Hitman 3 becomes Hitman: World on Assassination on January 26, but what does this mean for Hitman 1 & 2?

POEman553

So IO Interactive announced this:

Hitman 3 becomes Hitman: World of Assassination

And it will serve as a single point of entry for purchase. The question is what does this mean for Hitman 1 & 2? Will I still be able to load those individual games up and earn trophies on them?

I'm hoping it won't mean they'll be unobtainable.....if so, I need to get started on Hitman 1 & 2 and get the 100%s on them.

EDIT: As noted in the post below, it should be fine for Hitman 1 & 2 as long as you have the DLCs before January 26. They won't be accessible after January 26 if you haven't already purchased them.

EDIT2: This post in Server Shutdown thread explains how 'simple' it is to own the various versions on Hitman. I've seen network engineering diagrams that were easier to figure out (not blaming the poster, thanks to him for providing the information, just blaming IO Interactive for making it needlessly complicated).

Edited by POEman553
  • Like 3

"An important detail that we want to be clear about amongst these changes, is that we’re removing the standalone HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 products from sale on all platforms. If you already own these games, you’ll still be able to access them in the exact same way that you do today. Of course, the majority of the content included in these games remains playable through HITMAN World of Assassination, with all of the improvements that were introduced with HITMAN 3."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Floorkiller74 said:

"An important detail that we want to be clear about amongst these changes, is that we’re removing the standalone HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 products from sale on all platforms. If you already own these games, you’ll still be able to access them in the exact same way that you do today. Of course, the majority of the content included in these games remains playable through HITMAN World of Assassination, with all of the improvements that were introduced with HITMAN 3."

RIP Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 stacks for those who haven't purchased them/won't before they get taken from the stores. 

• Like 3

Even if you’ve purchased Hitman 1 and/or 2, check that your add-ons are actually claimed/purchased rather than available for “free.” Once they’re gone you won’t be able to claim them using the PS Store. You’ll have to use the in-game store, assuming everything still works on the old launchers.

• Like 4

So I've just watched a video from MisterFreeze2266 saying that IO plan to integrate Hitman 1, 2 and 3 into a single game called 'Hitman: World of assassination'. I have no idea what this means for the trophy lists, like will it change on the list individually from Hitman 1, Hitman 2 and Hitman 3 into one singular Trophy list such as 'Hitman: World of assassination'?. He also says in the video that the option to buy Hitman 1, 2 and 3 will be gone from Digital stores (The physicals will be fine to use on their own so don't worry) and onwards from January 26 there will be just one game to buy digitally called 'Hitman: World of assassination'. Thoughts?

• Like 2

I don't have Hitman III so I'm possibly speaking out of my ass here and please do correct me if I am wrong but couldn't the content of the previous two games be played in Hitman III anyway? This strikes me as just an all-in-one package so folks don't go buying the three games separately. If there's a new list though that'll be cool, I guess.

EDIT: Oh the thread I posted this in got merged into another one. All okay now folks, no need to quote me please don't be sending me notifications oh god please no

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 3

I’d be very surprised if it was a new trophy list or executable.

My guess is that the big content update for Hitman 3 that includes the new roguelike mode etc. will also patch in a change in the game image and title, rebranding the existing Hitman 3 with the new title.

After that, it will just be a case of removing the old games from the digital stores - as 99% of all previous content is already playable in Hitman 3, and has been since its release.

• Like 4

Hitman 3 having the other games be accessible from within means it's sort of been the one-stop-shop it's now officially being rebranded as, since release. My hope for the big switch-up is that they add additional trophies from the first two games and really use up those 32 DLC slots they have (whether on top of Hitman 3's trophy list(s) or as a new "Hitman World of Assassination Trilogy Collection" stack)

I'd be more than thrilled to do these trophies (for a fourth time)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

My guess is that the big content update for Hitman 3 that includes the new roguelike mode etc. will also patch in a change in the game image and title, rebranding the existing Hitman 3 with the new title.

But how will this effect your scientific ranking??? How will the name change be handled?!?

• Like 1

Just now, breakingthegreen said:

But how will this effect your scientific ranking??? How will the name change be handled?!1f631.png

Good point! ?

I guess there will be a chance to update during the scientific re-evaluation when the new mode comes along…

…though regardless of how good that new mode is, the game will have a tough time moving upwards in the ranking! ?

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Zid960 said:

But aren't there disk versions of them. Meaning you can still get them physically.

Correct, all 3 have retail releases but I believe only the first game has a complete edition, though some of the content is code only so make sure to buy it new.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

All 3 games are basically already in Hitman 3 since launch, even down to the main menu letting you go through all levels from all 3 games. The Hitman 3 trophy list has trophies for nearly all levels going back to the first game as well. So I doubt there will be any huge changes besides the title and how the levels from the 1st and 2nd game are sold.

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Correct, all 3 have retail releases but I believe only the first game has a complete edition.

This is not true, the Hitman 2016 have "complete edition" on disc, but its content is blocked behind a redeemable code on a voucher. They did it on both releases:

- Hitman 2016 - The Complete First Season on disc - has a voucher to download bonus missions (Landslide, The Icon, A House Build on Sand) - they are needed for 100% - for trophies in DLC PACK 4 and DLC PACK 8

- Hitman 2016 - Definitive Edition on disc is even worse - it has a voucher to download THE LAST CAMPAIGN MISSION (yes..) - (Episode 6: Hokkaido, + bonus missions: Landslide, The Icon, A House Build on Sand + Last Mission of Patient Zero bonus campaign). I WILL REPEAT: THE LAST MISSION OF THE MAIN CAMPAIGN IS NOT ON DISC OF "DEFINITIVE EDITION". Last Mission Trophies are in DLC PACK 7. Bonus Mission trophies are in DLC PACK 4 and DLC PACK 8. Whole Patient Zero campaign is also not on disc, there are only 3 stages on disc - its last stage is also dowloadable. Patient Zero campaign does not have any tropies.

So when you will buy this game on disc pre owned you are screwed :o

Edited by Kristmas2
  • Like 2

The simple of it all - if you want as many Hitman trophies and stacks as possible - own as much of the content on 1&2 before they are delisted AND don’t rebuy them for 3 which lists these as legacy content. You get free access to the first two games in Hitman 3, some of it is remastered. You first need to claim the dlc you own later games in the game menus in the game menus. for example Hitman 2 menus claim the owner Hitman 1 content, Hitman 3 menus claim anything previously owned. Just have an IO account before doing this.
Not sure if PSN would recognize it the same because the 1&2 content for 3 on PSTORE is listed as Hitman 3 dlc. Buying them that way won’t give access to the same content on the previous games. I made that mistake already and was refunded haha it might confuse people now because H3 has all that legacy Trilogy content on sale currently for just over $20. Only buy that pack if you don’t plan to own the first two games individually.

last note - Hitman 3 has a save file carry over from Hitman 2. Unlocks and trophies can auto pop the 2 content onto Hitman 3’s trophy lists. Those two are specifically mentioned so don’t think the 1st game does the same.

• Like 2