The game you will never finish - 6.3 Version

PIOTREK27-1982

Don't worry, the deep dungeon is going to be cleared solo on day one or two (after the gear level grind) as Warrior or any other tank for that matter this time, the amount of self sustain they have now is ridiculous, you can already soloclear The Excitatron 6000 or duoclear the o12s for example. I really hope I'm wrong and they have come up with some sort of hindrance for tanks to not make every other job feel pointless to play.

Edited by AvariceInc
  • Like 1

I am not looking forward to grinding this out when I get back in. I had to take a break, I like to play other games and the game feels like a full time job for me to keep up with. -_-lol plus this year is actually stacked with releases I want to play. I'll wait to see the strats for this before even thinking about going back. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I just cleared Eureka Orthos up to floor 30 with matchmaking party, it seems like the mobs can kill you way faster than the bosses... still pretty straightforward, same as before with up to date mechanics. Too bad that you need a fixed party to go past Floor 30...

As for other trophies, Amazing manderville are as easy as the first step, a couple of one time only quests to do then you just need 1500 Allagan Tomestone of Astronomy. Crystalline Tools on the other hand, if you did Skybuilders you should be very familiar with what's required to do... craft/gather some collectables and exchange them for the required material for each step (2 steps), one of the required materials for DoH is bought using White Scrips, the rest you can buy from MB (didn't do DoL yet so no idea).

Note: the new Tools give some unique bonuses!

Good luck with 6.35 everyone!

Edited by oYazmat
  • Like 3

Guys, good luck with new stuff. 

Loporrits are awesome. 

Slowly grinding materials for my Miner tool (180 crystals, 210 crystals, 180 and 210 components out of 60 to 80 collectables etc.).

As for Eureka i'm grinding Palace of the Dead up to 50 floor to unlock it. 

I need to do some previous Manderville quests for his weapon too.

That's it. We'll get new filler quests in 3 months. 

Edited by PIOTREK27-1982

Just finished the new deep dungeon there, I actually feel this one is actually more comfortable to solo than the rest, there's special enemies in it which you probably want to avoid solo unless you use a storm after pulling them, but even then it's risky because some of them can hit a non-tank and it's just a one shot. It looks like I'm the first here to actually get it cleared too (not the first in-game but maybe and hopefully got the 1st spot on the site? :D)

I enjoyed it though, the end is a nice surprise too.

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, DEMON said:

Just finished the new deep dungeon there, I actually feel this one is actually more comfortable to solo than the rest, there's special enemies in it which you probably want to avoid solo unless you use a storm after pulling them, but even then it's risky because some of them can hit a non-tank and it's just a one shot. It looks like I'm the first here to actually get it cleared too (not the first in-game but maybe and hopefully got the 1st spot on the site? :D

Congrats! Out of curiosity do you play on keyboard and mouse? One of my struggles has been the UI. I think in a pinch I'd struggle to use a pomander because I'd have to cycle through the items to find what I need.

What job are you going to try soloing on?

Edited by MakoSOLIDER
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MakoSOLIDER said:

Congrats! Out of curiosity do you play on keyboard and mouse? One of my struggles has been the UI. I think in a pinch I'd struggle to use a pomander because I'd have to cycle through the items to find what I need.

I play with controller, and 2 of the others played on controller too, we had one KBM player who mainly used the poms for us, but it honestly ain't that bad, it's like one click with the touch pad and you're on that menu, just make sure to lock it to your screen, familirise yourself with what everything is and you'll be fine.

On my run, I did have to solo floor 50 boss and the floor 80 boss, so then I did have to use some poms (during combat too), but I played WAR which is quite comfy in bosses.

Edited by DEMON

5 hours ago, DEMON said:

I play with controller, and 2 of the others played on controller too, we had one KBM player who mainly used the poms for us, but it honestly ain't that bad, it's like one click with the touch pad and you're on that menu, just make sure to lock it to your screen, familirise yourself with what everything is and you'll be fine.

On my run, I did have to solo floor 50 boss and the floor 80 boss, so then I did have to use some poms (during combat too), but I played WAR which is quite comfy in bosses.

Gratz on your 100 floor clear!

@oYazmat ty!

@MakoSOLIDER i never actually seen your question from earlier, but definitely WAR, it's very nice, and I managed to survive a messed up monster room (room with literally 10 or so monsters packed up in it), from just rotating my cool downs, we messed it up as we originally wanted to use a storm or something else (honestly can't remind now), but then there was a luring trap and that killed off someone and it just chained badly from there. Pretty much everyone but me and the MCH were dead, so there was no healer to help keep me alive there. Same with some bosses, like I said, I solo'd most of the Floor 50 and 80 bosses myself, party died, I managed to survive and keep myself alive fighting the boss.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DEMON said:

@oYazmat ty!

@MakoSOLIDER i never actually seen your question from earlier, but definitely WAR, it's very nice, and I managed to survive a messed up monster room (room with literally 10 or so monsters packed up in it), from just rotating my cool downs, we messed it up as we originally wanted to use a storm or something else (honestly can't remind now), but then there was a luring trap and that killed off someone and it just chained badly from there. Pretty much everyone but me and the MCH were dead, so there was no healer to help keep me alive there. Same with some bosses, like I said, I solo'd most of the Floor 50 and 80 bosses myself, party died, I managed to survive and keep myself alive fighting the boss.

Seems like a lot of people trying solo are using WAR. I am using WAR myself to farm Aetherpool for the time beeing just get used to it since I never really played it apart for leveling it to 90 (which was a small number of dungeons and Zadnor...)

On 16.2.2023 at 4:17 PM, Skateryoshi said:

I am not looking forward to grinding this out when I get back in. I had to take a break, I like to play other games and the game feels like a full time job for me to keep up with. -_-lol plus this year is actually stacked with releases I want to play. I'll wait to see the strats for this before even thinking about going back. 

I know what u mean. I love the game to death But I always get the feeling i have something to do Therr because i dont want to fall behind. So i can Play Other Games. Thats why i loved the „newfound adventure“ dlc Package. Do four Things and thats it. 

soloing the new Dungeon is maybe possible but Not something it Has to be done for a trophy. If someone wants to do it feel  free. Especially if u know that Yoshida hates the trophysystem. Love the Game but gets a little bit frustrating imo.

Edited by VER7UZ-

On 3/8/2023 at 7:57 AM, DEMON said:

Just finished the new deep dungeon there, I actually feel this one is actually more comfortable to solo than the rest, there's special enemies in it which you probably want to avoid solo unless you use a storm after pulling them, but even then it's risky because some of them can hit a non-tank and it's just a one shot. It looks like I'm the first here to actually get it cleared too (not the first in-game but maybe and hopefully got the 1st spot on the site? :D)

Congratulations on your clear! I did my clear with a PF group tonight and it was mostly fine after explaining the mechanics to them.

Similar to PotD/HoH, the main concern with a tank is always going to be damage output and most enemies were easy to solo even on DPS in the later floors, so I might try a ranged DPS instead depending on what the optimal strategies become. 

Edited by Tentativeuser
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tentativeuser said:

Congratulations on your clear! I did my clear with a pug group tonight and it was mostly fine after explaining the mechanics to them. The content is not too challenging in a group and I highly recommend everyone to do that before attempting to solo. 

Similar to PotD/HoH, the main concern with a tank is always going to be damage output and most enemies were not too challenging to solo even on DPS in the later floors, so I might try a ranged DPS instead depending on what the optimal strategies become. 

I'm doing it solo as a MCH, definitely more comfy there. as for dps, it is really easy with using the summons (and applying debuffs on bosses using the dreadnaught, not a must but can help when time is tight). If you are doing it as a tank or healer definitely keep the blm or onion knight summon for a boss, it can help ease the dps check by a lot.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DarkAnimaa said:

I'm doing it solo as a MCH, definitely more comfy there. as for dps, it is really easy with using the summons (and applying debuffs on bosses using the dreadnaught, not a must but can help when time is tight). If you are doing it as a tank or healer definitely keep the blm or onion knight summon for a boss, it can help ease the dps check by a lot.

Thanks for the information. I was originally planning to attempt it blind since that's how I do everything in this game, but my time is rather limited and the sheer length of each attempt is going to make that impossible. 

30 minutes ago, Tentativeuser said:

Thanks for the information. I was originally planning to attempt it blind since that's how I do everything in this game, but my time is rather limited and the sheer length of each attempt is going to make that impossible. 

that is true, I am already having flash backs of my failed solo PotD attempts '-_-, at the very least this is not as bad as I thought it would be.

• Like 1

Glad to hear that it's not as bad as it looked at first!

Just as a side note: don't forget about the potions, both the Hyper-potions (11k heal) and the Rejuvination ones from the NPC should help quite a lot in the matter of healing for DPS classes! The npc exchange a stack of 20 for 1 item you get by clearing floor 30 everytime.

I solo'd the first thirty floors as a WAR and discovered what will make this hard, DCing.

Was pretty salty started the next set of floors, got to 32, and boom, 90k. Log back in and discovered it kicks you from the instance and adds a KO to the save file. I guess I'll avoid doing this in the evening as the connection seems to always be janky during prime time (and it's just 14, no issues on other games).

• Like 4

yeah it's really too much to add one 5 hours run dungeon with failing give you back to the begining , it's remember my easter egg's on call of duty in past. 

why they have to add more and more difficulty are more hard...

in the past final fantasy 14 is the place for peace and calm , and now it's a pain for doing some trophies , especially the 2 last's savage , the criterion savage , and now this 5 hours dungon death run.

• Like 2