The game you will never finish - 6.3 Version

PIOTREK27-1982

Well, I finally finished it myself, and whew what a journey.

Glad that it is finally done, because I really did not enjoy the stress of the last 10 floors at 200 ping, and have lost an attempt or two in the 90s due to aforementioned ping. 

I personally think 71-80 is the most difficult part of the whole run because there are plenty of mobs that hit VERY hard, and you CANNOT kite them, or you will get caught (Coeurls, Flamebeasts), as well as limiting your room movement options since you need to be wary of being destroyed by apes.

This definitely will end the 100% Final Fantasy collection for a lot of people who are going for it due to the sheer commitment required.

All in all, for anyone already on this journey, don't fret, if you are someone who genuinely enjoys this game, and strive to improve your skill at it, you WILL get to the end and get the trophy. The stars will align eventually, don't worry. 

I cannot see anyone who plays purely for PS5 XIV's trophies getting this anytime soon, if ever, considering the only way this can get easier is if they make early level classes significantly stronger as expansions go on. Which, historically, has not been the case outside of reworks.

Good luck folks, you got this. o7

Edited by Griffon234
  • Like 2

hate my life, got killed on 68, on a room with 4 chest full of mob, used invu storm everything good then when pulling all mob a trap transform me as the stupid pet, and event trying to flee 2 room waiting being normal they killed me.........

Dont' they know this stupid dj itakng so long as pld, 1 set of floor is already awful and dying there is wtf, mean lke 6h

i'am at a point when even doing just 10 floor per week is pain to me

and of course room wmust was clear because on way to teleport

Edited by AntoShin

40 minutes ago, AntoShin said:

hate my life, got killed on 68, on a room with 4 chest full of mob, used invu storm everything good then when pulling all mob a trap transform me as the stupid pet, and event trying to flee 2 room waiting being normal they killed me.........

Dont' they know this stupid dj itakng so long as pld, 1 set of floor is already awful and dying there is wtf, mean lke 6h

That is a treasure room, sometimes you will have to face them to reach the end. If you're not stretched on time, then you can just pull mobs 1 by 1 and pull what you need. 

If you are stretched for time and have to rush, AND you have to cut through a treasure room, you have two easy options:

1) Dread

2) Lethargy and multipull and storm.

The time it is taking is the downside of playing a tank. Play a DPS, it is much more bearable to do if you're only going for one clear. The downside is that you will need to farm pots.

Edited by Griffon234

On 4/8/2023 at 0:37 PM, Griffon234 said:

Well, I finally finished it myself, and whew what a journey.

Glad that it is finally done, because I really did not enjoy the stress of the last 10 floors at 200 ping, and have lost an attempt or two in the 90s due to aforementioned ping. 

I personally think 71-80 is the most difficult part of the whole run because there are plenty of mobs that hit VERY hard, and you CANNOT kite them, or you will get caught (Coeurls, Flamebeasts), as well as limiting your room movement options since you need to be wary of being destroyed by apes.

This definitely will end the 100% Final Fantasy collection for a lot of people who are going for it due to the sheer commitment required.

All in all, for anyone already on this journey, don't fret, if you are someone who genuinely enjoys this game, and strive to improve your skill at it, you WILL get to the end and get the trophy. The stars will align eventually, don't worry. 

I cannot see anyone who plays purely for PS5 XIV's trophies getting this anytime soon, if ever, considering the only way this can get easier is if they make early level classes significantly stronger as expansions go on. Which, historically, has not been the case outside of reworks.

Good luck folks, you got this. o7

Congratulations! What job did you do this with?

2 minutes ago, Griffon234 said:

That is a treasure room, sometimes you will have to face them to reach the end. If you're not stretched on time, then you can just pull mobs 1 by 1 and pull what you need. 

If you are stretched for time and have to rush, AND you have to cut through a treasure room, you have two easy options:

1) Dread

2) Lethargy and multipull and storm.

i used choice é but with the trap transforming me for 1min i could do nothing even with running if i stay close i take aoe from mob and die and i went far 2 room awa but floor 68 there were man thunder snake who do high donuts aoe and killed me &às before i could return to normal

7 minutes ago, Moomba said:

Congratulations! What job did you do this with?

Summoner. 

7 minutes ago, AntoShin said:

i used choice é but with the trap transforming me for 1min i could do nothing even with running if i stay close i take aoe from mob and die and i went far 2 room awa but floor 68 there were man thunder snake who do high donuts aoe and killed me &às before i could return to normal

What you would do in this circumstance against the snake, assuming it is the only monster you pulled, is that you run away from it, bait it to start casting, and then run next to it while it is casting, and repeat that. 

When it is casting, it cannot auto you. 

• Like 1

i mean it was  treasure room, as i explained i was not first pulled it i pulled everything with my invu on (snake, ninja, frogs etc...) for not dying i used storm to reduce all their life then a trap transform me as an owl for like 30s, so my invu was go off during that time, if i stayed inside snake i will create other mob aoe inside snake dougnut, i left like 2 room mob following me trying to survive until owl go off, but then took hit aoe like 5s before it go off

I know well pattern from near every mob, but if i didnt get hte owl debuff, i would get to next set of floor

And i hate return to lower floor (mostly 1-10 ; 31-40 51-60 )

14 minutes ago, AntoShin said:

i mean it was  treasure room, as i explained i was not first pulled it i pulled everything with my invu on (snake, ninja, frogs etc...) for not dying i used storm to reduce all their life then a trap transform me as an owl for like 30s, so my invu was go off during that time, if i stayed inside snake i will create other mob aoe inside snake dougnut, i left like 2 room mob following me trying to survive until owl go off, but then took hit aoe like 5s before it go off

I know well pattern from near every mob, but if i didnt get hte owl debuff, i would get to next set of floor

And i hate return to lower floor (mostly 1-10 ; 31-40 51-60 )

I misunderstood then, apologies, seems just a stroke of bad luck from trap placement, but I guess that can be remedied with more careful movement along the walls. You'll get to 71-80 next time, good luck. 

If only they added a trophy for the solo 1 to 50 achievement, it would be like a consolation trophy ?

I feel you Anto, I had to go through a treasure room in that same set of floors, and just dreaded it and was very afraid of hitting a trap (don't remember if I sighted or not...)

1 hour ago, oYazmat said:

If only they added a trophy for the solo 1 to 50 achievement, it would be like a consolation trophy 1f602.png

I feel you Anto, I had to go through a treasure room in that same set of floors, and just dreaded it and was very afraid of hitting a trap (don't remember if I sighted or not...)

i usually do as pld

i'll try as bard this time

well it dont do that much more dmg than pld sadly

did the 20 first floor already have 3 storm, 2 raising, 2 dread

If only they could retire the raising pillar in solo, i hate when i chain floor with only raising go up and no teleport

On 10/04/2023 at 2:09 PM, AntoShin said:

I advise using a sight or safety if you’re gonna wipe a treasure room like that, specifically a safety in your case on tank, as you wanna sight + landmine mobs 71-73. 

Damn, died again on floor 51 after 1 week progress

Those snails should be forbidden, stunning not always working, i killed 4 snail just before stunning was ok, 5th snail far before he complet is skill i do stun + attack and stun appear on his statut and his protection physical too (wtf and not first time it happen) then my animation my gcd finish &s after and i die from this

Really Really Really Really Really hate this ********* monster and this gold trophy........

I cleared it on PC using this guide, on PLD, but the general rules are the same as WAR

Finh explains every monster and boss and, more importantly, how to effectively manage pomanders for floors 71-100. To prove his point, he doesn't open any gold chests in 91-98 and still finishes with 10 minutes left.

24 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Floor 100 cleared. Back at 100%. I literally went into the last set with a single dread and lethargy. Was able to pick up two storms and a bunch of strengths and Demiclones. I really thought I had no shot on this run, but I had some god-tier RNG on my side.

Conratz! RNG is a huge part of it unless you have been doing DDs for years...

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

SHARE_20230508_0331530.jpg

Took 2 months and 2 days but I finally got my clear. As @Griffon234 said, the stars aligned. I prayed for good luck and finally got a good 91-98 floorset in terms of debuffs. More important though, was my sheer commitment to self-improve, use feedback, and not give up after coming so close so many times and then fumbling over a bad decision. I took into practice the strats I learned along the way and in combination with incredible luck this run, it finally paid off. 

I disagree with most people here and believe that 91-98 is much harder than 71-80 but that may just be because my luck has been bad on the floors for the most part with a crap ton of patrolling monsters. This run, 91+ felt very easy.

I need to get the following off my chest though: I consider Eureka Orthos, my first cleared deep dungeon, to be the most inaccessible content in the game for someone like myself with ADHD and low vision. It is significantly harder than Abyssos Savage and other raids (which have their own problems) to me for a number of factors that stem from the design. When you have ADHD you can get easily distracted by a stray thought, especially the longer things go on. My five runs before my clear run, were one death to a twister, losing focus during the floor 50 boss, and 3 further deaths below floor 30. Prior to that, I’ve had maybe 3 or 4 runs in the 90s. That's not a skill issue, it's simple neurochemistry. I can hyperfocus in a 7-11 minute Savage fight easily and perform extremely well, but going at 100 floors is a massive burn on the mind, even if broken up into different sessions (you lose the groove as some have mentioned). Luck played a massive role between the time on my runs and I had a whole 15 minutes remaining on my clear, so I’d agree that luck makes a huge difference for those not experienced in Deep Dungeons.

On the vision front, the UI is an absolute disaster in Deep Dungeon. I resized my map and pom menu to take up 1/3 of my screen each just so I could see them and they're very clearly designed around PC/mouse. Can't tell apart the gold and silver chests either without zooming in because the light swirling around them is seemingly the same color. Why is there no indicator for when you've used a safety or a current floor has been flighted or altered? Sometimes I will simply just forget or fail to recall I used one of those.

Not all these issues can be addressed of course, but the devs really need to do more to cater to disabled people who play the game. It doesn't mean making the game easier, it just means allowing more options/UI tweaks and more means to accomplish the same goals, especially on console.

Anyway, I did have some fun, otherwise, I wouldn’t have kept going despite just how extremely difficult it is for me. Overall though, just not a fan of Orthos, especially in a solo context and I dread (pun intended) the next deep dungeon trophy.

Tldr: Cleared, had some fun but overall dislike Orthos, it is hard, devs need to do better for disabled players

• Like 4