Your Favourite Game That You Platinum'd in 2022

vVaIak-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Driver: San Francisco. That game's single player was a genuine joy to play in the week that I did. I was hesitant at first just cause the premise of shifting into other cars felt like the series was "jumping the shark" given what I remembered from playing Driver 1 and 2 as a kid, but once I got over that, I was just vibing with it the whole time. Characters were extremely entertaining, even if they were a little exaggerated at times. The missions were fun, mostly cause once you fully understood how shifting could help you, it made things exciting because you could focus on not only driving/racing well, but also using the other random cars to ram into your opponents and make things absolutely terrifying for the AI racers (which made things incredibly interesting when the game does the same thing against you later on). I'm also not usually someone who cares too much about FPS being 60 vs. 30, but I have to credit to the fact that single player was a consistent 60 throughout my whole playthrough. Multiplayer was stressful to knockout before it shutdown admittedly, but it was worth it to be able to at least experience it and say I have that Plat.

It's a toss up between Elden Ring, Darkest Dungeon, and Spelunky 2.

If you ever play Darkest Dungeon, I highly recommend running Flagellant with Plague Doctor, honestly my favorite duo of the entire game. I often run the two within the Warrens alongside Leper and Arbalest/Hound Master.

Elden Ring is a given.

Spelunky 2 is my second favorite game of all time, and going for the platinum only increased my enjoyment of it.

I'm pretty torn between Fuga: Melodies of Steel and Disgaea 6 Complete as my answer.

I'm a big fan of the Little Tail Bronx setting Fuga is a part of, and I deliberately saved it to be my final plat of 2022 as well as my 100th plat overall. It was really enjoyable for me to stay cooped in my house all Christmas week just playing the game while simultaneously writing the guide for it.

That said, Disgaea 6 really reinvigorated my love for the series; the game's low difficulty and auto-battle mechanic is a common point of contention for more hardcore fans of the series, but I'll admit they were the hooks that convinced me to give the game a try since I'd always been somewhat intimidated by the difficulty and necessary grinding of the previous games' postgames. Without 6 I wouldn't have considered going for the plat of 1 with the plan of eventually getting the plat for the whole series.

I platinumed two games in 2022 so not a lot of choices here ?.

So between God of War: Ragnarok and Gravity Rush Remastered, my answer is Gravity Rush. It was a very pleasant surprise for me and I played it nonstop over one month until 100% completion. It has a very fun and unique gameplay mechanic, I definitely recommend it!