Keidah

Disc upgrade at all?

7 posts in this topic

Given there’s no physical PS5 version, does the PS4 disc give an upgrade or not? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5-1-2023 at 8:45 PM, Keidah said:

Given there’s no physical PS5 version, does the PS4 disc give an upgrade or not? 


I'm talking to Microids support for awhile now about Marsupilami disc upgrade not working and I also added the Asterix&Obelix games to the conversation. They said earlier all Asterix&Obelix games would also receive a free PS5 upgrade from PS4 disc. This was their last reply from January 9:

 

Quote

Dear <name>,

 

Thank you for your message.

There is currently no additional information on when it will be fixed. We understand that this is frustrating and we can only invite you to check from time to time. The team is informed and is working together with Sony to fix it.

 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

 

Best regards,
Customer support Microids


The free PS5 upgrades from PS4 disc for games published by Microids and that currently work (to my knowledge) are all ones that had the free upgrade on release:

- The Smurfs: Mission Vileaf

- Garfield Lasagna Party

- Asterix & Obelix XXXL The ram from Hibernia

Edit: I can pre-order PS5 disc version from the Asterix & Obelix games at my local retailer and they are set to release on 7 February.

Edited by Kolm
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so any news on this one poped the xxl2 and 3 disc in today and still nothing

On 18/1/2023 at 5:27 PM, Kolm said:


I'm talking to Microids support for awhile now about Marsupilami disc upgrade not working and I also added the Asterix&Obelix games to the conversation. They said earlier all Asterix&Obelix games would also receive a free PS5 upgrade from PS4 disc. This was their last reply from January 9:

 


The free PS5 upgrades from PS4 disc for games published by Microids and that currently work (to my knowledge) are all ones that had the free upgrade on release:

- The Smurfs: Mission Vileaf

- Garfield Lasagna Party

- Asterix & Obelix XXXL The ram from Hibernia

Edit: I can pre-order PS5 disc version from the Asterix & Obelix games at my local retailer and they are set to release on 7 February.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14-2-2023 at 8:40 AM, A210221100 said:

so any news on this one poped the xxl2 and 3 disc in today and still nothing

 


I just tried all of them again and they're still not working.

Guess I'll mail again :( 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14-2-2023 at 8:40 AM, A210221100 said:

so any news on this one poped the xxl2 and 3 disc in today and still nothing

 


Got a reaction:

 

Quote
Dear <name>,
 
There is currently no news about the upgrade and their availability of now, we are sorry. As soon as we have news about it, we will get back to you.
 
Best regards,
Customer support Microids

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah this is the we dont give a fuck auto responce the only think we can do is wait i guess hopfuly sooner or later we will get upgrades for the disks but i will not get my hopes up since this is there responce atm.

anyway thx for going through the trouble to contact them again if by any chance the get back to you or sudently they upload the disk upgrade to the system let us know here cheers

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, A210221100 said:

yeah this is the we dont give a fuck auto responce the only think we can do is wait i guess hopfuly sooner or later we will get upgrades for the disks but i will not get my hopes up since this is there responce atm.

anyway thx for going through the trouble to contact them again if by any chance the get back to you or sudently they upload the disk upgrade to the system let us know here cheers


I've been at this with Apsulov from the release in August until it got fixed in the following December/January. So... I know it can take a good while...

I'm still wondering if the upgrade did work out for people that bought the PS4 version digital. For all games there's now a cross-buy version but I don't know if they can actually download/claim that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.