NG+ (lost access to showdowns) SOLVED

HedleyNEUK

Hey,

I've cleared the main game save with everything for the Plat, just needing max level, so started NG+. It said prior to starting that all progress bar main story transferred, it even specifically said progress for showdowns would remain, but now in NG+ i dont have access to those fights :( (Will need them for 100%)

Im safely presuming that i now have to replay all of NG+ to clear the casefiles and story to get access to them, or will they just reappear at a certain point

Ive really mixed feelings on this game, so not keen to do a whole second playthrough, as will likely reach level 40 during case file 3, is there any way i can reload where i left my main game save?

Hope that makes sense

Edited by HedleyNEUK

Unfortunately you have to complete the game fully, as Talia's fight is unlocked after the ending, as well as the specific Case Files for each of the side bosses. Also I don't think it's possible to revert back to your original New Game file once you start NG+. But I don't think your Power Level can be high enough to comfortable beat the showdown bosses anyway on New Game solo.

A work around, if you don't want to play the game through again, is if you know someone or create a boosting session you can join someone who has the Showdown boss fights available and obtain the trophies as player 2 without having to unlock the boss fights yourself.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

Unfortunately you have to complete the game fully, as Talia's fight is unlocked after the ending, as well as the specific Case Files for each of the side bosses. Also I don't think it's possible to revert back to your original New Game file once you start NG+. But I don't think your Power Level can be high enough to comfortable beat the showdown bosses anyway on New Game solo.

A work around, if you don't want to play the game through again, is if you know someone or create a boosting session you can join someone who has the Showdown boss fights available and obtain the trophies as player 2 without having to unlock the boss fights yourself.

Thanks, tbh your response is confirming what i had already suspected

I'm mostly annoyed as i had grinded out on the main game save so that i had a set of Level 60 Legendary Suit/Melee/ranged, with level 60 mod chips, which put me above the recommended power for the showdowns, and i had only gone onto NG+ as the information message was clear stating that all showdown progress would carry over. Likely a misinterpretation on my part though so can only really fault myself

Looks like im smashing the full NG+ out then :D

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HedleyNEUK said:

I'm mostly annoyed as i had grinded out on the main game save so that i had a set of Level 60 Legendary Suit/Melee/ranged, with level 60 mod chips, which put me above the recommended power for the showdowns, and i had only gone onto NG+ as the information message was clear stating that all showdown progress would carry over. Likely a misinterpretation on my part though so can only really fault myself

You could also try to do the showdowns in co-op. If you find someone with access to the showdowns, you wouldnt have to replay the game.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HedleyNEUK said:

Definitely not a misinterpretation, it said that. I just stated NG+ and they’ve gone for me too! 

UPDATE: After turning the game off to eat and coming back to it, the showdowns have reappeared. 

Edited by GAZDAN
Update
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, GAZDAN said:

Definitely not a misinterpretation, it said that. I just stated NG+ and they’ve gone for me too! 

UPDATE: After turning the game off to eat and coming back to it, the showdowns have reappeared. 

Weirdly i just came back on to update with the same, once id got to around case 3 i noticed they had reappeared. Managed to smash them all out first attempt too, so onto Heroic Assault for 100% :D

6 hours ago, HedleyNEUK said:

Weirdly i just came back on to update with the same, once id got to around case 3 i noticed they had reappeared. Managed to smash them all out first attempt too, so onto Heroic Assault for 100% :D

Good effort! I haven’t even attempted them yet ? 

EDIT: Doing them all first time too until the Clayface fight. It’s not him, it’s the fucking stupid Batcycle section I keep failing ?‍♂️ 

EDIT 2: So after getting past the Batcycle section, it was plain sailing! Without that section I would have done them all first time. Nothing particularly difficult other than the Batcycle section as it’s cheap af ? 

Edited by GAZDAN
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

Hmm, I don't see the Showdown "trophies" inside my Belfry. I created my NG+ before the Heroic Assault update came out though, maybe that's why? =(

you will probably be fine, it was the same for me then after progressing the story a bit to level up further (in NG+) they then reappeared in the belfry for me 

• 1 month later...
On 19/02/2023 at 4:11 PM, HedleyNEUK said:

you will probably be fine, it was the same for me then after progressing the story a bit to level up further (in NG+) they then reappeared in the belfry for me 

Sorry but how far do you need to progress for the trophies to show again? Not sure what triggers the Showdowns to reappear ?.

I keep closing the game but nothing happens :(

On 22/03/2023 at 10:25 AM, samy002 said:

Sorry but how far do you need to progress for the trophies to show again? Not sure what triggers the Showdowns to reappear 1f914.png.

I keep closing the game but nothing happens :(

I was replaying the story missions towards level 40 and noticed they had reappeared whilst doing that, was upto around the Harley Quinn case file i think

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've still to get some combat specific trophies like

Defeat 30 mob mommies

Defeat 40 talons, 25 gladiators

Defeat 10 man-bats

Gonna try knock the remaining ones out in HA but I've been specifically told not to start a Ng+ with those remaining. Probably not gonna go for the full 100% but this is good to know. 

• 7 months later...

So started my NG+ before I read further on and lost the showdown in the belfry, completed the Harley fight and that is now in the Belfry but no other fight is, guess I have to grind the entire story again.  Also they are super overpowered so how do you get to their lvls to beat them?

edit: closed the game and restarted it and now all showdowns are in the belfry, but question still stands, how do you get more powerful to fight the villains in showdown

Edited by sponge0812

20 hours ago, sponge0812 said:

So started my NG+ before I read further on and lost the showdown in the belfry, completed the Harley fight and that is now in the Belfry but no other fight is, guess I have to grind the entire story again.  Also they are super overpowered so how do you get to their lvls to beat them?

edit: closed the game and restarted it and now all showdowns are in the belfry, but question still stands, how do you get more powerful to fight the villains in showdown

I got a lot of better power stuff from doing the stupid Heroic Assault levels, from memory i had my power pretty much at the recommended for each showdown. Found them tough solo but managable once you learnt the strats. I used a decent Red Hood build