Hitman 3 becomes Hitman: World on Assassination on January 26, but what does this mean for Hitman 1 & 2?

POEman553

1 hour ago, Kristmas2 said:

This is not true, the Hitman 2016 have "complete edition" on disc, but its content is blocked behind a redeemable code on a voucher. They did it on both releases:

- Hitman 2016 - The Complete First Season on disc - has a voucher to download bonus missions (Landslide, The Icon, A House Build on Sand) - they are needed for 100% - for trophies in DLC PACK 4 and DLC PACK 8

- Hitman 2016 - Definitive Edition on disc is even worse - it has a voucher to download THE LAST CAMPAIGN MISSION (yes..) - (Episode 6: Hokkaido, + bonus missions: Landslide, The Icon, A House Build on Sand + Last Mission of Patient Zero bonus campaign). I WILL REPEAT: THE LAST MISSION OF THE MAIN CAMPAIGN IS NOT ON DISC OF "DEFINITIVE EDITION". Last Mission Trophies are in DLC PACK 7. Bonus Mission trophies are in DLC PACK 4 and DLC PACK 8. Whole Patient Zero campaign is also not on disc, there are only 3 stages on disc - its last stage is also dowloadable. Patient Zero campaign does not have any tropies.

So when you will buy this game on disc pre owned you are screwed :o

Just buy the Game of the Year version or upgrade and you have it all. Likely the cheapest option and easier than hunting a sealed copy. I can confirm as all that content is downloading now from the game menus.

• Like 2

My question now is the following:

Will they remove the ability to buy dlc expansion for the previous standalone versions (hitman 1 & 2)?

For example i don't own the HITMAN™ 2 - Expansion Pass (playstation.com) right now. When they deliste the game will i be able to still buy this DLC. Its seems that people could stay with missing trophies. I am reading this right?

They always refer you can play those level within hitman 3 but you could always to that already. but never mention the ability to buy dlc for the delisted versions

Edited by leandroxpto

I checked my Hitman purchases and how i can find in ps store - HITMAN Bonus Episode: Landslide and HITMAN Bonus Episode: The Icon & A House Built on Sand ? On my download list i see only Hitman Summer Bonus Episode(8.1gb). Or some episodes was added free with updates?Thanks for the answer

to play it safe. i would buy any DLC for those games as they will likely be removed (anything from hitman 2 especially)

think i lost 20$ when i bought some of the missing things oh well.

also would like to know about the bonus episodes, going through download list for 1st game i'm not seeing areas for those 2.

Edited by Lordguwa

I highly recommend doing the co-op sniper assassin trophies before January 26th to be extra safe. Since it's basically dead, they could shut that down at any time now since hitman 2 won't be purchasable after that date. They did it before with ghost assassin for hitman 2. 

• Like 1

Anyone knows if i buy this one : HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 2 Expansion (playstation.com)  .The access pass on hitman 3 that gives you access to hitman 2 expansion.

Do i unlock the previous game version ? HITMAN™ 2 - Expansion Pass (playstation.com) or it just works the other way around? 

Because the other one is currently in promo and the other is still 40 euro in my store region

On 03/01/2023 at 8:08 PM, MonaSaxPayne said:

if I were to purchase this new rebranded hitman 3, would I still be able to get 100%? (I don'y have any of the earlier H1/2 content)

In short, yes.

It was confirmed before that 1+2 can be played in HITMAN 3 with enhanced graphics.

as for trophies I believe they are all the same across all games, 1+2 have the same trophies and HITMAN 3 is probably all of them together with the main game is the third with Platinum trophy and 1+2 are the DLC's.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, leandroxpto said:

Anyone knows if i buy this one : HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 2 Expansion (playstation.com)  .The access pass on hitman 3 that gives you access to hitman 2 expansion.

Do i unlock the previous game version ? HITMAN™ 2 - Expansion Pass (playstation.com) or it just works the other way around? 

Because the other one is currently in promo and the other is still 40 euro in my store region

No, it does not.

- If you buy HITMAN™ 2 - Expansion Pass (a dlc for Hitman 2 PS4 game), you will get its Hitman 3 access pass for free.

- if you buy Hitman 3 Access Pass - it will get you only an access pass for this content from the Hitman 3 launcher (its basically a dlc for Hitman 3 game).

So it's better to buy dlc for Hitman 2, that way you get more things :) Buying Hitman 1 works the same way - it is better to buy PS4 game and get Hitman 3 dlc for free than buy only Hitman 3 dlc :)

Edited by Kristmas2
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kristmas2 said:

No, it does not.

- If you buy HITMAN2122.png 2 - Expansion Pass (a dlc for Hitman 2 PS4 game), you will get its Hitman 3 access pass for free.

- if you buy Hitman 3 Access Pass - it will get you only an access pass for this content from the Hitman 3 launcher (its basically a dlc for Hitman 3 game).

So it's better to buy dlc for Hitman 2, that way you get more things :) Buying Hitman 1 works the same way - it is better to buy PS4 game and get Hitman 3 dlc for free than buy only Hitman 3 dlc :)

Do you know if the same applies to the HITMAN Trilogy Premium Add-Ons Bundle?

30 minutes ago, FnlD said:

Do you know if the same applies to the HITMAN Trilogy Premium Add-Ons Bundle?

On steam it only includes ACCESS PASSES for HITMAN 3, no DLC for Hitman 1 or Hitman 2:

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/24062/HITMAN_Trilogy_Premium_AddOns_Bundle/

same on XBOX:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/hitman-trilogy-premium-add-ons-bundle/9mtbw414kk0j

I guess, that if you want to get 100% in Hitman 2, you need to buy:

https://store.playstation.com/pt-pt/product/EP3969-CUSA12414_00-0000SEASONPASSH2

Edited by Kristmas2
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 2:30 PM, leandroxpto said:

My question now is the following:

Will they remove the ability to buy dlc expansion for the previous standalone versions (hitman 1 & 2)?

For example i don't own the HITMAN™ 2 - Expansion Pass (playstation.com) right now. When they deliste the game will i be able to still buy this DLC. Its seems that people could stay with missing trophies. I am reading this right?

They always refer you can play those level within hitman 3 but you could always to that already. but never mention the ability to buy dlc for the delisted versions

It is very likely that the Expansion Pass will be delisted too. I will wait until the 19th, when there should be new sales, and hopefully it goes on sale. But, get 40 money ready in case you have to buy it full price. It seems like a lot for 4 maps but otherwise the 100% will not be obtainable.

On 4/1/2023 at 5:42 PM, Lordguwa said:

to play it safe. i would buy any DLC for those games as they will likely be removed (anything from hitman 2 especially)

think i lost 20$ when i bought some of the missing things oh well.

also would like to know about the bonus episodes, going through download list for 1st game i'm not seeing areas for those 2.

On 4/1/2023 at 4:16 PM, pavelbagirov said:

I checked my Hitman purchases and how i can find in ps store - HITMAN Bonus Episode: Landslide and HITMAN Bonus Episode: The Icon & A House Built on Sand ? On my download list i see only Hitman Summer Bonus Episode(8.1gb). Or some episodes was added free with updates?Thanks for the answer

Same issue for me. I only see Summer bonus missions, it's 8 GB, and it shows only 2 different arts on the store, despite them being 3 missions and the image for the dlcs in the trophy lists here showing 3 as well. But, I found this thread and I can confirm they are there. You can access the bonus missions via the Sapienza and Marrakesh maps. 

Edited by tony_snake_24
typo

I only own the definitive edition of the first Hitman game on PS4 but do want the whole trilogy, I want all/as much game play content (missions/levels, not too fussed about costumes/skins) as possible so what is the best thing for me to do in this instance? I'm not fussed about maxing the amount of platinums, I only want as much content from the entire trilogy as possible.

I would assume the best option for me would be to wait and just buy this new version of Hitman 3 (and ditch the 1st game whch I already have) but I'm not sure if it comes with everything?

Edited by savageamusement

27 minutes ago, Sicho said:

they might do this like Mass Effect Legendary Edition.

A trophy list for each title plus a little trophy list for the compilation.

It is just going to keep the same list, except now you no longer have to buy the H1 or H2 DLC for H3 or own H1 or H2.

I assume Hitman 1 and 2 get delisted, so you can't get all the trophies there anymore (don't know if there are any discs that include all maps). I assume hitman 3 will be the only available game left, but with easier ways to get the hitman 1 and 2 maps (dlc trophies for the hitman 3 list)

14 minutes ago, westersburg said:

I assume Hitman 1 and 2 get delisted, so you can't get all the trophies there anymore (don't know if there are any discs that include all maps). I assume hitman 3 will be the only available game left, but with easier ways to get the hitman 1 and 2 maps (dlc trophies for the hitman 3 list)

Hitman 1 has 2 different complete edition retail discs but they both have varying amounts of DLC that are code only so ensure you get a sealed copy.

• 2 weeks later...

What I'm curious about is if the IOI servers will remain online for Hitman 1 and 2 so anyone who still has the original games can access the Contracts and unlock Challenges. I'm still not sure if World of Assassination will end up allowing Hitman 1+2 trophies to pop on the original trophy list or if it will end up being another trophy list altogether. 

On 2023-01-23 at 2:49 PM, dakk55 said:

What I'm curious about is if the IOI servers will remain online for Hitman 1 and 2 so anyone who still has the original games can access the Contracts and unlock Challenges. I'm still not sure if World of Assassination will end up allowing Hitman 1+2 trophies to pop on the original trophy list or if it will end up being another trophy list altogether. 

I highly, highly doubt the WoA will unlock trophies in their original lists.