The game you will never finish - 6.3 Version

PIOTREK27-1982

@Mouton33 I agree. This game used to feel like a vacation to me and it hasn't felt that way in some time.

I would say that it feels like this particular expansion has put out content far too frequently specifically for hardcore raiders but that might just be because of the trophies. I would have liked to see more casual content thrown in.

This deep dungeon feels like a deep Dungeon for raiders based on all the mechanics. It's at odds with the other 2 deep dungeons.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MakoSOLIDER said:

@Mouton33 I agree. This game used to feel like a vacation to me and it hasn't felt that way in some time.

I would say that it feels like this particular expansion has put out content far too frequently specifically for hardcore raiders but that might just be because of the trophies. I would have liked to see more casual content thrown in.

This deep dungeon feels like a deep Dungeon for raiders based on all the mechanics. It's at odds with the other 2 deep dungeons.

Consensus is that this is actually the easiest to solo amongst the three

• Like 1

i watched the guide boss eureka orthos floor 60 and one of his attack is remember memory 8 aoe's , i have found hard to remember 5 aoe's in the last dungeon's they have add , but why add more and always more aoe's to remember? in two years what? 16 aoe's to remember? and in 10 years 30 aoe's to remember? at a time you have to stop to add more more more difficulty and more aoe's.

yeah i am a big fan of final fantasy but i know square enix are always put hard things , same for valkyrie elysium and the new difficulty trophy they added in the dlc.

i have 42 years and sometimes it's hard to remember all the aoe's they put more.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mouton33 said:

i watched the guide boss eureka orthos floor 60 and one of his attack is remember memory 8 aoe's , i have found hard to remember 5 aoe's in the last dungeon's they have add , but why add more and always more aoe's to remember? in two years what? 16 aoe's to remember? and in 10 years 30 aoe's to remember? at a time you have to stop to add more more more difficulty and more aoe's.

For what it's worth having done that boss solo, the AoE sequence seems to only go North - South - East - West for the first four AoEs, then either another NSEW sequence or a reverse of that which is WESN. It's not as hard as Boss number 3 in the newest 24man raid where the AoEs were completely random in sequence.

It's definitely a test of patience and perseverance, I knew that already going into it since I did HoH solo 100 with RDM before. Currently, my highest floor is 78. I died to a chest explosion while fishing for demiclone generators. :facepalm: Had the HP decrease debuff on the floor and my health wasn't full when I opened the chest so BOOM! Plus I was honestly not playing at 100% brainpower so I was really not focused (played late at night after work). I 100% deserved that stupid death lmao.

I'm using MCH and I think as far as DPS goes, it's your best shot. High burst with 2x reassemble, kite capability, silence for mimics and other interruptible enemy casts, 2x damage reduction abilities. You will need to farm sustain pots though so there's the con. I considered going WAR or PLD but if you're going as tank, you pretty much have to at some floors pull off some trigger-the-mine kind of plays in order to kill enemies faster. Time is not your friend as tank. Healers I imagine are the same (avoid AST unless you like CBT lmao).

Considering it's my second try for solo (wiped at floor 58 on an earlier run) it doesn't seem so bad IF you religiously study stream vods of solo 100 runs and this godsent google docs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wc0LHgUZmmqMUnRflZsDxc3JtHS0dxO9D4WH--UQk_E/preview.

You HAVE to know what each enemy can do. Some enemies just auto attack, do a simple AoE, etc. But some have late-telegraphed AoEs, some you have to line of sight by hiding behind walls, etc. 

It seems very overwhelming and daunting, and it will feel crushing when you wipe so close to the end - which will definitely happen to anyone, but it's not overly impossible. I myself am taking this casually. When I wiped to floor 78 I went 'Okay that's it for today. Try again next time when I feel like it'. You can't just force yourself to keep going because you'll end up just wasting your time. 

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Mouton33 said:

yeah i am a big fan of final fantasy but i know square enix are always put hard things , same for valkyrie elysium and the new difficulty trophy they added in the dlc.

i have 42 years and sometimes it's hard to remember all the aoe's they put more.

if you look well he just have 2 pattern he rotate each time, front/behind/right/left/front/behind/lright/left and fron/behind/right/left/left/right/behind/front

but still they really shuld retire the from start on solo and the retry from the set of 10 floors, + a timer of 90min, one hour is too limit

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mouton33 said:

yeah it's really too much to add one 5 hours run dungeon with failing give you back to the begining , it's remember my easter egg's on call of duty in past. 

why they have to add more and more difficulty are more hard...

in the past final fantasy 14 is the place for peace and calm , and now it's a pain for doing some trophies , especially the 2 last's savage , the criterion savage , and now this 5 hours dungon death run.

5 hours? you are fast! an average player like me will probably need 8 hours+

On 3/10/2023 at 9:32 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

I solo'd the first thirty floors as a WAR and discovered what will make this hard, DCing.

Was pretty salty started the next set of floors, got to 32, and boom, 90k. Log back in and discovered it kicks you from the instance and adds a KO to the save file. I guess I'll avoid doing this in the evening as the connection seems to always be janky during prime time (and it's just 14, no issues on other games).

This is my biggest fear, I have some occasional DC, my connection is not so stable...

22 hours ago, Mouton33 said:

yeah it's really too much to add one 5 hours run dungeon with failing give you back to the begining , it's remember my easter egg's on call of duty in past. 

why they have to add more and more difficulty are more hard...

in the past final fantasy 14 is the place for peace and calm , and now it's a pain for doing some trophies , especially the 2 last's savage , the criterion savage , and now this 5 hours dungon death run.

criterion savage has no trophy, the extreme version does. 

I like the variety of trophies, it isn't too difficult or too easy except for floor 100 because of rng. even then, this is the easiest one out of the three.

lets be happy that there are no ultimate trophies otherwise I'll never get them until I get a long vacation...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spiddel said:

it's still pretty difficult even if you are already a solo deep dungeon gamer, I've cleared all three by myself and I can safely say it's one of the hardest trophies in a videogame to this day since you need to play very well for 10 hours.

congrats!

3 hours ago, Tentativeuser said:

Agreed. I got to floor 91 (didn't realize that the patrol was proximity and not sight) on my first solo attempt a few days ago and I'm currently unable to get another serious attempt in with all of my other obligations. At some point, I need to find another 10 hours to hopefully get it done in one sitting because I've found that it's harder to stay focused if I break up the attempts. A big congratulations on your achievement!

I'm on attempt no.4 and trust me taking breaks is the worst thing that someone might do. died twice on floor 60ish because I wasn't paying attention after taking a nap. 

I might do some attempts on a different save after breaks just to get "into the zone" and continue on my main save afterwards. 

To everyone else who is attempting this, be patient! rng plays a big part and it is expected to have some bad runs. never give up :) 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DarkAnimaa said:

congrats!

I'm on attempt no.4 and trust me taking breaks is the worst thing that someone might do. died twice on floor 60ish because I wasn't paying attention after taking a nap. 

I might do some attempts on a different save after breaks just to get "into the zone" and continue on my main save afterwards. 

To everyone else who is attempting this, be patient! rng plays a big part and it is expected to have some bad runs. never give up :) 

Good idea to use another save after a break!

I honestly cannot do it without breaks unless I take a vacation for this..

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tentativeuser said:

Finally had time to get another run in and got the clear:

nwEMaf0.png

Overall, it went surprisingly well and I'm glad that it didn't take very many attempts.

Congratz! Am just at floor 21 solo... I need more time ?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PostGameBlues said:

Well this just happened to me today. Got disconnected at Floor 97 1f611.png I got really good poms heading to Floor 99 boss too. Had 3 onion knight demiclones, 2 raising pomanders (including one more I already activated), had some strength, steel, and had enough sight and dreadnaught poms to breeze through the remainder of Floor 97 and 98. 1-90 took me what, 6-7 hours? So all that got flushed down the toilet because of something out of my control. 1f629.png

If you also have unreliable wifi connection to your PS5, see if you can do a direct connection. From now on all my attempts would be at my PC. I'll do 1-90 there then pray to god that my connection holds up for one hour to finish 91-100. 

It's definitely frustrating and bullshit, but that's part of the process (well, if you got shitty wifi thanks to crappy Australian broadband). Now I'm definitely fired up to clear this cause I pretty much had it lol. Just have to climb back up again.

Oh s*** man sorry that happened to you at the worst time! 97! Wow... we were just talking about this in Twitter... yesterday I was preparing to go into F21 and boom! Disconnected! My router just rebooted...

I don't know about you but my pc disconnect more than my ps5, I wouldn't trust it for the higher floors, and I play worse on keyboard anyway.

Good luck with the run back up!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, oYazmat said:

Oh s*** man sorry that happened to you at the worst time! 97! Wow... we were just talking about this in Twitter... yesterday I was preparing to go into F21 and boom! Disconnected! My router just rebooted...

I don't know about you but my pc disconnect more than my ps5, I wouldn't trust it for the higher floors, and I play worse on keyboard anyway.

Good luck with the run back up!

Thanks lol strange thing is after a brief moment of frustration I wasn't demotivated at all. It's like I cleared in my head already so I just need to actually get it done lol. 

My PC has direct ethernet connection so it's a whole lot more stable. It's where I usually play when I'm progging Savage or Ultimate since I don't wanna grief my static. Then I hop on to my PS5 for the trophy clears lol. Ever since I built my PC I've been playing this game on it 90% of the time. It's just so much smoother. And also I still use Dual Sense controller on my PC to play this game lol. Keyboard is just awful for me since I'm not used to it.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

Waiting for a - emperor from Elder scrolls online - like trophy. 

havnt started eureka orthos just yet but what i read Here it Sounds unnecessary. Reach Stage 100 with others is more Than enough.

Edited by VER7UZ-

Man i’m really glad they added a trophy for it, and wish they did for omega ulti too. Gives me hope we’ll get more ‘hard’ gold trophies. It’s a themepark mmo, and a variety of trophies, both easy and hard suit that. 

This is by far the easiest DD to solo. I did it second try after switching to mch, and I only lost the first try to lag. It is literally just a knowledge check. If you know it. You’ll clear.  

Mobs hit like wet noodles so any dps works really well. Frankly any job works well since lethargy exists, cause you can aoe pull any floor. Even 91+ with it. 

I am very happy to talk people through my pomander usage if they’re struggling for time or over/under using during sets. ^^

Edited by Thaerick
  • Like 1