Backlog by the Month Challenge 2023 (Sign-Ups Open!)

Sorry for the delay in responses, I work overnight so once I am off tomorrow morning. I will officially update and welcome everyone that just asked to join!

Looking to be a great group so far

Edit* Everyone should be added, lists should be updated and ready to go.

So I don't fall into the habit of just buying the latest game (really want Gotham Knights), I filled up my list to the complete 50 (all in) to force myself to clear the list before adding more. Hopefully this list will be surmountable. Though I have my doubts on Silent Hill 2, Strangers of Paradise, and the Data Battles for Kingdom Hearts II (it is where I have been stuck for a while now)

Edited by BlazzingWind
  • Like 3

On 1/9/2023 at 0:22 AM, ZombHunter13 said:

I’d love to join again and hopefully be able to stick more to it this year lol. I’m definitely gonna do a smaller list to start and see how I do. Especially since we can add more games as we go if I manage to complete my original list.

1) Cat Quest Ii

2) The Secret Order 7: Shadow Breach

3) Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition 

4) Lego Marvel Superheroes 2

5) Lego The Hobbit

6) Assassins Creed II

7) God Of War 

8) Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

9) Until Dawn

10) Spyro 2

11) Spyro 3

12) Ratchet and Clank (ps3)

13) Skyland: Heart of the Mountain

14) Persian Nights 2: The Moonlight Veil

15) Path of Sun: Greed

16) Endless Fables: Shadow Within

17) Endless Fables: Dark Moor

Glad to have ya back! Awesome seeing Spyro on your list, my favorite will always be Spyro 2 but they are both really fun and nostalgic games for me. Definitely smart to start small and build as you complete, that way the list never gets to be too intimidating.

On 1/9/2023 at 1:21 AM, ChecoMayor said:

Yaaaay! The event is back haha

I'm totally in, again, hopefully I can finish the entire list or at least get 1 plat per month, so here is my totally "new" list:

1. WWE Battlegrounds

2. Sleeping Dogs

3. LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars

4. LEGO Dimensions

5. Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes 

6. PacMan World RePac

7. Yakuza 3

8. LEGO City Undercover

9. LEGO Lord of the Rings

10. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

11. South Park Stick of Truth

12. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception 

I will be going for Multiversus Plat on PS5, but I can wait a few months to start it (if the game doesn't die1f605.png) the grind of 500 matches exhausted me

Edit because I put Detroit on the list but is at 38% so, I swapped it with Metal Gear

Whoot continuing from last year :D

Part of the rules are that for your FIRST post, which this is, THREE games can be over the 30% threshold. So if you still want to include Detroit, I will allow it. Or you can add it either in April or August, up to you.

With Multiversus, since you JUST earned the plat in December, I am gonna hold firm to the rule and say you can start it in March at the earliest to give yourself a breather.

Please let me know how Stick of Truth is, I've had my eye on it for a while but never really took the leap.

On 1/9/2023 at 3:48 AM, EriksBlue said:

Hi im gonna sign up as well this will be great motivation since ive been trying to get through a huge backlog of mine hopefully in time for future sequels.

No particular order its hard for me to commit a specific 1 for month so im probably gonna choose what peaks my interest.

13 Sentinels -11%

Alan Wake Remastered -13%

Atelier Ryza 1 -12%

Atelier Ryza 2 -0%

Death Stranding ps5 -44%

Death Mark ps4 -4%

DioField Chronicle ps5 -18%

God of War - 2%

Ghost of Tsushima ps4 -11%

Gungrave G.O.R.E ps5 -12%

Marvel’s Spiderman -8%

Marvel’s Midnight Suns -2%

Nier:Replicant -1%

Signalis -12%

Star Ocean The Divine Force -1%

Sakura Wars -6%

Tales of Arise ps5 -16%

Tearaway psvita - 4%

Wolverine -10%

Yakuza 0 -21%

Yakuza Kiwami - 8%

Yakuza 2 Kiwami -0%

Utawarerumono:Prelude to the Fall -7%

I offer a seat by the fire and a digital beer my friend! Welcome to the event and a really varied list to start out with. I fully understand the difficulty in trying to decide on one game for each month, which is why you don't have to! Your games don't have to be committed to a particular month, as long as you just beat one game a month.

Looking forward to hearing how Death Mark is and if it holds its' atmosphere and story well the entire time, super jealous you have Wolverine on your list. The cheapest I can find a copy to purchase has been in the high $30s, which is much to rich for my blood!

On 1/9/2023 at 6:12 AM, arrowdev said:

Hey, I would like to sign up for this event, as motivation to start clearing up my backlog.

Going for 12 games but will add as I go along if needed. 

God of War Ragnarok - 11%

Stray - 36%

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - 0%

Fifa 23 - 27%

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy - 6%

Hades - 19%

Ratchet & Clank - 11%

Assassin's Creed Valhalla - 10%

It Takes Two - 11%

Bloodborne - 3%

Horizon Zero Dawn - 17%

Fifa 18 - 27%

Consider yourself a part of the group! 12 games is the minimum requirement for the year. If that is all you would like to do, then that is perfectly fine. If you find yourself playing a game that is not on your list and wanting to add it, please do so before exceeding 30% trophies earned.

Bloodborne is an awesome game with great atmosphere, but I did find it surprisingly more difficult than Dark Souls due to the retaliation move-set to get HP back and the lack of a definite armor mechanic. Curious as to your thoughts as you play, same goes for It Takes Two. I've seen the memes about the war crime aspect of it, but nobody really has mentioned the game besides that. I will be keeping an eye open for your thoughts!

• Like 2

I’ve been watching this event for a while and think it’s just what I need to clear out my ever-growing backlog. My proverbial eyes may be bigger than my stomach with this list, but I have a whole year to complete it. So let’s get started. ? 

Spoiler
  1. Afterparty 
  2. Biomutant 
  3. Bugsnax 
  4. Bunny Raiders 
  5. Chernobylite 
  6. Control: Ultimate Edition 
  7. Cthulhu Saves Christmas 
  8. Cult of the Lamb - 57% 
  9. Cyberpunk 2077 
  10. Dark Souls Remastered 
  11. Deliver Us The Moon 
  12. Dishonored 2 - 18% 
  13. Dragon Age: Inquisition 
  14. Dragon Age Origins -  73% (DLC) 
  15. Dysmantle 
  16. Elden Ring 
  17. Final Fantasy VII - 2% 
  18. God of War Ragnarok 
  19. Gravity Rush Remastered - 4% 
  20. Hades 
  21. Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! 
  22. Horizon Forbidden West - 95% (DLC) 
  23. I Am Dead 
  24. inFamous - 24% 
  25. Last Stop 
  26. LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham 
  27. Life Is Strange 2 
  28. My Big Sister 
  29. Nobody Saves The World 
  30. Party Hard 
  31. Pinball Heroes 
  32. Spirit of the North: Enhanced Edition 
  33. Spiritfarer 
  34. Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated 
  35. The Artful Escape 
  36. The Last of Us Part 1 
  37. The Order: 1886 
  38. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct 
  39. TOEM

• Like 3

1 hour ago, be_minor said:

I’ve been watching this event for a while and think it’s just what I need to clear out my ever-growing backlog. My proverbial eyes may be bigger than my stomach with this list, but I have a whole year to complete it. So let’s get started. ? 

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Afterparty 
  2. Biomutant 
  3. Bugsnax 
  4. Bunny Raiders 
  5. Chernobylite 
  8. Cult of the Lamb - 57% 
  9. Cyberpunk 2077 
  11. Deliver Us The Moon 
  12. Dishonored 2 - 18% 
  15. Dysmantle 
  16. Elden Ring 
  18. God of War Ragnarok 
  20. Hades 
  23. I Am Dead 
  24. inFamous - 24% 
  25. Last Stop 
  27. Life Is Strange 2 
  28. My Big Sister 
  30. Party Hard 
  31. Pinball Heroes 
  33. Spiritfarer 
  35. The Artful Escape 
  39. TOEM

Glad you decided to jump in!

Have a pretty strong list and nice to see the plan to get some DLC done as well :D. Dragon Age Origins holds a special place for me and happy to see it on your list. Though Golems of Amarrak is notoriously difficult on the hardest difficulty because the boss moves around so much. I had a thief character and the boss got stuck in the wall, could only side stab him but couldn't get hit myself. Took half an hour, but the fight completed.

Awesome to see Elden Ring and Dark Souls on your list as well, if you haven't played them before then I definitely recommend DS before ER, as Elden Ring is like an enhanced and refined version of DS and it might be jarring going backwards to DS and its' admittedly clunky dodging/fighting.

But welcome to the group and hopefully a great year of slaying the backlog!

• Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 6:41 AM, BlazzingWind said:

Glad to have ya back! Awesome seeing Spyro on your list, my favorite will always be Spyro 2 but they are both really fun and nostalgic games for me. Definitely smart to start small and build as you complete, that way the list never gets to be too intimidating.

Part of the rules are that for your FIRST post, which this is, THREE games can be over the 30% threshold. So if you still want to include Detroit, I will allow it. Or you can add it either in April or August, up to you.

With Multiversus, since you JUST earned the plat in December, I am gonna hold firm to the rule and say you can start it in March at the earliest to give yourself a breather.

Please let me know how Stick of Truth is, I've had my eye on it for a while but never really took the leap.

I offer a seat by the fire and a digital beer my friend! Welcome to the event and a really varied list to start out with. I fully understand the difficulty in trying to decide on one game for each month, which is why you don't have to! Your games don't have to be committed to a particular month, as long as you just beat one game a month.

Looking forward to hearing how Death Mark is and if it holds its' atmosphere and story well the entire time, super jealous you have Wolverine on your list. The cheapest I can find a copy to purchase has been in the high $30s, which is much to rich for my blood!

Consider yourself a part of the group! 12 games is the minimum requirement for the year. If that is all you would like to do, then that is perfectly fine. If you find yourself playing a game that is not on your list and wanting to add it, please do so before exceeding 30% trophies earned.

Bloodborne is an awesome game with great atmosphere, but I did find it surprisingly more difficult than Dark Souls due to the retaliation move-set to get HP back and the lack of a definite armor mechanic. Curious as to your thoughts as you play, same goes for It Takes Two. I've seen the memes about the war crime aspect of it, but nobody really has mentioned the game besides that. I will be keeping an eye open for your thoughts!

I grabbed Wolverine way back in 2015, at a gamestop once I heard so many people praise it, my old fatty ps3 died in 2018 so i've mostly had to shelve my ps3 games until recently I was able to buy a refurbished ps3 slim. One old ps3 game i wished i could find for a good price is Splatterhouse which I regret selling so long ago since its so hard to find a copy under $60 even worse for me cuz I had a pegi copy and that's even more expensive lol.

Question: How do we update you on us finishing a game?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EriksBlue said:

One old ps3 game i wished i could find for a good price is Splatterhouse which I regret selling so long ago since its so hard to find a copy under $60 even worse for me cuz I had a pegi copy and that's even more expensive lol.

Question: How do we update you on us finishing a game?

Funny you mention Splatterhouse. Picked it up sometime after release because it was recommended to me by the GameStop I used to always go to when I lived in San Diego. Such a weird game lol.

When you complete a game please make a post about it. Make a post on each game completed, or one at the end of the month detailing what you've done or anything inbetween. I get notified on each post so it is easier for me to see and follow.

Plus I enjoy reading people's thoughts on the games they played. This forum is open to as many posts as people want to make.

• Like 1

Considering how ridden with issues it is, the Splatterhouse reboot had no right being so darn fun. The best thing about it, though, is how it includes all three classic games on disc. I still return to play them once in a blue moon, since I grew up playing the original on a Little Caesars arcade cabinet, until it vanished one day. Maybe parents complained about the grotesque nature of the game? Or, it simply broke down.

Got some points on the board, by finishing Dreaming Sarah and the Mr. X Nightmare DLC. Finally, my poor hands can get a break from mashing "towards, towards, square"! I'm also 25% into Afterparty; that perfect drinking game trophy was mildly irritating. A decent start, if I do say so myself.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, BlazzingWind said:

Though Golems of Amarrak is notoriously difficult on the hardest difficulty because the boss moves around so much. I had a thief character and the boss got stuck in the wall, could only side stab him but couldn't get hit myself. Took half an hour, but the fight completed.

Thanks for the warm welcome! And yes, I am dreading that specific boss fight on hard. I did a little research back when I was starting to clean up DLC and realized I need to basically build a character around that one fight for the best chance of success. But I am excited to finally 100% the game this year; some of the content will be completely new to me! 

18 hours ago, BlazzingWind said:

Awesome to see Elden Ring and Dark Souls on your list as well, if you haven't played them before then I definitely recommend DS before ER, as Elden Ring is like an enhanced and refined version of DS and it might be jarring going backwards to DS and its' admittedly clunky dodging/fighting.

Yes! I think it might be a tall order to do both this year, along with everything else I want to complete, but I've been itching for another Soulsborne since starting my first (Bloodborne) last year. The only reason I haven't started either yet is because my baby brother wants my first experience to be co-op with him; we're just trying to find the time. But I'm ecstatic to delve into both.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 11:41 AM, BlazzingWind said:

Well if that's the case, let's add Detroit into the list

My goal is to finally plat David Cage's trilogy of "Interactive Drama" but I'm missing some of the most tedious trophies in those PS3 games.

I pretend to finish Sleeping Dogs and Battlegrounds this month, after that I'm gonna go easy with both Lego Star  Wars and Dimensions to ended up with South Park, so please be patient ? hahaha

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StraightVege said:

Considering how ridden with issues it is, the Splatterhouse reboot had no right being so darn fun. The best thing about it, though, is how it includes all three classic games on disc. I still return to play them once in a blue moon, since I grew up playing the original on a Little Caesars arcade cabinet, until it vanished one day. Maybe parents complained about the grotesque nature of the game? Or, it simply broke down.

Got some points on the board, by finishing Dreaming Sarah and the Mr. X Nightmare DLC. Finally, my poor hands can get a break from mashing "towards, towards, square"! I'm also 25% into Afterparty; that perfect drinking game trophy was mildly irritating. A decent start, if I do say so myself.

Fighting games are a definite nightmare so I feel thay DLC name really fits. I've had MvC3 on my list forever and absolutely dreading when I inevitably take another stab at it and try to get the 360 fighting missions done >>.

Excellent job on getting points already!  Curious as to what Dreaming Sarah was about as I never heard of it.

8 hours ago, be_minor said:

Thanks for the warm welcome! And yes, I am dreading that specific boss fight on hard. I did a little research back when I was starting to clean up DLC and realized I need to basically build a character around that one fight for the best chance of success. But I am excited to finally 100% the game this year; some of the content will be completely new to me! 

Yes! I think it might be a tall order to do both this year, along with everything else I want to complete, but I've been itching for another Soulsborne since starting my first (Bloodborne) last year. The only reason I haven't started either yet is because my baby brother wants my first experience to be co-op with him; we're just trying to find the time. But I'm ecstatic to delve into both.

It has been a few years (really thinking of getting the JP version to replay, even knowing the Witch Hunt DLC is unobtainable now) but I remember that Golems and Darkspawn Chronicles where the only drawnout/difficult ones. The others pretty much fell in line afterwards.

ER/DS are sooooo much fun with a dedicated summon partner. ER can be damn near hillarious at parts, especially with the randomness of invasions. DS I strongly encourage summons and keeping Sunbro alive through all possible bosses (defo use a spoiler free guide for sun medals) to avoid a needless harder runthrough. Although, if you dont save over your save after beating the last boss. You can technically get both endings without needing a 2nd playthrough provided you get all Sun Medals (10) for the Miracle. Either way, you are gonna have a blast.

1 hour ago, ChecoMayor said:

Well if that's the case, let's add Detroit into the list

My goal is to finally plat David Cage's trilogy of "Interactive Drama" but I'm missing some of the most tedious trophies in those PS3 games.

I pretend to finish Sleeping Dogs and Battlegrounds this month, after that I'm gonna go easy with both Lego Star  Wars and Dimensions to ended up with South Park, so please be patient 1f605.png hahaha

Will update your list in a little bit then! I assume the 'trillogy' you mention is Indigo Prophecy, Heavy Rain, and Beyond: Two Souls? Or was David Cage not in Indigo? It is the only Interactive Drama besides Detroit that I have, but havent completed lol.

Do not worry about speed, just have fun! Everyone can complete games at their own pace.

• Like 3

I finished the Sam & Max games/episodes. They were fun to go back to, I played all the Sam & Max games years ago on PC, so it was nice to see these included on plus premium.

@BlazzingWind thanks for the tips for Man of Medan, we did end up getting stuck after the first act in movie mode. Unfortunately I don’t have a ps5 yet, so we had to roll back to an early patch to fix it.

I’ve found a friend to play the shared story with next, although I’m looking forward to getting to play it on my own and start clearing up those secrets and different endings. So far I’ve been playing blind with my partner and we didn’t do too well at saving or killing everyone

• Like 3

This event really motivated me last year to complete my JRPGs backlog. I would like to sign-up again this year.

For now I need to tackle my rhythm game backlogs so I will only add 12 games first.

1. DJMax Technika Tune

2. DJMax Respect

3. Deemo Reborn

4. Superbeat: Xonic

5. Hatsune Miku Project Diva Future Tone DX

6. Hatsune Miku VR

7. Orgarhythm

8. Valkyria Chronicles Remastered

9. Valkyria Chronicles 4

10. Persona 4 Golden

11. L.A. Noire

12. Ar no Surge

• Like 4

Would love to join this event. Hopefully it gives me the motivation to finish some games that have been sitting untouched for far too long. Gonna start with 15 for now and see how this goes.

1. Witcher 3 - 0%
  2. Marvel's Spiderman - 42%
  3. Kingdom Hearts - 10%
  4. Mass Effect - 3%
  5. Tales of Arise - 14%
  6. Immortals Fenyx Rising - 8%
  7. Biomutant - 1%
  8. Marvel's Avengers - 92%
  9. Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 - not started
  10. Stray - not started
  11. Spirit of the North - not started
  12. Guardians of the Galaxy - not started
  13. God of War - not started
  14. Horizon Zero Dawn - not started
  15. Spyro - not started
  • Like 4

January’s backlog game is now scratched off. Cult of the Lamb was a game I knew I’d love before I ever bought it. Part cult simulation/ part dungeon-crawler, the game oozes with charm. Be wary of performing too many rituals though; I locked myself out of a few trophies by sacrificing too many members too often. Thankfully, a partial second playthrough was as enjoyable as the first. 

Spoiler
  1. Afterparty 
  2. Biomutant 
  3. Bugsnax 
  4. Bunny Raiders 
  5. Chernobylite 
  8. Cult of the Lamb (January) 
  9. Cyberpunk 2077 
  11. Deliver Us The Moon 
  12. Dishonored 2 - 18% 
  15. Dysmantle 
  16. Elden Ring 
  18. God of War Ragnarok 
  20. Hades 
  23. I Am Dead 
  24. inFamous - 24% 
  25. Last Stop 
  27. Life Is Strange 2 
  28. My Big Sister 
  30. Party Hard 
  31. Pinball Heroes 
  33. Spiritfarer 
  35. The Artful Escape 
  39. TOEM 

Total Points: 1.0 

• Like 4

On 1/13/2023 at 9:53 PM, Hurricane_Tanya said:

I finished the Sam & Max games/episodes. They were fun to go back to, I played all the Sam & Max games years ago on PC, so it was nice to see these included on plus premium.

@BlazzingWind thanks for the tips for Man of Medan, we did end up getting stuck after the first act in movie mode. Unfortunately I don’t have a ps5 yet, so we had to roll back to an early patch to fix it.

I’ve found a friend to play the shared story with next, although I’m looking forward to getting to play it on my own and start clearing up those secrets and different endings. So far I’ve been playing blind with my partner and we didn’t do too well at saving or killing everyone

I remember playing the Sam & Max games and they were definitely unique experiences (on the PS3, never got to experience them on the PC). I completely forgot about using the PS4 to roll back patches, I saw the game name and immediately assumed it was the PS5 version. Sucks that the glitch struck that version as well, definitely unfortunate. As for saving/killing everyone, it really seems iffy on some of the scenes. For example, there is a scene with Conrad where he is running from something and you can choose to hide. Doing so (without modifiers on, I honestly don't know if the PS4 had modifiers) brings up an extremely difficult 'Don't Move' sequence that I have never been able to pass.

But excellent on getting on the board with points for the month! As stated earlier, currently the list of participants under the leaderboard is in 'sign-up' order. This will change as I update the points; since I am off this Tuesday, the update will be then and show where we are at the half-way point for January.

21 hours ago, Crancian said:

This event really motivated me last year to complete my JRPGs backlog. I would like to sign-up again this year.

For now I need to tackle my rhythm game backlogs so I will only add 12 games first.

1. DJMax Technika Tune

2. DJMax Respect

3. Deemo Reborn

6. Hatsune Miku VR

7. Orgarhythm

9. Valkyria Chronicles 4

10. Persona 4 Golden

11. L.A. Noire

12. Ar nosurge

Good to see ya again! I have added ya to the leaderboard and just checking but your #12 game, is the full name (Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star)? Trying to type out the full name in the lists so I can easily look for them on everyone's' profiles. I personally suck at rhythm games (dreading going back to Melody of Memory (Kingdom Hearts)) so your list looks terrifying, even at 12 games.

16 hours ago, grumpaluffagus_1 said:

Would love to join this event. Hopefully it gives me the motivation to finish some games that have been sitting untouched for far too long. Gonna start with 15 for now and see how this goes.

1. Witcher 3 - 0%
  2. Marvel's Spiderman - 42%
  3. Kingdom Hearts - 10%
  4. Mass Effect - 3%
  5. Tales of Arise - 14%
  6. Immortals Fenyx Rising - 8%
  7. Biomutant - 1%
  8. Marvel's Avengers - 92%
  9. Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 - not started
  10. Stray - not started
  11. Spirit of the North - not started
  12. Guardians of the Galaxy - not started
  13. God of War - not started
  14. Horizon Zero Dawn - not started
  15. Spyro - not started

And we appreciate you coming aboard! Just in time for the half-way point of the month and a great list of what looks like a mix of decent time investment games and some easier story driven games. If you never experienced it on the PS1, Spyro is a lot of fun, though some of the levels have deviously hidden gems. And those thief's can be a pain to memorize their patterns. Stray is another good one, short and sweet, but brilliantly done.

You have been added and I can't wait to see ya hack and slash (or in Spyro's case 'burn') your way through the list. Happy hunting!

10 hours ago, be_minor said:

January’s backlog game is now scratched off. Cult of the Lamb was a game I knew I’d love before I ever bought it. Part cult simulation/ part dungeon-crawler, the game oozes with charm. Be wary of performing too many rituals though; I locked myself out of a few trophies by sacrificing too many members too often. Thankfully, a partial second playthrough was as enjoyable as the first. 

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Afterparty 
  2. Biomutant 
  3. Bugsnax 
  4. Bunny Raiders 
  5. Chernobylite 
  8. Cult of the Lamb (January) 
  9. Cyberpunk 2077 
  11. Deliver Us The Moon 
  12. Dishonored 2 - 18% 
  15. Dysmantle 
  16. Elden Ring 
  18. God of War Ragnarok 
  20. Hades 
  23. I Am Dead 
  24. inFamous - 24% 
  25. Last Stop 
  27. Life Is Strange 2 
  28. My Big Sister 
  30. Party Hard 
  31. Pinball Heroes 
  33. Spiritfarer 
  35. The Artful Escape 
  39. TOEM 

Total Points: 1.0 

I have heard good things and seen on Tik-tok some footage of the game, looks very cute with the art style. And it sounds like you had a decent time with it. I will add it to my watch list!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BlazzingWind said:

Good to see ya again! I have added ya to the leaderboard and just checking but your #12 game, is the full name (Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star)? Trying to type out the full name in the lists so I can easily look for them on everyone's' profiles. I personally suck at rhythm games (dreading going back to Melody of Memory (Kingdom Hearts)) so your list looks terrifying, even at 12 games.

Yup it's the correct Ar nosurge. I'm planning to play the ps3 version.

This year I kinda want to challenge myself to complete these rhythm backlogs. I'm not even sure if I can beat at least one of them in a month but I hope that at least I can finish DJMax before the developer stop supporting the PS4 version.

• Like 1

January 

Immortals Fenyx Rising 64% :platinum: DLC (Not Started) 

1. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (19%)

2.Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (4%)

3. Warhammer: Chaosbane (7%)

4. Assassin's Creed Origins (19%)

5. Vampyr (1%)

6. Final Fantasy XIII (60%)

7. Monster Hunter World (71%)

8. Saints Row IV (10%)

9. Batman: Arkham City (43%) 

10. Sackboy: A Big Adventure (14%) 

11. LEGO DC Super-Villains (Not Started) 

12. Super Time Force Ultra (28%) 

13. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered (4%) 

14. Fallout 3 (4%)

15. Cat Quest (0%)

Finally done with January and it's been a slow start but my god Immortals is such a grind. Ubisoft at it again with the unnecessary colectathon of what good otherwise have been a decent game

Also adding Cat Quest and the adding of new games begins LoL 

Edited by Hitman_Spinksy1
  • Like 3

On 1/14/2023 at 8:39 PM, Crancian said:

1. DJMax Technika Tune

2. DJMax Respect

3. Deemo Reborn

6. Hatsune Miku VR

7. Orgarhythm

9. Valkyria Chronicles 4

10. Persona 4 Golden

11. L.A. Noire

12. Ar no Surge

I'm adding Persona 5 Royal to my list

• Like 2

January 

Immortals Fenyx Rising 64% :platinum: DLC (Not Started) 

Cat Quest (100%) :platinum:

1. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (19%)

2.Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (4%)

3. Warhammer: Chaosbane (7%)

4. Assassin's Creed Origins (19%)

5. Vampyr (1%)

6. Final Fantasy XIII (60%)

7. Monster Hunter World (71%)

8. Saints Row IV (10%)

9. Batman: Arkham City (43%) 

10. Sackboy: A Big Adventure (17%) 

11. LEGO DC Super-Villains (Not Started) 

12. Super Time Force Ultra (28%) 

13. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered (4%) 

14. Fallout 3 (4%)

Now my 2nd game down and something a little quicker to break things up a bit. 

I paid $2 for Cat Quest on discount thanks to @StraightVege and it was actually an amazing game. A little rough around the edges and was a bit of a fetch quest kind of game but the story, though short was really nice with a surprise twist at the end. I'd recommend anyone to pick it up as a nice relaxing one to break up them massive AAAs 

Edited by Hitman_Spinksy1
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, BlazzingWind said:

Well I wish you luck in the challenge and look forward to hearing your thoughts on the rhythm games. And I added your additional game to your list.

Congrats on getting two games done for the starting month! I've been interested in Immortals but it has always been way to much to consider getting. But I do like me some collectathons so maybe that will be the deciding factor the next time it is on a sale.

***********************************************************************************************************

Now to what everyone has been waiting for -

Leaderboard Update 1:

Everything is updated as of 01/16/2023

So far we have an extremely tight start between everyone, but @Hurricane_Tanya pulled ahead with @StraightVege and @Hitman_Spinksy1 right behind them.

Also @ZombHunter13, @EriksBlue, and @be_minor 01/14 was a popular date to game. You each got on the leaderboard hours apart!

Awesome showing so far everyone, let's keep it going to the end of the month.

That's hilarious! 

(i saw that you updated my list) I platinumed Death Mark. My thoughts are It had a few good scares, but a few erotic/horror scenes ruined the tone a bit. Also these scenes are censored on the playstation but not so on steam. There were a bunch of characters I like and the story was interesting but I did find the puzzles a bit obtuse at times. I already have the sequel Spirit Hunter: NG so i'll probably play that in the future.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BlazzingWind said:

Congrats on getting two games done for the starting month! I've been interested in Immortals but it has always been way to much to consider getting. But I do like me some collectathons so maybe that will be the deciding factor the next time it is on a sale.

The base version is now on sale pretty cheap so could be worth looking in to. The game is decent but is follows the classic Ubisoft collect nearly everything formula but if that's your thing then you'll probably love it. It's definitely not a bad game though

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 4:21 PM, EriksBlue said:

That's hilarious! 

(i saw that you updated my list) I platinumed Death Mark. My thoughts are It had a few good scares, but a few erotic/horror scenes ruined the tone a bit. Also these scenes are censored on the playstation but not so on steam. There were a bunch of characters I like and the story was interesting but I did find the puzzles a bit obtuse at times. I already have the sequel Spirit Hunter: NG so i'll probably play that in the future.

I don't know how I feel about erotic/horror scenes but I really enjoy VNs so will hopefully be able to get this at some point in the future.

23 hours ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

The base version is now on sale pretty cheap so could be worth looking in to. The game is decent but is follows the classic Ubisoft collect nearly everything formula but if that's your thing then you'll probably love it. It's definitely not a bad game though

Will probably pick it up the next time I see it on sale, kinda overspent on the holiday sale and my husband is not too happy. But I managed to snag some good games: Greedfall PS5 upgrade, Ty the Tazmanian Tiger 1 + 2, Legend of Mana, Star Ocean Till the End of Time, Star Ocean The Last Hope, Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD, RE8 for the PS4 + DLC, Word Search by Powgi, Castle Crashers, Nexomon, and Nexomon Extinction. So my spending ability has been revoked until further notice lol.

20 hours ago, StraightVege said:

Thanks a lot for the update, and congrats to Hurricane for kicking butt!

Personally, I finished the uproarious Afterparty a while back, and now I'm grinding the Virtuous Cycle DLC for Mortal Shell. To be honest, I'm already tired of the repetition; no roguelike mode should have runs that take 2-3 hours if you don't rush. At this point, I'm sprinting past most enemies to get stuff done in a reasonable time frame, but I still have around half of the characters remaining to complete the mode with. Also, been spending quite a bit of time farming the DLC's one healing mushroom, since I won't stand a chance with the challenge character otherwise (its health continually drains).

Best of luck with the rest of the month, folks.

Glad to hear the Afterparty was enjoyable! Would you say it is more like a visual novel where it is dialogue choices exclusively or like Sam & Max where you have to interact with items to progress the story?

Also, ick to both exceptionally long runs (that is bound to lead to boredom) and having to play as a character with constantly decreasing health. Sounds like that run will be a definite hurdle to get through. With it being a roguelike (my only experience has been Hades and Returnal) does the layout of the level at least change, or is it simply trying to go from point A to B until you make it?

I thank you for the wish of luck. Myself personally, I picked Legend of Mana as my January game and did not think that the grind for both fruit items and special techniques was going to be this...well grindy. I FINALLY got the 'grow all seed items' trophy last night and am going to start the slog with all weapons to max out special techniques. Hopefully a full night or two of more grinding will get me the plat.

But beyond that, everyone still has plenty of time to get their first point of the year (or additional points), so happy hunting!

• Like 3