Your Favourite Game That You Platinum'd in 2022

vVaIak-

Howdy everyone! I'm quite new on the forum (my account is old but I have never really been on the forum)

This question has probably already been asked a million times on here, but I'll ask anyway. What was your favourite platinum of 2022? I am very interested to see what people's opinions are :D 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Brrrrrradislava said:

If it's a 2022 game that you ask for I'd go with Gran Turismo 7.

If it's any game that I platinumed in 2022 I'd go with God of War( 2018 )

I remember years ago I was extremely hyperfixated on Gran Turismo 5. I wasn't into trophy hunting back then but I just loved zipping round all the corners with the fastest vehicles, it was a blast

We already have the favorite game you played in 2022, so that’s probably going to significantly overlap with this more narrow topic of which you platinumed:

You might not get a lot of responses if people assume they already posted what you’re looking for here. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, spingleFPS said:

Howdy everyone! I'm quite new on the forum (my account is old but I have never really been on the forum)

This question has probably already been asked a million times on here, but I'll ask anyway. What was your favourite platinum of 2022? I am very interested to see what people's opinions are :D 

Red Dead Redemption II

Amazing game, not a big fan with the online mode, but  the story mode, even the search of all animals was awesome.

• Like 3

I'd say either just cause 4 or the wolf among us

Just cause 4 is not as great as just cause 3 but brought the same excitement the other games bring and the new grappling hook additions added a new layer of creativity to the gameplay which made the game feel like a breeze

The Wolf among us captured me with a story that I was locked into until the very end. Absolutely recommend this to anyone considering giving it a shot

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, EricAS17384751 said:

Red Dead Redemption II

Amazing game, not a big fan with the online mode, but  the story mode, even the search of all animals was awesome.

I've never played it before but I have friends who have and they said the exact same thing, amazing story but the online was lackluster and repetitive (according to them)

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

We already have the favorite game you played in 2022, so that’s probably going to significantly overlap with this more narrow topic of which you platinumed:

You might not get a lot of responses if people assume they already posted what you’re looking for here. 

Ah okay, thank you for telling me :)

43 minutes ago, ZooBlazer said:

Probably either God of War Ragnarok of Horizon Forbidden West.

Honorable mention to Until Dawn. I finally got the remaining trophies 7 years later.

I still have to play a God of War game, I'm actually quite embarassed I've never given one a try xD

the best game I've played in 2022 was GOWR, but I liked platinuming The Amazing Spiderman 2 more because GOWR feels like a game where the trophy list was made in order for most people to be able to get the platinum trophy, while TAS2 is a more traditional list with difficulty trophies, even if it's not hard either, it feels more involved

Edited by The Investigator

I played a lot of great games in 2022 but my favourite experiences would either have to be Kingdom Come Deliverance or Deep Rock Galactic, hands down.

KCD

I started KCD kind of hesitantly for a couple reasons. One, the trophies (especially the 100% list) looked incredibly complicated and difficult. And two, everything I’d read about KCD made it clear that it’s one of those games where people either think it’s a masterpiece or despise it with every fiber of their being. Luckily for me I fell into the first camp. Within hours I found myself completely and utterly immersed in the world of medieval Bohemia, and falling in love with the game’s unconventional and challenging simulator-like approach to RPG mechanics.

I played KCD exactly one year ago and I still think of the game often to this day. I easily regard it as one of the best role playing games I’ve ever played, and fondly remember the 200+ hours I spent with it as one of the most immersive gaming experiences of my life. It was a true escape into another world that I won’t soon forget.

DRG

I was also very hesitant about starting this game. Why? Because I took one list at the trophy list and the 300 hour time estimation and noped the fuck out like most people would. It took me several months of badly wanting to play it and hearing friends and acquaintances constantly rave about the game before I finally realized I was being silly by holding myself back from a game I really wanted to play just because the trophy list sucked. I started the game on a complete whim one night with the intention of just playing purely for fun and not worrying about the trophies at all. But it only took a few hours of mining in those caves before I knew deep down I was going to end up chasing that elusive platinum trophy no matter what — this game was absolutely amazing!

I’ve never been a big fan of multiplayer games really, so this one really took me by surprise. Instead of being built on competition like most MP games, DRG’s foundation is built entirely on the spirit of teamwork and cooperation. The whole game has a very lighthearted and silly feel to it, which really helps set the tone for one of the most friendly and encouraging communities I’ve seen on any online game to date.

Part of the brilliance of this game is the incredibly well designed class system. All 4 classes of dwarves have their own strengths/weaknesses and their own unique tasks that they excel in. To have any hope of surviving the depths of the higher hazard/complexity caves and escaping with your lives, you really do need a balanced team where each person is playing to the strengths of their chosen class and working in close cooperation with the others to ensure the mission goes smoothly. You’ve got the extremely mobile Scouts, who venture ahead in the caves, laying down flares and marking important structures, hazards and veins of ore. The Driller, whose main job is clearing structures and debris and digging out a network of tunnels and pathways. The Engineers, who specialize in laying down ledges under hard to reach veins of ore and are responsible for constructing bridges, stairways and ladders for the team. And finally the Gunner, who is a pure DPS class whose job is to help protect the miners and engineers and secure the perimeter around objectives. There’s just such a positive vibe of teamwork that goes hand in hand with this game, and at it’s core this is really what makes it so enjoyable to play for so many hundreds of hours.

I also learned a very valuable lesson with DRG about not letting the trophy hunter mentality rule you or restrain you. Deep Rock Galactic is one of the funnest games I’ve ever played, and to think I almost missed out on the experience completely because I was scared of the trophies. ?

• Like 2

I got 19 platinums in 2022. I have a few favourites

FFX- I initially played this 8 years ago but finally game back to tackle the post game to get the plat all these years later. It was very time consuming and challenging, probably my hardest platinum so far. 

Tales of Zestiria- Another throwback, came back to it after 7 years to finish the platinum, again I was at the post game so I did the rest of the trophies via new game plus and enjoyed it more than I remember I did when I first played it years ago. It was one of my more time consuming and grindy platinums, but I liked playing it despite all the faults. 

Caligula 2- This wasn't a hard plat but I loved the story, characters and gameplay. It was a really fun game and platinum. 

Story of Seasons pioneers of Olive town- I usually never play games of this genre but I really enjoyed this cute farming game. It did take me like 100 hours to platinum, but I enjoyed the gameplay and character interactions. 

• Like 1

I'd probably say Hades was my favorite game to have platted in 2022.

I platted some real bangers the last year. God of War Ragnarök, Horizon Forbidden West, It Takes Two (which I recently re-platted as my first Platinum of 2023), Doom '16, Cyberpunk, Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, MultiVersus, MultiVersus again, and GTA: Vice City to name a few. Hades was a game I had to take a break from because the loop was starting to get tiring trying to get those damn Patroclus scenes to trigger. Then I made it a goal to finish before the year ended, and it really reminded me of how badass a game it really was. I went from just prepared to leave it unfinished in my backlog to falling in love with it all over again. And that's what really makes it my favorite Platinum of 2022.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stockton572 said:

I'd probably say Hades was my favorite game to have platted in 2022.

I platted some real bangers the last year. God of War Ragnarök, Horizon Forbidden West, It Takes Two (which I recently re-platted as my first Platinum of 2023), Doom '16, Cyberpunk, Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, MultiVersus, MultiVersus again, and GTA: Vice City to name a few. Hades was a game I had to take a break from because the loop was starting to get tiring trying to get those damn Patroclus scenes to trigger. Then I made it a goal to finish before the year ended, and it really reminded me of how badass a game it really was. I went from just prepared to leave it unfinished in my backlog to falling in love with it all over again. And that's what really makes it my favorite Platinum of 2022.

You had quite the year didn't you 

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:

I played a lot of great games in 2022 but my favourite experiences would either have to be Kingdom Come Deliverance or Deep Rock Galactic, hands down.

KCD

I started KCD kind of hesitantly for a couple reasons. One, the trophies (especially the 100% list) looked incredibly complicated and difficult. And two, everything I’d read about KCD made it clear that it’s one of those games where people either think it’s a masterpiece or despise it with every fiber of their being. Luckily for me I fell into the first camp. Within hours I found myself completely and utterly immersed in the world of medieval Bohemia, and falling in love with the game’s unconventional and challenging simulator-like approach to RPG mechanics.

I played KCD exactly one year ago and I still think of the game often to this day. I easily regard it as one of the best role playing games I’ve ever played, and fondly remember the 200+ hours I spent with it as one of the most immersive gaming experiences of my life. It was a true escape into another world that I won’t soon forget.

DRG

I was also very hesitant about starting this game. Why? Because I took one list at the trophy list and the 300 hour time estimation and noped the fuck out like most people would. It took me several months of badly wanting to play it and hearing friends and acquaintances constantly rave about the game before I finally realized I was being silly by holding myself back from a game I really wanted to play just because the trophy list sucked. I started the game on a complete whim one night with the intention of just playing purely for fun and not worrying about the trophies at all. But it only took a few hours of mining in those caves before I knew deep down I was going to end up chasing that elusive platinum trophy no matter what — this game was absolutely amazing!

I’ve never been a big fan of multiplayer games really, so this one really took me by surprise. Instead of being built on competition like most MP games, DRG’s foundation is built entirely on the spirit of teamwork and cooperation. The whole game has a very lighthearted and silly feel to it, which really helps set the tone for one of the most friendly and encouraging communities I’ve seen on any online game to date.

Part of the brilliance of this game is the incredibly well designed class system. All 4 classes of dwarves have their own strengths/weaknesses and their own unique tasks that they excel in. To have any hope of surviving the depths of the higher hazard/complexity caves and escaping with your lives, you really do need a balanced team where each person is playing to the strengths of their chosen class and working in close cooperation with the others to ensure the mission goes smoothly. You’ve got the extremely mobile Scouts, who venture ahead in the caves, laying down flares and marking important structures, hazards and veins of ore. The Driller, whose main job is clearing structures and debris and digging out a network of tunnels and pathways. The Engineers, who specialize in laying down ledges under hard to reach veins of ore and are responsible for constructing bridges, stairways and ladders for the team. And finally the Gunner, who is a pure DPS class whose job is to help protect the miners and engineers and secure the perimeter around objectives. There’s just such a positive vibe of teamwork that goes hand in hand with this game, and at it’s core this is really what makes it so enjoyable to play for so many hundreds of hours.

I also learned a very valuable lesson with DRG about not letting the trophy hunter mentality rule you or restrain you. Deep Rock Galactic is one of the funnest games I’ve ever played, and to think I almost missed out on the experience completely because I was scared of the trophies. 1f642.png

Honestly I've been thinking about playing DRG more once I get PS Plus again, I really enjoyed it back when I played it :) 

• Like 1

While i enjoyed all the games i played in 2022 3 stand out for me.

Persona 5

What a game. One of those games that a lot of people recommend but being a a series I hadn't tried before I never really gave it much consideration. Well I'm glad I finally actually did it as i loved it. Great character, story, music and gameplay. Sure it has some issues but mostly just a great all round JRPG.

Super Meat Boy

Only played this as i was looking for a challenge but was pleasantly surprised but just how good a game it was. Gameplay is very responsive and the level design is actually very good as well which just makes for a fun time. The deathless runs where also just very satisfying and never felt cheap making the challenge very bare able.   

XCOM 2

Another series I'd heard almost all good thing's about but never tried. Turns out this game is sort of my bread and butter. Can't really say why but the gameplay is just so fun even if the RNG can just screw you at the worst time. 

• Like 3