What are the site standards for tagging games as Shovelware?

On 1/5/2023 at 8:03 PM, Gattusso02 said:

You could probably start with an appeal on shovelware rules or games wrongly tagged as shovelware versus assuming a "staff member is f*cking up" with the tags. We don't know how heavy their workload is behind the scenes.

Workload has nothing to do with whether or not you f*cked up. 

If I have 10,000 orders of ice cream and I give someone chocolate instead of strawberry, I still f*cked up. 

Not saying staff f*cked up btw, I'm pointing out workload and mistakes aren't the same thing. Nor does a heavy workload make mistakes okay. 

Edited by GodKaio-Ken

17 hours ago, GodKaio-Ken said:

Workload has nothing to do with whether or not you f*cked up. 

If I have 10,000 orders of ice cream and I give someone chocolate instead of strawberry, I still f*cked up. 

Not saying staff f*cked up btw, I'm pointing out workload and mistakes aren't the same thing. Nor does a heavy workload make mistakes okay. 

That's not a good comparison.

If shovelware games are supposed to be the ice cream, then it's more like "you have 10,000 orders of ice cream but you only get 9,999". Sure it's annoying, but that's a mistake that can happen and should be forgiven. Also, it's not a permanent problem, it can easily be resolved.
A heavy workload should definitely excuse mistakes of a certain degree. Not all, but temporarily marking a game as shovelware is one of those excusable mistakes.

Edit: I haven't really been satisfied with my take on this analogy. The ice cream doesn't work in this case.
For the peace of my mind, I'll make another, better comparison which I like more: The shovelware games are like colorful socks in a hill of clothing articles and you're supposed to sort them into a drawer. In between all these colorful socks and other clothing is a colorful handkerchief which you mistakenly put in the same drawer as the socks. Same principle as the shovelware games - easy to make mistake, and easy to resolve.

Edited by PraiseTheFluppi