Moonshot Farming

TrannosaurusBex

3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It does still work but not the way it used to so see this video:

Hmm, not sure that explained it very well, as I thought this was how it worked anyway.

So, am I right in saying you down the warrior, save quit, upload character, load in, call in moonshot, grab loot, put said loot in the bank, save quit, download character, upload character, then rinse and repeat?

3 minutes ago, TrannosaurusBex said:

Hmm, not sure that explained it very well, as I thought this was how it worked anyway.

So, am I right in saying you down the warrior, save quit, upload character, load in, call in moonshot, grab loot, put said loot in the bank, save quit, download character, upload character, then rinse and repeat?

Correct. There used to be a slightly different method for doing this trick but that version was fixed a few years ago so now this is the only way of doing it to my knowledge.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Correct. There used to be a slightly different method for doing this trick but that version was fixed a few years ago so now this is the only way of doing it to my knowledge.

Does this mean we're limited to farming only as many items which can fit in the bank? Or, once you load back in, can you then grab the item from the vault and it will then be permanently saved to the character, even if we continue farming?

17 hours ago, TrannosaurusBex said:

Does this mean we're limited to farming only as many items which can fit in the bank? Or, once you load back in, can you then grab the item from the vault and it will then be permanently saved to the character, even if we continue farming?

You're restricted to the 4 slots in Claptrap's Stash, since that has its own save - whereas the vault in the Raider HQ is part of your main save so any new items in it, will be lost when you redownload your save. You can circumvent this limitation by doing the exploit in co-op and giving your items to a friend to hold onto.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

You're restricted to the 5 or 6 slots in Claptrap's Stash, since that has its own save - whereas the vault in the Raider HQ is part of your main save so any new items in it, will be lost when you redownload your save. You can circumvent this limitation by doing the exploit in co-op and giving your items to a friend to hold onto.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate the quick replies.

• Like 1

On 08/01/2023 at 8:41 AM, HuntingFever said:

You're restricted to the 4 slots in Claptrap's Stash, since that has its own save - whereas the vault in the Raider HQ is part of your main save so any new items in it, will be lost when you redownload your save. You can circumvent this limitation by doing the exploit in co-op and giving your items to a friend to hold onto.

I just want to clarify one more thing; since I'm likely to play through ultimate vault hunter mode, I guess there is no point using this glitch to farm on my second playthrough since the loot will just become obsolete?

23 minutes ago, TrannosaurusBex said:

I just want to clarify one more thing; since I'm likely to play through ultimate vault hunter mode, I guess there is no point using this glitch to farm on my second playthrough since the loot will just become obsolete?

Correct. This trick is best used on Playthroughs 1 and 2, else your gear will be obsolete almost instantly.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1