How is this game ?

GMZ

I'd like to know before i get into this game since i am not into Japanese visual novels, i bought it and i thought it's similar to Telltale games but it seems it's more like a visual novel style, so i thought i am going to enjoy it if it's like Telltale games but if it's not, do you guys think it's better than Telltale games ? or if i am not into visual novels should i stay away from it ?

• Like 1

It's the third installment of the Zero Escape trilogy and I'm assuming you haven't played 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors and Virtue's Last Reward (both are VNs). It also isn't a visual novel but more a movie that's interrupted by escape the room puzzles and decision making. Finally, the vast majority of Zero Escape fans, myself included, are in agreement that Zero Time Dilemma is a bad game. Even if you aren't into VNs I'd recommend the first two games because they're great. They're in a bundle titled The Nonary Games. 

1 minute ago, MandA60VISE said:

It's the third installment of the Zero Escape trilogy and I'm assuming you haven't played 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors and Virtue's Last Reward (both are VNs). It also isn't a visual novel but more a movie that's interrupted by escape the room puzzles and decision making. Finally, the vast majority of Zero Escape fans, myself included, are in agreement that Zero Time Dilemma is a bad game. Even if you aren't into VNs I'd recommend the first two games because they're great. They're in a bundle titled The Nonary Games. 

I do also have The Nonary Games, so you definitely recommend me to go for that series, i still don't have the vita title but if it's worth it then i'd look for it.

It's a visual novel mystery with escape room puzzles, though it's also the 3rd game in a series with a shared narrative, the Zero Escape series. I wouldn't really recommend starting with the finale of the series first. Zero Escape: Nonary Games has the first 2 games in a bundle (999 and Virtue's Last Reward). I would really recommend playing those before Zero Time Dilemma. The story is quite good and the escape room puzzles help break up the narrative so that it's not just endless dialogue, but they often also serve the narrative in other ways.

999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (1st game) was originally released on Nintendo DS

Virtue's Last Reward (2nd game) was originally released on Vita

Zero Time Dilemma (3rd game) was also originally released on the vita.

Then the first two games were remastered and packaged together as the Zero Escape: The Nonary Games for PS4 and Vita. At the same time Zero Time Dilemma was also ported to PS4.

So to play the entire series all you need is a copy of the Nonary Games bundle and Zero Time Dilemma on any combination of PS4 or Vita as copies from different platforms share one trophy list. I guess if you REALLY like it and want to play through it again, you could get Virtue's Last Reward on vita as it has its own trophy list.

Edit: I would agree Zero Time Dilemma is the least of the 3 games, but I wouldn't agree that's it's not worth playing, I enjoyed my time with it and I was a big fan of the first 2 games having played 999 originally on DS and I purchased a vita just to play the sequel.

Edited by Guardian_owl

I consider it to be a step down from the rest of the series- the characters aren't as strong or memorable (one of the teams consists of a boy, a serial killer and her slimy, sycophantic creep of a boyfriend, and they're extremely obnoxious as a group to be around, I spent every moment with those three wishing I could skip those parts.)
It's also weirdly violent for no reason, which is a very odd choice as the previous games were nowhere near as gratuitous with the gore, and the ending isn't remotely satisfying. I guess we should be grateful this series got a conclusion at all but I can't say this was a good one.

15 hours ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

I do also have The Nonary Games, so you definitely recommend me to go for that series, i still don't have the vita title but if it's worth it then i'd look for it.

If you own The Nonary Games then you don't need the Vita game because that's Virtue's Last Reward which is in The Nonary Games.