Backlog by the Month Challenge 2023 (Sign-Ups Open!)

2 hours ago, BlazzingWind said:

Glad to hear the Afterparty was enjoyable! Would you say it is more like a visual novel where it is dialogue choices exclusively or like Sam & Max where you have to interact with items to progress the story?

Definitely the latter. While 98% of the game consists of walking and talking, you'll also encounter occasional lite puzzle elements, such as when it's necessary to get Milo drunk enough to leap off a walkway into the VIP section below. Several mini-games come up as well, like beer pong and stacking empty glasses, although the outcome of these challenges isn't that important for progression, beyond the final drinking game with Satan, which determines the ending you'll see.

Probably my biggest disappointment with the game is how the awesome drinking mechanic was never utilized for anything vital to advancement. Each cocktail unlocks unique dialogue options, which obviously had loads of potential for interesting puzzle applications. Alas, all it really does is provoke some very amusing lines.

So, there's not a great deal of substance on the gameplay side, but the phenomenal script and acting make it easy to overlook this fact. Managed to be one of the funniest, most charming games I've ever played, while simultaneously exploring serious subject matter. Certainly looking forward to Oxenfree 2, but I'd also be thrilled to see them do an Afterparty sequel!

2 hours ago, BlazzingWind said:

Also, ick to both exceptionally long runs (that is bound to lead to boredom) and having to play as a character with constantly decreasing health. Sounds like that run will be a definite hurdle to get through. With it being a roguelike (my only experience has been Hades and Returnal) does the layout of the level at least change, or is it simply trying to go from point A to B until you make it?

Minor mistake: I meant to call it a roguelite mode, since there is meta-progression. Between runs (and after defeating bosses), you can spend two currencies at the Runic Gate for a variety of permanent upgrades, similar to the mirror in Hades.

Yeah, Obsidian Foundling is kinda painful to play, but it does have the advantage of basically infinite stamina. With the dodge roll affording you generous I-frames, being able to spam them is extremely helpful. Plus, you can always rely on Harden to nullify an attack—still among the most fun game abilities I've seen in years. Gonna be chomping on those health shrooms, though; I've amassed 91 of them thus far. Likely overkill, but I'd rather be safe than sorry!

Depending on the seed, stuff like ability pillars, items, and enemy placement varies, but area layouts and bosses remain identical. You run through the same three dungeons seen in story mode, fight the same three bosses, then have a tedious final showdown with evil doppelganger versions of the shell characters you can inhabit. Gets old fast, and considering how stupidly easy it is to plunge to your death in the final dungeon, save backups are a must. I had a good run ended that way.

Well, enjoy your grinding! Myself, I usually need something to watch, read, or listen to when any sort of repetition is required. The boredom is intolerable otherwise.

• Like 2

Progress! Progress! We are making progress! Finally.

Platinumed Moss, a quick four years and four weeks after I first started it. The dangers of backlogs, kids. And I've been working on, uh... 9 other games concurrently, which seems like a lot, but quite a few of the games are long haul games - BoxVR is my fitness game for the next month or so (and Jesus Fucking Christ, what a workout), Evil Dead: The Game is a long ass multiplayer trophy list I'll be playing a bit of here and there, After the Fall I play with a bunch of friends a few times a week, and GRID I've been grinding miles in while watching TV shows. Shadow Point I'm kind of on again off again with too because for whatever reason, despite an obnoxious amount of VR comfort settings that you can't disable, the game still seems to make me a bit nauseous. Anyway, onto a few game comments, I guess; I'll do the rest as I get to platinuming them.

Moss was pretty fun, and it's easy to see why it was so highly praised. While it does show its age somewhat (namely in that it's extremely short), it surprisingly holds up quite well, unlike some other early VR titles I've played. It manages a moody but charming storybook aesthetic and I'm eager to play the sequel, although I'll probably hold off until I can get my hands on a PSVR2.

Serious Sam 4 is fun. You can ride a giant hammer guy piggyback and make him attack other giant hammer guys. I have no idea why this is a feature. Besides that, it's got an absurdly large arsenal of weaponry, tons of new enemies, and probably the best enemy explosions I've ever seen. Like, it just... rains blood. It's also a bit of an unpolished mess; some level design had me scratching my head, and the game targets 60 but rarely manages to hold it without dips. But even so, it's chaotic fun. A shame the trophy list is so easy, though.

This post brought to you by Serious Sam riding a giant hammer guy.

KsGArDQ.png

Backlog Games:

Spoiler

IN PROGRESS (9/50)

BoxVR - 45%

Shadow Point - 13%

Evil Dead: The Game - 9%

GRID - 6%

Lucky's Tale - 12%

Serious Sam 4 - 64%

Along Together - 34%

After The Fall - 41%

Chromagun VR - 3%

FINISHED (1/50)

Moss - 100%

NOT STARTED (40/50)

Curse of the Dead Gods - 21%

Powerslave Exhumed - 12%

Stray - 4%

Manifold Garden - 20%

Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - 5%

Pixel Ripped 1995 - 10%

Megaquarium - 0%

Creed: Rise to Glory - 0%

Cat Quest - 0%

Cat Quest 2 - 0%

Foreclosed - 0%

Forgotton Anne - 8%

Fracked - 1%

Groundhog Day: like father like son - 0%

Hero Land - 0%

Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! - 0%

KeyWe - 0%

Iris.Fall - 0%

Time Carnage - 0%

Neon City Riders - 0%

Mythic Ocean - 0%

Paper Beast - 3%

Paradise Killer - 0%

Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan - 0%

Prodeus - 0%

Serious Sam Collection - 1%

Shady Part of Me - 0%

Silence - 0%

Spiritfarer - 0%

Subnautica - 13%

Table of Tales: The Crooked Crown - 0%

The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners - 11%

The Town of Light - 0%

Mundaun - 0%

XING: The Land Beyond - 0%

Felix The reaper - 4%

Falcon Age - 28%

Wanderer - 0%

The Walking Dead Onslaught - 0%

Super Daryl Deluxe - 0%

• Like 3

I'm really excited to do this! This is actually my first post even though I've had an account for a couple years. 

I'll take your advice blazing and put 15 games on there to start with 2 games over 33%: tlou1 at 34% and control at 46%.

1) Tlou part 1 34%

2)Stephen Jackson's Sorcery! 18%

3)legend of kena 7%

4)Tiny Tina's 12%

5)Jedi fallen order 29%

6)Horizon Forbidden West 32%

7)Mass effect 2 0%

8)Terminator Resistance 8%

9)KY rt zero 23%

10)Gow ragnarok 8%

11)Control 46%

12)outer wilds 1%

13)outer worlds 6%

14)Undertale 12%

15)Until Dawn 0%

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, BigManatee said:

I'm really excited to do this! This is actually my first post even though I've had an account for a couple years. 

I'll take your advice blazing and put 15 games on there to start with 2 games over 33%: tlou1 at 34% and control at 46%.

1) Tlou part 1 34%

3)legend of kena 7%

4)Tiny Tina's 12%

5)Jedi fallen order 29%

7)Mass effect 2 0%

9)KY rt zero 23%

10)Gow ragnarok 8%

11)Control 46%

12)outer wilds 1%

13)outer worlds 6%

14)Undertale 12%

15)Until Dawn 0%

Welcome to the forum. You have some nice games in your lineup and Ragnarok and Forbidden West are amazing games 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Progress! Progress! We are making progress! Finally.

Platinumed Moss, a quick four years and four weeks after I first started it. The dangers of backlogs, kids. And I've been working on, uh... 9 other games concurrently, which seems like a lot, but quite a few of the games are long haul games - BoxVR is my fitness game for the next month or so (and Jesus Fucking Christ, what a workout), Evil Dead: The Game is a long ass multiplayer trophy list I'll be playing a bit of here and there, After the Fall I play with a bunch of friends a few times a week, and GRID I've been grinding miles in while watching TV shows. Shadow Point I'm kind of on again off again with too because for whatever reason, despite an obnoxious amount of VR comfort settings that you can't disable, the game still seems to make me a bit nauseous. Anyway, onto a few game comments, I guess; I'll do the rest as I get to platinuming them.

Moss was pretty fun, and it's easy to see why it was so highly praised. While it does show its age somewhat (namely in that it's extremely short), it surprisingly holds up quite well, unlike some other early VR titles I've played. It manages a moody but charming storybook aesthetic and I'm eager to play the sequel, although I'll probably hold off until I can get my hands on a PSVR2.

Serious Sam 4 is fun. You can ride a giant hammer guy piggyback and make him attack other giant hammer guys. I have no idea why this is a feature. Besides that, it's got an absurdly large arsenal of weaponry, tons of new enemies, and probably the best enemy explosions I've ever seen. Like, it just... rains blood. It's also a bit of an unpolished mess; some level design had me scratching my head, and the game targets 60 but rarely manages to hold it without dips. But even so, it's chaotic fun. A shame the trophy list is so easy, though.

This post brought to you by Serious Sam riding a giant hammer guy.

KsGArDQ.png

Backlog Games:

Reveal hidden contents

IN PROGRESS (9/50)

BoxVR - 45%

Shadow Point - 13%

GRID - 6%

Lucky's Tale - 12%

Serious Sam 4 - 64%

Along Together - 34%

After The Fall - 41%

Chromagun VR - 3%

FINISHED (1/50)

Moss - 100%

NOT STARTED (40/50)

Powerslave Exhumed - 12%

Stray - 4%

Manifold Garden - 20%

Pixel Ripped 1995 - 10%

Megaquarium - 0%

Cat Quest - 0%

Cat Quest 2 - 0%

Foreclosed - 0%

Forgotton Anne - 8%

Fracked - 1%

Hero Land - 0%

KeyWe - 0%

Iris.Fall - 0%

Time Carnage - 0%

Neon City Riders - 0%

Mythic Ocean - 0%

Paper Beast - 3%

Paradise Killer - 0%

Prodeus - 0%

Shady Part of Me - 0%

Silence - 0%

Spiritfarer - 0%

Subnautica - 13%

The Town of Light - 0%

Mundaun - 0%

Felix The reaper - 4%

Falcon Age - 28%

Wanderer - 0%

Super Daryl Deluxe - 0%

Congrats on plat'ing Moss! It looks like a fun game but I don't have a VR lol. And 4 years is quick compared to some of the games on my backlog, last year during the event I closed out Batman AA after 7 years! Also I love that picture. I have Serious Sam on PS3, got it from plus ages ago and this makes me wanna play it. Hopefully the grind on Grid is almost over.

6 hours ago, BigManatee said:

1) Tlou part 1 34%

3)legend of kena 7%

4)Tiny Tina's 12%

5)Jedi fallen order 29%

7)Mass effect 2 0%

9)KY rt zero 23%

10)Gow ragnarok 8%

11)Control 46%

12)outer wilds 1%

13)outer worlds 6%

14)Undertale 12%

15)Until Dawn 0%

Welcome in, we are excited to have ya join! I will get you added after work tonight!

• Like 1

Again welcome @BigManatee, got you added to the leaderboard on the first page. Please look over your list and make sure it is correct, I put everything in alphabetical order as that makes it easy to look through someone's list at the end of the month if they forget to post an update here.

On the gaming front: DLC for The Callisto Protocol dropped early, bringing with it one solo trophy and stripping my 100% complete on both the PS4/5. I am seriously tempted to run through the game again to re-secure the completion, but seeing as how I haven't completed a game for January from my list. That might not be the smartest decision I could make.

Took a break from Legend of Mana last night and went back to LEGO Dimensions, or more exactly, spent the night building the mini-figs that represent the DLC for the game. I know I just need the character bases to access the DLC and could have saved myself about two hours of time...but it was hella fun putting them together, not gonna lie.

Eleven days left of the month, I am positive I can get LoM done by then, but queuing up Batman: Telltale Series just in case.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

Welcome to the forum. You have some nice games in your lineup and Ragnarok and Forbidden West are amazing games 

Hey thanks! I'm doing the same exact thing with both of these games that I f did with the originals; start em and then wait a long time to actually finish them up. We can blame elden ring for distracting me! 

1 hour ago, BlazzingWind said:

Again welcome @BigManatee, got you added to the leaderboard on the first page. Please look over your list and make sure it is correct, I put everything in alphabetical order as that makes it easy to look through someone's list at the end of the month if they forget to post an update here.

On the gaming front: DLC for The Callisto Protocol dropped early, bringing with it one solo trophy and stripping my 100% complete on both the PS4/5. I am seriously tempted to run through the game again to re-secure the completion, but seeing as how I haven't completed a game for January from my list. That might not be the smartest decision I could make.

Took a break from Legend of Mana last night and went back to LEGO Dimensions, or more exactly, spent the night building the mini-figs that represent the DLC for the game. I know I just need the character bases to access the DLC and could have saved myself about two hours of time...but it was hella fun putting them together, not gonna lie.

Eleven days left of the month, I am positive I can get LoM done by then, but queuing up Batman: Telltale Series just in case.

Looks great. I'm stoked to have a little extra motivation to Plat some games. 

• Like 2

Serious Sam 4 is finished! Fantastic game, though the trophy list leaves a bit to be desired as it's far too easy. A few of the later levels felt a bit too wide and empty, but they made up for that with an absolutely spectacular finale featuring a boss battle against a giant demon that I can only compare to some of the fights in God of War 3.

16 hours ago, BlazzingWind said:

Congrats on plat'ing Moss! It looks like a fun game but I don't have a VR lol. And 4 years is quick compared to some of the games on my backlog, last year during the event I closed out Batman AA after 7 years! Also I love that picture. I have Serious Sam on PS3, got it from plus ages ago and this makes me wanna play it. Hopefully the grind on Grid is almost over.

It definitely is! I highly recommend getting into PSVR2 if you have any interest. PSVR1 is an extremely janky setup and honestly only a few steps above a prototype, but with all the advancements in the PSVR2, it's looking to be a VR headset that I could recommend to anyone, not just enthusiasts.

The Serious Sam games are a lot of fun if you enjoy classic FPS games. The first two in particular are pure classic FPS mayhem, while Serious Sam 3 is a bit of an odd ball as it's much more gritty and realistic. Serious Sam 4 is kind of a happy middle ground with being more realistic like 3 while also being a lot more chaotic like the older games. If you have any interest, I'd highly recommend picking up the Serious Sam Collection on PS4, which is currently on PS Extra, with the caveat that if you're in the US you might want to buy an alternate region version of it since the US version has a broken platinum trophy.

As for Grid... god, I wish. I'm only a bit under 10% of the way through the grind. This'll be a several month long endeavor, I think, since I don't want to rubberband so I've just been playing the game while watching TV shows with friends, which isn't frequent enough to make a 100 hour grind pass by quickly.

Backlog Games:

Spoiler

IN PROGRESS (9/50)

BoxVR - 45%

Shadow Point - 13%

GRID - 6%

Lucky's Tale - 12%

Along Together - 34%

After The Fall - 41%

Chromagun VR - 3%

FINISHED (1/50)

Moss - 100%

Serious Sam 4 - 100%

NOT STARTED (40/50)

Powerslave Exhumed - 12%

Stray - 4%

Manifold Garden - 20%

Pixel Ripped 1995 - 10%

Megaquarium - 0%

Cat Quest - 0%

Cat Quest 2 - 0%

Foreclosed - 0%

Forgotton Anne - 8%

Fracked - 1%

Hero Land - 0%

KeyWe - 0%

Iris.Fall - 0%

Time Carnage - 0%

Neon City Riders - 0%

Mythic Ocean - 0%

Paper Beast - 3%

Paradise Killer - 0%

Prodeus - 0%

Shady Part of Me - 0%

Silence - 0%

Spiritfarer - 0%

Subnautica - 13%

The Town of Light - 0%

Mundaun - 0%

Felix The reaper - 4%

Falcon Age - 28%

Wanderer - 0%

Super Daryl Deluxe - 0%

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Serious Sam 4 is finished! Fantastic game, though the trophy list leaves a bit to be desired as it's far too easy. A few of the later levels felt a bit too wide and empty, but they made up for that with an absolutely spectacular finale featuring a boss battle against a giant demon that I can only compare to some of the fights in God of War 3.

It definitely is! I highly recommend getting into PSVR2 if you have any interest. PSVR1 is an extremely janky setup and honestly only a few steps above a prototype, but with all the advancements in the PSVR2, it's looking to be a VR headset that I could recommend to anyone, not just enthusiasts.

The Serious Sam games are a lot of fun if you enjoy classic FPS games. The first two in particular are pure classic FPS mayhem, while Serious Sam 3 is a bit of an odd ball as it's much more gritty and realistic. Serious Sam 4 is kind of a happy middle ground with being more realistic like 3 while also being a lot more chaotic like the older games. If you have any interest, I'd highly recommend picking up the Serious Sam Collection on PS4, which is currently on PS Extra, with the caveat that if you're in the US you might want to buy an alternate region version of it since the US version has a broken platinum trophy.

As for Grid... god, I wish. I'm only a bit under 10% of the way through the grind. This'll be a several month long endeavor, I think, since I don't want to rubberband so I've just been playing the game while watching TV shows with friends, which isn't frequent enough to make a 100 hour grind pass by quickly.

Backlog Games:

Reveal hidden contents

IN PROGRESS (9/50)

BoxVR - 45%

Shadow Point - 13%

GRID - 6%

Lucky's Tale - 12%

Along Together - 34%

After The Fall - 41%

Chromagun VR - 3%

FINISHED (1/50)

Moss - 100%

Serious Sam 4 - 100%

NOT STARTED (40/50)

Powerslave Exhumed - 12%

Stray - 4%

Manifold Garden - 20%

Pixel Ripped 1995 - 10%

Megaquarium - 0%

Cat Quest - 0%

Cat Quest 2 - 0%

Foreclosed - 0%

Forgotton Anne - 8%

Fracked - 1%

Hero Land - 0%

KeyWe - 0%

Iris.Fall - 0%

Time Carnage - 0%

Neon City Riders - 0%

Mythic Ocean - 0%

Paper Beast - 3%

Paradise Killer - 0%

Prodeus - 0%

Shady Part of Me - 0%

Silence - 0%

Spiritfarer - 0%

Subnautica - 13%

The Town of Light - 0%

Mundaun - 0%

Felix The reaper - 4%

Falcon Age - 28%

Wanderer - 0%

Super Daryl Deluxe - 0%

Whoot whoot on second game for the month!

I had no idea that the Serious Sam Collection had a glitched plat, that would be so upsetting!

While the idea of the VR is cool, I don't think I will be able to justify getting it. I love my PSvita, but can't find the time to actually play a game on it. But there are games like Moss, Rush of Blood, FF15 Monsters from the Deep that I really really want to play. So we will see on that front.

The grind...haven't had to do something like that in a long time and more props to you for trying to stick to it. Just don't burn yourself out on it, remember in April and August you can take out Grid if the grind becomes too mind-numbing  :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BlazzingWind said:

While the idea of the VR is cool, I don't think I will be able to justify getting it. I love my PSvita, but can't find the time to actually play a game on it. But there are games like Moss, Rush of Blood, FF15 Monsters from the Deep that I really really want to play. So we will see on that front.

The grind...haven't had to do something like that in a long time and more props to you for trying to stick to it. Just don't burn yourself out on it, remember in April and August you can take out Grid if the grind becomes too mind-numbing  :)

Ah right, I still have to actually get to playing Monsters from the Deep. I bought it years ago and only barely touched it. Maybe I'll add it to my list if I finish enough other games. I feel you with not having enough time. I have way more time than most and even then I feel like I never have enough time to play all the games I've been meaning to, as evidenced by my years of accumulated backlog games.

As for Grid, honestly it's nice to have something to do with my hands while watching shows. It is definitely repetitive even by my standards, but I'll get through it eventually, lol. Hopefully the campaign gives me enough playtime to knock 20-30 hours of grinding off, although since much of it will be in slower cars that might be difficult to accomplish... perhaps I'll try hitting up online races a bit.

• Like 2

Scratched off another backlog game for 0.5 points: Bugsnax. I thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay and trophy list, but found every other aspect lacking. Thankfully, going for the plat doesn’t artificially inflate game time (the mail requests to fully furnish your home is another story). 

Completed 

1. Bugsnax (JAN +0.5) 
  2. Cult of the Lamb (JAN +1.0) 

Backlog 

1. Afterparty 
  2. Biomutant - 0 ➡️ 1% 
  3. Bunny Raiders 
  4. Chernobylite 
  5. Control: Ultimate Edition 
  6. Cthulhu Saves Christmas 
  7. Cyberpunk 2077 
  8. Dark Souls Remastered 
  9. Deliver Us The Moon 
  10. Dishonored 2 - 18% 
  11. Dragon Age: Inquisition 
  12. Dragon Age Origins -  73% (DLC) 
  13. Dysmantle - 0 ➡️ 12%  
  14. Elden Ring 
  15. Final Fantasy VII - 2% 
  16. God of War Ragnarok 
  17. Gravity Rush Remastered - 4% 
  18. Hades 
  19. Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! 
  20. Horizon Forbidden West - 95% (DLC) 
  21. I Am Dead 
  22. inFamous - 24% 
  23. Last Stop 
  24. LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham 
  25. Life Is Strange 2 
  26. My Big Sister 
  27. Nobody Saves The World 
  28. Party Hard 
  29. Pinball Heroes 
  30. Spirit of the North: Enhanced Edition 
  31. Spiritfarer 
  32. Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated 
  33. The Artful Escape 
  34. The Last of Us Part 1 
  35. The Order: 1886 
  36. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct 
  37. TOEM 

Edited by be_minor
removed the lists from a spoiler tag
  • Like 2

Immortals Fenyx Rising 64% :platinum: DLC (Not Started) 

Cat Quest (100%) :platinum:

1. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (19%)

2.Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (4%)

3. Warhammer: Chaosbane (7%)

4. Assassin's Creed Origins (19%)

5. Vampyr (1%)

6. Final Fantasy XIII (60%)

7. Monster Hunter World (71%)

8. Saints Row IV (10%)

9. Batman: Arkham City (43%) 

10. Sackboy: A Big Adventure (17%) 

11. LEGO DC Super-Villains (Not Started) 

12. Super Time Force Ultra (28%) 

13. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered (4%) 

14. Fallout 3 (4%)

15. Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX (9%) 

I'm adding Alex Kidd to my list, been meaning to get to this nostalgic classic for a long time now and I really need something to break up the grind of FF XIII. 

Edited by Hitman_Spinksy1
  • Like 1

Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX (100%)  :platinum:

5. Vampyr (1%)

8. Saints Row IV (10%)

14. Fallout 3 (4%)

15 .inFamous: First Light (1%) 

What I can say is never go back to retro classics you once loved unless you want to destroy that nostalgic image. I already knew the game was tough from being the first game I ever played and I can say if there wasn't any infinite lives cheat I would have never made it. I just got frustrated with the random hitboxes and the dodgy old school controls but I went back and relived a classic one last time. The game was a lot shorter than I expected as I remember spending countless hours playing this growing up but that could also be the lack of a memory card and the way games were played and repeated in the past. Brought back some nostalgia to begin with but I regret ruining the image of the game I grew up with and how a built in game into the master system was revolutionary like stumbling onto something that shouldn't be there. 

Added inFamous: First Light to the list 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, EriksBlue said:

Can I swap God of War for Persona 3 Portable? I had sat on the idea for a bit and i'm not as much into Character actions games now a days so I kinda wanna chill with a comfort game.

I’m pretty sure with the rules for this event you would add Persona 3 Portable to your list and then in April or August you would be able to remove God of War if you still wanted

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EriksBlue said:

Can I swap God of War for Persona 3 Portable? I had sat on the idea for a bit and i'm not as much into Character actions games now a days so I kinda wanna chill with a comfort game.

3 hours ago, Hurricane_Tanya said:

I’m pretty sure with the rules for this event you would add Persona 3 Portable to your list and then in April or August you would be able to remove God of War if you still wanted

This is correct, removing games from your list is done in April and August. You have to keep enough games on your list to at least complete the year so:

April - 9 games (unless you have already completed your April game, then it would be 8)

August - 5 games (unless you have already completed your August game, then it would be 4)

You have all of April and August to remove games, but can only do so in ONE post each month. So think carefully before you make your selection.

I will be keeping a list of people that choose to remove because I know it can be easy to forget if you have already done so.

7 hours ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

-snip-

What I can say is never go back to retro classics you once loved unless you want to destroy that nostalgic image. I already knew the game was tough from being the first game I ever played and I can say if there wasn't any infinite lives cheat I would have never made it. I just got frustrated with the random hitboxes and the dodgy old school controls but I went back and relived a classic one last time. The game was a lot shorter than I expected as I remember spending countless hours playing this growing up but that could also be the lack of a memory card and the way games were played and repeated in the past. Brought back some nostalgia to begin with but I regret ruining the image of the game I grew up with and how a built in game into the master system was revolutionary like stumbling onto something that shouldn't be there. 

Added inFamous: First Light to the list 

Congrats on another game completed! Going back to games and finding I don't like them anymore I think is a universal fear. Like I played the heck out of FF1, 2, and 4 so I am really excited for the pixel remaster. However, it has been years since I have played them and after the graphics of Xiii, 7 remake, and crisis core; will my nostalgia hold up to diving back into the classics?

On 1/22/2023 at 10:08 PM, be_minor said:

Scratched off another backlog game for 0.5 points: Bugsnax. I thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay and trophy list, but found every other aspect lacking. Thankfully, going for the plat doesn’t artificially inflate game time (the mail requests to fully furnish your home is another story). 

Completed 

1. Bugsnax (JAN +0.5) 
  2. Cult of the Lamb (JAN +1.0) 

-Snip-

I apologize for not replying sooner! Awesome on getting 2 games done in the first month, that is a strong start. I got Bugsnax through ps+ and it kinda has fallen down a ways on the backlog. I am glad to hear that the gameplay isn't bad though, maybe if I get enough games done I can add it to my list this year...

On 1/21/2023 at 5:36 AM, StraightVege said:

Well, that's the Mortal Shell DLC squared away. As I so often do with games, I overestimated the difficulty and wasted well over an hour of my finite life farming those dumb mushrooms, when it turned out I only needed to consume around 25 of them by the end. 1f605.png Also remembered that I had a stockpile of 32 Ornate Tokens, which nullify a single hit of damage after you're broken out of Harden. The Obsidian form actually has more than enough health when you equip the Simple Lute for a boost, and it drains extremely slowly anyway. Plus, the delightfully broken Axatana's sprinting R2 attack can still carry you through most fights. Ultimately, I was never in any real danger of losing the run, and didn't even need the save backups I made. Ah well, better to be over-prepared, right?

I'm thinking about trying Gunlord X next, maybe.

-snip-

Always a great feeling finding what you originally thought was gonna be a challenge to be relatively easy. But I do agree, always better to over-prepare then under. Another game done, and another game I haven't heard of; you are really coming in strong.

It is great to see everyone with such a strong start to the event. I really need to stop slacking it seems!

• Like 1

Fantastic idea, I've always wanted to get involved with these community events but always find them halfway through the year and say I'll wait until next year. So even though its close to the end of January i'd love to get involved.

I've gone with a list of 15 games to start with:

1)Telling Lies (12%)

2)Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint (13%)

3)Hot Wheels Unleashed (15%)

4)Last Stop (7%)

5)Escape Academy (0%)

6)Road 96 (0%)

7)Stray (0%)

8)Deliver Us The Moon (0%)

9)Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage (0%)

10)Far Cry 3 (0%)

11)Full Throttle (0%)

12)Man Eater (0%)

13)Batman: The Telltale Series (0%)

14)Hot Wheels Unleashed (15%)

15)Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (44%)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jones_jr02 said:

Fantastic idea, I've always wanted to get involved with these community events but always find them halfway through the year and say I'll wait until next year. So even though its close to the end of January i'd love to get involved.

1)Telling Lies (12%)

4)Last Stop (7%)

5)Escape Academy (0%)

6)Road 96 (0%)

7)Stray (0%)

10)Far Cry 3 (0%)

11)Full Throttle (0%)

12)Man Eater (0%)

We are glad to have you join no matter when in the year you do!

Worry not, technically the month you join is a 'safe' month. So points will not be subtracted from your score at the end of the month. (You cannot go negative anyways)

I will add you to the main post as soon as I get home. But again welcome to the event, I can't wait to hear what you think of the games on your list as you play them. The good and bad, or whatever you feel like sharing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BlazzingWind said:

Congrats on another game completed! Going back to games and finding I don't like them anymore I think is a universal fear. Like I played the heck out of FF1, 2, and 4 so I am really excited for the pixel remaster. However, it has been years since I have played them and after the graphics of Xiii, 7 remake, and crisis core; will my nostalgia hold up to diving back into the classics?

I'm definitely worried about the pixel remasters, especially seen as I've been a little unhappy with Square lately. The old games are not so designed for trophies either. We use to just play them whenever and do whatever we wanted in the games and they managed to hold our attention for a couple hours now and then. 

• Like 1

Okay, fine, I'll join. I need to do many of these games anyways for my other events. Order is alphabetic but I probably won't be doing them in that order:

1. Ape Escape (PS5 version)
  2. LEGO Avengers (PS4 version)
  3. Disgaea 4+ Complete (for Kaleidoscope challenge)
  4. Disgaea 5 (for Kaleidoscope challenge)
  5. World of Final Fantasy (for Kaleidoscope challenge)
  6. Dragon Quest XI S (for Kaleidoscope challenge)
  7. Rogue Galaxy (for Kaleidoscope challenge)
  8. Ni No Kuni Remastered (for Kaleidoscope challenge)
  9. Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
  10. Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD (one of these is for the Kalediscope challenge)
  11. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (for Kaleidoscope challenge)
  12. Persona 4 Golden (PS4 or Vita version depending on which is easier)

I'll be completing Ape Escape for this month. I should have joined earlier and put in LEGO Star Wars The Skywalker Saga but I already got both platinum trophies for it so that's no dice. Ape Escape is a quick easy platinum so I won't get penalized month one with no points. LEGO Avengers will be for February. After that it's up in the air where I go.

• Like 1

inFamous: First Light (100%) :platinum:

5. Vampyr (1%)

8. Saints Row IV (10%)

14. Fallout 3 (4%) 

15. Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince (20%) 

Down with inFamous First Light. The game was meh and shouldn't have been a standalone game. The story is really short consisting of just a few simple missions to dive deeper into her story in which I've already forgot her name it was that quick haha. Now got the inFamous plats in all and has been in my to do list for some time so I'm grateful it was short at least. I just didn't get the neon gimmick and the other inFamous games were much better being inFamous 1 my very first platinum but this didn't live up to the series. Most of the game is spent in the arena doing easy enough challenges for no reason 

Also added another game in Trine 4 haha. I will get around to the games I originally added, I think lol 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jones_jr02 said:

-Snip-

-Snip-

I have you added officially to the first page of the event! Just a reminder, it IS okay to have the same game on your list but please remember that the second version of the game can only be completed at least 2 months after the first game of the same name is completed.

9 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

Okay, fine, I'll join. I need to do many of these games anyways for my other events. Order is alphabetic but I probably won't be doing them in that order:

1. Ape Escape (PS5 version)
  2. LEGO Avengers (PS4 version)
  3. Disgaea 4+ Complete (for Kaleidoscope challenge)
  4. Disgaea 5 (for Kaleidoscope challenge)
  5. World of Final Fantasy (for Kaleidoscope challenge)
  6. Dragon Quest XI S (for Kaleidoscope challenge)
  7. Rogue Galaxy (for Kaleidoscope challenge)
  8. Ni No Kuni Remastered (for Kaleidoscope challenge)
  9. Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
  10. Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD (one of these is for the Kalediscope challenge)
  11. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (for Kaleidoscope challenge)
  12. Persona 4 Golden (PS4 or Vita version depending on which is easier)

I'll be completing Ape Escape for this month. I should have joined earlier and put in LEGO Star Wars The Skywalker Saga but I already got both platinum trophies for it so that's no dice. Ape Escape is a quick easy platinum so I won't get penalized month one with no points. LEGO Avengers will be for February. After that it's up in the air where I go.

Welcome to the event! Having things alphabetically is just so I can easily search through everyone's profiles on this site, you are not required to complete games in any order. Also, the month that you join the event is your 'safe month', you WILL NOT be penalized by not getting a game completed in this month.

As for your list, I have heard that the PS4 and Vita versions have the exact same list for P4G, so I guess the choice of which one to do would come down to which system you want to play the game on more.

2 hours ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

inFamous: First Light (100%) :platinum:

-Snip-

Down with inFamous First Light. The game was meh and shouldn't have been a standalone game. The story is really short consisting of just a few simple missions to dive deeper into her story in which I've already forgot her name it was that quick haha. Now got the inFamous plats in all and has been in my to do list for some time so I'm grateful it was short at least. I just didn't get the neon gimmick and the other inFamous games were much better being inFamous 1 my very first platinum but this didn't live up to the series. Most of the game is spent in the arena doing easy enough challenges for no reason 

Also added another game in Trine 4 haha. I will get around to the games I originally added, I think lol 

Are you somehow looking through my huge backlog? o.o

inFamous has been a favorite series of mine since the first game on PS3 as the powers and characters were fantastic. My liking of it dropped off with Delsin and his story in Second Son, so I have had First Light forever, but haven't dived into it because Fetch as a character was just off-putting in Delsins' game.

The series of Trine was a hidden gem that I found when I was bored on the PS3. While the second game was really short trophy wise on that system, I have heard that the developers changed the trophies to (force) enable players to explore more of Trine 2 to actually get 100%. This series has also been sitting in my backlog for a while!

Edited by BlazzingWind
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, jones_jr02 said:

1)Telling Lies (12%)

4)Last Stop (7%)

5)Escape Academy (0%)

6)Road 96 (0%)

7)Stray (0%)

10)Far Cry 3 (0%)

11)Full Throttle (0%)

12)Man Eater (0%)

My error adding Hot Wheels Unleashed twice, guess thats what you get when doing this post while at work, lol. If its ok can I remove number 14 Hot Wheels Unleashed (can be come April) and i'll replace it later today once i've gone through my backlog

• Like 1

Since we are talking about removing a game. This will unfortunately have to wait until April to be removed.

I will make a note on my own list that you want it removed and remind you in April for your removal post.

Trying to keep everything fair based on the rules. I hope you understand.