me a better experience with the Vita release but since it came free with the Vita slim bundle I can just download it again later on when Sony or 3rd partys brings out a Power Grip that works on the Slim.

I uploaded my character (Cross-Save) before I deleted the game from my Vita.

My main issue with the Vita release is the poor controls you have to use the rear touch pad for two actions as rear left is run and rear right is melee and it is every easy to press them without even meaning to so it gets very, very annoying when you're fighting an enemy and you hit either run or melee while you're trying to shoot it.

I have the Slim PS Vita (that is what you get with the Borderlands 2 PS Vita bundle) so there is no Power Grip out for it yet its used to make it feel more like a controller which might give me a better experience with the Vita release but since it came free with the Vita slim bundle I can just download it again later on when Sony or 3rd partys brings out a Power Grip that works on the Slim.

I uploaded my character (Cross-Save) before I deleted the game from my Vita.

That makes alot of sense. Is the LCD screen that bad compared to the OLED? It really sounds like a downgrade to me. What are your thoughts? Also good move on backing up your save! ;)

That makes alot of sense. Is the LCD screen that bad compared to the OLED? It really sounds like a downgrade to me. What are your thoughts? Also good move on backing up your save! ;)

I've never owned the original Vita before so I can't comment on that but I do know them switching from OLED to LCD causes the battery life to take a hit as the LCD screen eats up power faster then OLED but LCD doesn't have the burn in issue like the OLED does (found that out recently via PSN Profiles chat).

I think they advertise the Slim PS Vita with a longer battery life but I think that is false advertisement as the LCD screen eats up battery life much faster then OLED.